Always remembering what a Harper majority means

PWS

Apr 11, 2011
A Harper majority means…

A higher standard of medicine for the rich and a lower standard for the poor

Major tax reductions for the rich

Global warming will be completely ignored

Defund scientific research

Defund the arts (goodbye CBC TV, CBC Radio, NFB, etc.)

Hello capital punishment, restrictions on abortion, unrestrained capitalism

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
PWS;1407742 A Harper majority means…

You mean like we've had for the last 40 years, you know where Chretien, Joe Clark, Danny Williams go to the USA for care..........

A blatant falsehood.....show me where that is in the budget or the campaign.....gov'ts like to get re-elected you know. Please stick to the facts, not the fantasies conjured up in your fevered imagination.

Really??? Promise????

Not so, unfortunately.

BTW, it is now called "climate change". Try to keep up

Stop it! Now you're just teasing me! If only this were true.......
The Ministry of Truth has got to go.
And why the heck should I be funding idiots (artists) that can't support themselves???? If I want their "art", I'll BUY it, thank you. I don't need Big Brother to buy it for me....with my money.

Unrestrained BULL****! And anyone with a brain knows it....I guess that disqualifies you.

Canada does not have, nor will have "unrestrained" capitalism.......you must be joking.

Harper has specifically ruled out legislation on capital punishment and abortion.......so, are you lying, fear-mongering, or are you simply uninformed?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Really??? Promise????

Not so, unfortunately.

BTW, it is now called "climate change". Try to keep up

Now?

Tell me Colpy....when did they start calling it Climate Change and stop calling it Global Warming?

Struggle to answer now.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I'd say that a Harper majority would mean more disdain and contempt for the people of Canada.

I think you are exactly right on this point. We should remember that what we have seen so far is muzzled by the fact that his government could fall at anytime with a non-confidence vote, which has actually happened over a poison pill budget the opposition would never go along with. They were facing multiple charges ranging from contempt of parliament to the hammer falling on them through a series of scandals.

Imagine if they didn't have to answer to anyone and could pass legislation without consent of the other members of the House. Bad mojo people.

Don't forget that the arrogance of Harper and the Conservatives got them kicked out of UAE just when we're supposed to be bringing the boys back home. Now we get to do that in a more expensive way. Not to mention it will take longer.

If we stopped the war on Cannabis we could release alot of people from prison for charges under the failure called the war on drugs. Plenty of room then for all the violent criminals they say are being released. Instead of building new super max prisons, which they won't even admit the true cost of, why not just get smart about Cannabis and change a few laws that would have nearly the majority of the House and Senate approve of?

Fear factor?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
All this nuttery, makes me want to vote Harper.

I like the path less filled with nutters, always have.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A Harper majority means…

Defund scientific research

I think you are being a little extreme (paranoid perhaps) a few of those things might be good, but I'm sure he won't do them all!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't like a government that treats us as idiots. That's why I wouldn't vote Liberal under Chretien, and I won't vote Conservative this time. Harper had his chance to show his stuff, and he did. To his discredit, in my opinion.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't like a government that treats us as idiots. That's why I wouldn't vote Liberal under Chretien, and I won't vote Conservative this time. Harper had his chance to show his stuff, and he did. To his discredit, in my opinion.

I don't see what is so difficult to understand - THEY ALL treat us like idiots- they are all tarred with the same brush, the best thing that can happen is a Harper minority remains. You really want to pay out a ton in severence, refurbishing 33 Sussex, I could go on for 5 pages. You'd probably have to change 308 troughs so the new bunch wouldn't contract foot and mouth disease.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't see what is so difficult to understand - THEY ALL treat us like idiots- they are all tarred with the same brush, the best thing that can happen is a Harper minority remains. You really want to pay out a ton in severence, refurbishing 33 Sussex, I could go on for 5 pages. You'd probably have to change 308 troughs so the new bunch wouldn't contract foot and mouth disease.

I don't see what is so difficult to understand - you should never vote to re-elect a government. You really don't want to reward a bunch of people who treat you like idiots. At the very least, give a new crop a chance to prove themselves different.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
After the long gun registry is eliminated we can possibly go back to a Liberal government. That will give the Libs time to get a leader.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yup - anyone who isn't in government currently. Pick one, any one.
Hmmm, let me see....

Iggy's libbies, nope, an opportunist, leading a gaggle of partisan hacks. Not to mention the stink of libby corruption, is still fresh in my nose.

Harper, well, what can I say that hasn't already been said.

Jackie, if I vore NDP, I'll get written out of the old mans will. Not to mention the NDP platform repulses me.

The Green's, I think not. I have no need to join the hippy parade and sell our souls so we can pay higher fees for everything because we adopted the carbon trading scheme.

Can I write in Mickey Mouse?

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Hmmm, let me see....

Iggy's libbies, nope, an opportunist, leading a gaggle of partisan hacks. Not to mention the stink of libby corruption, is still fresh in my nose.

Harper, well, what can I say that already hasn't been said.

Jackie, if I vore NDP, I'll get written out of the old mans will. Not to mention the NDP platform repulses me.

The Green's, I think not. I have no need to join the hippy parade and sell our souls so we can pay higher fees for everything because we adopted the carbon trading scheme.

Can I write in Mickey Mouse?

One year I wound up flipping a coin in the voting booth.
Some times it is unfortunate that we have a two party system.