Idiocracy

polaris

Nominee Member
Jan 7, 2011
Progressive politics of the left is argued from fact, science, a historical context. Politics of the right is argued from the heart, the pulpit, emotions. We are simple beings ruled by fears, needs, biology, debt, and the need to feed our selves and our families this week.

Conservatives want to feed at the corporate party for awhile longer. The Greens warn that we are in danger of global collapse. Between them lie the Liberals and the NDP.

A recent CBC interview shows corroberating studies showing that 70%+ elections are decided on physical appearances alone. A blind test showed average people choosing from 4 unknown photos the winner of elections, even in foreign countries. Children in kindergarten were given the same test and asked who they would chose to be the captain of a lifeboat they were in....the results....up to 85% accuracy in predicting election results.

Determining characteristics were, male, a strong chin and no beady eyes. So...who do we have...Harper looks like the Pillsbury dough-boy. Ignatieff a cross between a thug and one of the three stooges. They both have beady eyes. Jack looks good except for the annoying little moustache and he comes with the worry that even though the paintwork looks good the hull may be unsound..

Each of the parties has their core of self-interested voters and it will be the 20-30% "undecided' voters who determine the captaincy. A very small shift makes a very large difference.

Voting in a "Demockracy" is sort of like having sex. It's being an adult...making a choice and a commitment, even though you may want to wipe yourself off after. Really we don't get enough of it. Personally I would like to participate in the decision making process almost every day...on many different issues facing me, my family , my country and my planet. Neither the Liberals nor the Conservatives are addressing the biggest issues.

I have been a Green for 30+ years but this time I will vote NDP. Let's put Jack at the helm of a minority coalition...The House will vote non-confidence if he gets too weird and given his condition he couldn't be around for too long anyway.

Here in BC., let's get Elizabeth May a voice for the Greens in Ottawa.

If the prerequisite for a seat at the leaders debate were having to run a candidate in every riding in the country....I think a more legitimate determination....the Greens would be in and the Block would be out.

Judging by most of the comments and postings at this website and coming off the TV following the campaign I become more convinced the recent study was in fact correct...we are becoming an IDIOCRACY.

polaris

Nominee Member
Jan 7, 2011
Progressive politics of the left is argued from fact, science, a historical context. Politics of the right is argued from the heart, the pulpit, emotions. We are simple beings ruled by fears, needs, biology, debt, and the need to feed our selves and our families this week.

Conservatives want to feed at the corporate party for awhile longer. The Greens warn that we are in danger of global collapse. Between them lie the Liberals and the NDP.

A recent CBC interview shows corroberating studies showing that 70%+ elections are decided on physical appearances alone. A blind test showed average people choosing from 4 unknown photos the winner of elections, even in foreign countries. Children in kindergarten were given the same test and asked who they would chose to be the captain of a lifeboat they were in....the results....up to 85% accuracy in predicting election results.

Determining characteristics were, male, a strong chin and no beady eyes. So...who do we have...Harper looks like the Pillsbury dough-boy. Ignatieff a cross between a thug and one of the three stooges. They both have beady eyes. Jack looks good except for the annoying little moustache and he comes with the worry that even though the paintwork looks good the hull may be unsound..

Each of the parties has their core of self-interested voters and it will be the 20-30% "undecided' voters who determine the captaincy. A very small shift makes a very large difference.

Voting in a "Demockracy" is sort of like having sex. It's being an adult...making a choice and a commitment, even though you may want to wipe yourself off after. Really we don't get enough of it. Personally I would like to participate in the decision making process almost every day...on many different issues facing me, my family , my country and my planet. Neither the Liberals nor the Conservatives are addressing the biggest issues.

I have been a Green for 30+ years but this time I will vote NDP. Let's put Jack at the helm of a minority coalition...The House will vote non-confidence if he gets too weird and given his condition he couldn't be around for too long anyway.

Here in BC., let's get Elizabeth May a voice for the Greens in Ottawa.

If the prerequisite for a seat at the leaders debate were having to run a candidate in every riding in the country....I think a more legitimate determination....the Greens would be in and the Block would be out.

Judging by most of the comments and postings at this website and coming off the TV following the campaign I become more convinced the recent study was in fact correct...we are becoming an IDIOCRACY.
Has anyone seen a Conservative at an all candidates meeting?

Driving through neighborhoods in my town I see all sorts of signs for candidates but very weird no lawn signs for Conservatives...lots of great big ones on boulevards and highways....

Could it be Conservative voters are ashamed, secretive, like Harper? Maybe they don't want to be targets?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

It's funny how those on the right see it exactly the opposite way. I got news for you. You don't hold the patent on fact, science, a historical context.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Driving through neighborhoods in my town I see all sorts of signs for candidates but very weird no lawn signs for Conservatives...lots of great big ones on boulevards and highways....

Could it be Conservative voters are ashamed, secretive, like Harper? Maybe they don't want to be targets?

I guess that would depend on your neighborhood. The only lawn sign I can see from my house is across the street, and it's a Conservative sign.

Could it be that you are simply so focussed on your own bias that you can't see reason?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

I work out'a town, with no radio (except satalite), and no TV (except a few minutes of
TorontoAM...I mean CanadaAM each morning on the satalite), no cell or internet
coverage ( in a pit in a valley in the middle of nowhere), and have missed
almost all the election stuff, except what I see on the Forum.

I got home yesterday to see that my neighbour has a Conservative lawn sign. It's
4'x8', so it's hard to miss. At this point, I can only see the back of it, so I can't even
tell you who's name is on the sign.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I work out'a town, with no radio (except satalite), and no TV (except a few minutes of

I got home yesterday to see that my neighbour has a Conservative lawn sign. It's
4'x8', so it's hard to miss. At this point, I can only see the back of it, so I can't even

Put up a big 'NOT' sign on your lawn.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Could it also be that the Conservative Party has chosen alternative ways to get their message out? Lawn signs may not make any difference to the under 50 crowd (I know they have no affect on me) and the over 50 crowd is probably set in their ways. There are much more cost effective ways to target younger voters (oops, I said target...I hope nobody thinks I'm promoting violence)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I miss the disconnected life sometimes. Someone once said I was bull****ting when I stated I read over 100 books in a year.

Is it plastic 4x8 sign or can you beetle off with a good sheet of plywood in three weeks?

polaris

Nominee Member
Jan 7, 2011
It's funny how those on the right see it exactly the opposite way. I got news for you. You don't hold the patent on fact, science, a historical context.
Which side of the political spectrum stood behind climate change deniers?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Which side of the political spectrum stood behind climate change deniers?

I don't know if it breaks down quite that nicely. Huffington Post generally is considered somewhat lefty, and they have plenty of anti-vaccine pseudoscientific crap posted there.

jgarden

Mar 29, 2011
All political candidates should be required to wear a bag over their heads, like a "Leaf's game" or the "Elephant Man!"

Then the Canadian public/"children in kindergarten" would be forced to find some other "insightful" criteria on which to base a decision.