The leadership debate, tonight.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Early this evening:

See Harper kill a kitten and drink its blood.

Hear Ignatieff proclaim that if he becomes Prime Minister of Canada his first act will be to merge Canada
with his "true home" the United States of America.

Live and in 3D.

But seriously, the debates are on early this evening.
I think Canadians should spend a few minutes and hear what Steven, Michael and Jack have to say.

As to the election, this debate is the only thing that really can radically change the candidates seat count.

Today threehundredeight.com has the seat count at:
Cons:152
Libs:73
Dippers:33
BQ:50

The debates are the primary thing that can change or reverse voters intentions.
Lets see how they do.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Mmhmm, I'll be watching despite knowing well advance that likely nothing any of the leaders will say is going to change my vote and I'll mostly be bored to death.

If I had my way, I'd make em fist fight in an alley.

I'm already familiar with their platforms though so not much for me to see there.... although I do hope that Ducceppe gets laid into. I can't understand why he's even in the English debate to begin with, he should be back in the motherland, tending to the Habs

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I figure that since the Conservatives, Liberals, NDP, Bloc, and the media group that organizes all felt that the Green Party shouldn't be there, then I'll return the favour by not watching or paying any attention to it.

Especially since they have also decided that hockey is more important (and, quite frankly, I agree).

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I figure that since the Conservatives, Liberals, NDP, Bloc, and the media group that organizes all felt that the Green Party shouldn't be there, then I'll return the favour by not watching or paying any attention to it.

Especially since they have also decided that hockey is more important (and, quite frankly, I agree).

Need to do a ratings comparison for the two events. My money is on the hockey ;)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Tonight someone had better come up with something intelligent it could change the
course of Canadian history it has never happened before, a leadership debate with
some intelligent words. We have to get beyond emotion and come up with something
to think about.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Tonight someone had better come up with something intelligent it could change the
course of Canadian history it has never happened before, a leadership debate with
some intelligent words. We have to get beyond emotion and come up with something
to think about.

They've already released their platforms so I expect you'll be disappointed.

Fallout

Mar 20, 2011
The Peoples only credible person left standing in politics cracks on Harper's G8 spending black hole of wasteful endeavor.

Sheila slams Tory G8 spending
Google it

For those who are interested - Canada's million dollar per minute hypocrite ought to get ripped a new one during tonight's (almost all party) debate.
Let me know how it turns out, there is an old episode of something even less meaningless on the tele that I probably won't want to miss.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Children all over this nation will sit in rapt entrancement this evening while the nations great and majestic and honorable leadership exposes the masses to the collectively radiated magnificence of practical political thinking going forward and a bit to the right. A bit more. Just a hair further. There it's perfect, a market solution, capitalist pig heaven. wheeeee

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Early this evening:

See Harper kill a kitten and drink its blood.

Hear Ignatieff proclaim that if he becomes Prime Minister of Canada his first act will be to merge Canada
with his "true home" the United States of America.

Live and in 3D.

But seriously, the debates are on early this evening.
I think Canadians should spend a few minutes and hear what Steven, Michael and Jack have to say.

As to the election, this debate is the only thing that really can radically change the candidates seat count.

Today threehundredeight.com has the seat count at:
Cons:152
Libs:73
Dippers:33
BQ:50

The debates are the primary thing that can change or reverse voters intentions.
Lets see how they do.

I will be watching though I doubt that this is the 'only thing' or the primary thing' that can change a voters mind. It has an influence for sure but there are other factors that change voter's minds during an election campaign.

I'm just glad that curling is over till the weekend and the hockey play-offs don't start until tomorrow. LOL! :lol:

to think about.

I highly doubt that with this crop of pols that we are going to see history changed, damngrumpy. :smile: Very nice thought, though.