So If Harper Wins A Majority...

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
He tells Perter Mansbridge that he will not address the Abortion question. Does that mean that he will leave that to his Health Minister to address as they change the law to make abortion illegal?

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
He tells Perter Mansbridge that he will not address the Abortion question. Does that mean that he will leave that to his Health Minister to address as they change the law to make abortion illegal?
Maybe he will leave that issue to provinces to decide, to be realistic abortion is here to stay because wrong as it is there's more pressing issues in the World right now, sure politicians will run on it but they ultimately will do nothing about it..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Harper may want to ban abortion and gay marriage but the courts will rule him out of order. He may be evil but not stupid. He values his own grandiose image of grand high leader more than his convictions. He knows to push his views would be political suicide.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Harper has no interest opening the abortion debate.

Why would he?

Personally, I think we could find some sort of a middle road on the issue, as we are one of the most radical nations on earth with absolutely no abortion law.......

But, be that as it may, it OBVIOUSLY will not be any part of a Conservative government's agenda.

and insinuating that it WILL be is simply ridiculous, and not very honest of you.........

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Harper has no interest opening the abortion debate.

Why would he?

Personally, I think we could find some sort of a middle road on the issue, as we are one of the most radical nations on earth with absolutely no abortion law.......

But, be that as it may, it OBVIOUSLY will not be any part of a Conservative government's agenda.

and insinuating that it WILL be is simply ridiculous, and not very honest of you.........

That's right Unf, only con supporters are allowed to fear monger.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Harper may want to ban abortion and gay marriage but the courts will rule him out of order. He may be evil but not stupid. He values his own grandiose image of grand high leader more than his convictions. He knows to push his views would be political suicide.

Bull****, in every way possible.

First of all, Harper has absolutely NO intention of opening either debate, as neither would help the Conservatives in any future election. They are, for better or worse, :) decided issues.

In addition, the SCOC has ruled that the abortion law that required the approval of a board of doctors was uncconstitutional......it did NOT find that there could not be a legal and moderate abortion law.

The same goes for gay marriage. The SCOC did NOT rule out a law that made marriage an exclusively male-female thing, it ruled that the law that existed at the time was unconstitutional.

Harper is far from evil. To smear him with that label is to belittle the existence of truly evil people in power.....I have news for you, your ideals are NOT the ruler by which evil or good is measured. (insert rolled eyes here)

That's right Unf, only con supporters are allowed to fear monger.

Ahhh...Gerry comes out, looking for a fight!

:)

Here I is!

Exactly what fear-mongering????

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The cons are terrified of Iggy's eye brows and that Jack has more personality than all the cons put together.

Attack ads are fear mongering. Perhaps you should take a look at your fearless leader without your rose coloured glasses on once in a while. From my perspective, Harper is a really nasty piece of work and giving him a majority would be a grave mistake.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
coalition

A coalition that includes in any way the BQ would be a disaster.....

BUT

It is fear mongering now, I actually agree.

Since the Count counted his chances and discounted the coalition, you can count me out on any discussion of the coalition.

I'll take him at his word.

If he lies, and enters into a deal with the BQ, there will be a pitchfork rebellion in this country.

Count on it.

That is good enough for me.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The cons are terrified of Iggy's eye brows and that Jack has more personality than all the cons put together.

Attack ads are fear mongering. Perhaps you should take a look at your fearless leader without your rose coloured glasses on once in a while. From my perspective, Harper is a really nasty piece of work and giving him a majority would be a grave mistake.

Attack ads are sometimes simply the truth.....

And it is SUCH as shame Jack doesn't have a brain to go along with all that personality.... :)

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Bull****, in every way possible.

A Harpo majority would be bull****, we agree...

First of all, Harper has absolutely NO intention of opening either debate, as neither would help the Conservatives in any future election. They are, for better or worse, :) decided issues.
Has has no skills to actually debate at all, we agree again...

In addition, the SCOC has ruled that the abortion law that required the approval of a board of doctors was uncconstitutional......it did NOT find that there could not be a legal and moderate abortion law.
Does the issue always make you stutter?

The same goes for gay marriage. The SCOC did NOT rule out a law that made marriage an exclusively male-female thing, it ruled that the law that existed at the time was unconstitutional.
So you and your boyfriend are ok for now....

Harper is far from evil. To smear him with that label is to belittle the existence of truly evil people in power.....I have news for you, your ideals are NOT the ruler by which evil or good is measured.
Even evil people don't want to be associated with him, more agreement....

Glad to find we have so much in common...BTW you need to get a lot more hard line, Avro was making some comments earlier that make you look like a warm& fuzzy Liberal. :lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
A Harpo majority would be bull****, we agree...

Has has no skills to actually debate at all, we agree again...

Does the issue always make you stutter?

So you and your boyfriend are ok for now....

Even evil people don't want to be associated with him, more agreement....

Glad to find we have so much in common...BTW you need to get a lot more hard line, Avro was making some comments earlier that make you look like a warm& fuzzy Liberal. :lol:

My my my, I must thank you for that informative and well thought out response!

That's what I LOVE about this place; the quality of the debate, the overwhelming importance of the issues raised, the ability of all involved to rise to the occasion and put their best intellectual effort into reasoned, significant, rational discussion of the issues at hand.

Thank you.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

That's what I LOVE about this place; the quality of the debate, the overwhelming importance of the issues raised, the ability of all involved to rise to the occasion and put their best intellectual effort into reasoned, significant, rational discussion of the issues at hand.

Thank you.

As much as we are at opposing sides of the political spectrum............ fu ck man, I LIKE you.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Thank you.

You are most welcome! I have just had a bad day and couldn't help myself. You know I love you man.

What a well written slam by the way, my compliments.