Six Nations Confederacy, exploring treaty breach...

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"restitution of any funds unaccounted for"
Along with a cheque does anybody lose their job and maybe face criminal charges?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The one with the orange background, across from the subscribe now flashing beacon.

lol laying charges that stick would make us rebels in the world.

Might I suggest a tax on anything that has a lock attached to it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The one with the orange background, across from the subscribe now flashing beacon.
Sorry about the confusion, the article that I was referring to on that page, as was mentioned in th etitle of this thread, is in regards to the treaty breach, along the Niagara.

Here, try this link...

http://mostlywater.org/treaty_breach..._niagara_lands

"restitution of any funds unaccounted for"
Along with a cheque does anybody lose their job and maybe face criminal charges?
They don't work there anymore, but if you get the shovel, I'm sure you can dig them up and put them under citizens arrest. But that's a topic for a different thread.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The article below that should mean the seller has to smoke a cigarette with the buyer. Do a test for the 'addiction' and allocate that many cigs per day for that person alone, no test no smokes. Do the test, gets the smokes paid for, price for creating addicts in the first place. Booze has been handled like that in the far northern communities as an attempt to curb boot-legging.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The article below that should mean the seller has to smoke a cigarette with the buyer. Do a test for the 'addiction' and allocate that many cigs per day for that person alone, no test no smokes. Do the test, gets the smokes paid for, price for creating addicts in the first place. Booze has been handled like that in the far northern communities as an attempt to curb boot-legging.

Yes tobacco...I think we should file a class action lawsuit against any and all native groups that introduced whitey to tobacco. Should more than equal the hand outs they want.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The....."or “other compensation as is determined.”" leaves the door open for both sides
to be very disappointed, depending on how the various media outlets run with the story
after its conclusion.
I'd agree, if the MSM didn't just report the affects of the arrival of the MWS, or the OPP.

But that's all that ever gets headlines. While the facts get buried in the details.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

That would really suck with the "open liquor" laws pertaining to the transportation
of the booze after the sale.....unless common sense prevails by law enforcement.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes tobacco...I think we should file a class action lawsuit against any and all native groups that introduced whitey to tobacco.
Please let me know when you file your suit against Sir Walter Raleigh.

Should more than equal the hand outs they want.
You stil don't understand what a contractual obligation is eh. No surprise there.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Here, try this link...
Don't expect it to be over anytime soon, lol. This is potentially bigger than the ones that finally got through the courts just a few years ago. that was 20 years from start to finish, I know of some that have been going on longer than that.

Can you leave potential settlements to 'claims' in a will for your blood relatives, should you die before the claim is paid out?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
He's dead but I'm sure we could track the money.

If Sir Walter Raleigh was acting on behalf of a countries government, and that country is
still in existence....there's the target. Raleigh's being dead would mean little in that case.

Clergy (deceased) are sued regularily (from how I currently understand things), and the
government pays, as they had been acting on behalf of that goverment, as in the
residential schools issues here in Canada and elsewhere.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If Sir Walter Raleigh was acting on behalf of a countries government, and that country is
still in existence....there's the target. Raleigh's being dead would mean little in that case.

Clergy (deceased) are sued regularily (from how I currently understand things), and the
government pays, as they had been acting on behalf of that goverment, as in the
residential schools issues here in Canada and elsewhere.

Thats because the government was complicit in the operation of the schools so shares a joint responsibility. Some of those convicted of molesting kids in residential schools were government employees as well.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Has there ever been a treaty with indigenous people that the government has not violated?

The article that came up in the first link brought up another question that has bugged me. Many, if not most, indigenous nations were matriarchal but the Europeans could not accept that concept and refused to negotiate with women. I find it hard to think that the women would hand over their authority to men in negotiations concerning land in their trust. To me it seems that all treaties are null and void because the men had no right to sign away the legacy of the nation, at least for those people who were matriarchal. This would be an interesting case for international law, although Canada ignores international law, especially when the courts rules that they are in violation of human rights concerning our indigenous peoples.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Has there ever been a treaty with indigenous people that the government has not violated?
There are actually some Cliffy. Off the top of my head, I can't say how many, or which ones, but some have been honoured explicitly.

The article that came up in the first link brought up another question that has bugged me. Many, if not most, indigenous nations were matriarchal but the Europeans could not accept that concept and refused to negotiate with women. I find it hard to think that the women would hand over their authority to men in negotiations concerning land in their trust. To me it seems that all treaties are null and void because the men had no right to sign away the legacy of the nation, at least for those people who were matriarchal. This would be an interesting case for international law, although Canada ignores international law, especially when the courts rules that they are in violation of human rights concerning our indigenous peoples.
Cliffy, it's an old story between a chief and a gov't official...

An old Indian Chief sat in his hut on the reservation, smoking a Ceremonial pipe and eyeing two U.S. Government officials sent to interview him.

"Chief Two Eagles" asked one Official, "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances.You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The Official continued, "Considering all these events, in your opinion,where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the Government Officials for over a minute and then calmly replied, "When white man found the land, Indians were running it."

"No taxes."
"No debt."
"Plenty buffalo."
"Plenty beaver."
"Women did all the work."
"Medicine man free."
"Indian man spent all day hunting and fishing."
"All night having sex."

Then the Chief leaned back and smiled, "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."