Harper kick backs to rich pals

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
A Toronto builder siphoned almost $1.8 million of taxpayers’ money from a municipal project in cottage country by taking advantage of weak controls in the Conservative government’s economic stimulus program, a Star investigation has found.
Dalton Engineering and Construction Ltd. used a sophisticated kickback scheme to extract the money from cement, steel and other suppliers working on an expansion of the Gravenhurst Centennial Centre. The project is in Industry Minister Tony Clement’s riding.
Dalton was paid a fixed-price fee to manage construction of a recreation centre with pool and hockey rink but secretly insisted on hefty kickbacks from many of its subcontractors.
Kickbacks from subcontractors — as much as 10 per cent of their individual contracts — helped hike the cost of a project that started at $18.7 million and is now dangerously over budget at $21.8 million and not yet completed.
Here’s the kicker: Local residents have been told property taxes will rise to make up the difference between the final price tab and what the federal, provincial and town governments originally intended to pay.

Full story

I wonder of this will make it on Sun news tv?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Nope nothing in the Sun about it either. There is of course the usual Liberals waging a campaign of fear and old Iggy news. Surprisingly there was some coverage of the 420 demonstration in Dundas Square yesterday. I didn't see any Harper fans there either.

I do enjoy the frothing neocons do about money and then manage not to break their necks turning away from the G20 scandals and all the dirty Tory tricks and fear mongering.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Nope nothing in the Sun about it either. There is of course the usual Liberals waging a campaign of fear and old Iggy news. Surprisingly there was some coverage of the 420 demonstration in Dundas Square yesterday. I didn't see any Harper fans there either.

I do enjoy the frothing neocons do about money and then manage not to break their necks turning away from the G20 scandals and all the dirty Tory tricks and fear mongering.

Libs do it.....bad.

Cons do it....good.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
A Toronto builder siphoned almost $1.8 million of taxpayers’ money from a municipal project in cottage country by taking advantage of weak controls in the Conservative government’s economic stimulus program, a Star investigation has found.
Dalton Engineering and Construction Ltd. used a sophisticated kickback scheme to extract the money from cement, steel and other suppliers working on an expansion of the Gravenhurst Centennial Centre. The project is in Industry Minister Tony Clement’s riding.
Dalton was paid a fixed-price fee to manage construction of a recreation centre with pool and hockey rink but secretly insisted on hefty kickbacks from many of its subcontractors.
Kickbacks from subcontractors — as much as 10 per cent of their individual contracts — helped hike the cost of a project that started at $18.7 million and is now dangerously over budget at $21.8 million and not yet completed.
Here’s the kicker: Local residents have been told property taxes will rise to make up the difference between the final price tab and what the federal, provincial and town governments originally intended to pay.

Full story

I wonder of this will make it on Sun news tv?

I love it when an investigative report uses colorful words and inadvertantly changes their article from news to an op/ed.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I love it when an investigative report uses colorful words and inadvertantly changes their article from news to an op/ed.

I love it when apologists come in a spit on their hand and give Harper a little rub for support.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I love it when apologists come in a spit on their hand and give Harper a little rub for support.
lets us know when you find an incident where that happened, so far you have nothing but an op/ed

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
You did it again Ray.....Harper is gonna get dehydrated if you keep it up old fella.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011

:) you need to get a life, its just pixels on the screen, try not to be so upset and sensitive

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
my goodness, I've only been on this forum for a few days, and it looks like I have a stalker.

If I throw you a stick or a bone, will you run away with it?

WTF am I? Flypaper for problem personality posters?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
my goodness, I've only been on this forum for a few days, and it looks like I have a stalker.

If I throw you a stick or a bone, will you run away with it?

WTF am I? Flypaper for problem personality posters?

If you want me to ignore you just say so.

Otherwise stop crying about it.