How do you see Christy Clark - the new premier in British Columbia?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Is she a breath of fresh air for a reeling Liberal party or just more of the "same old same old" mostly overhelmed with her own perceived levels of intelligence and importance?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Is she a breath of fresh air for a reeling Liberal party or just more of the "same old same old" mostly overhelmed with her own perceived levels of intelligence and importance?
From what little I saw of her when she was finance minister, I'ld say that she will just continue to sell off the province's heritage to the lowest bidder, just like Gordo did. She is just an accountant who can only see the bottom line, but she looks a lot better than Gordo. I think the Social Discredit masquerading in Liberal clothing have done enough damage for now. We need a change, just like the NDP need a new leader.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
More of the same, JLM. I wasn't impressed when she was in cabinet and since she won the leadership, she seems to be way overreaching herself - the 'eliminating' poverty thing really got me laughing. Nice sentiment but let's be reasonable.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
More of the same, JLM. I wasn't impressed when she was in cabinet and since she won the leadership, she seems to be way overreaching herself - the 'eliminating' poverty thing really got me laughing. Nice sentiment but let's be reasonable.
The last thing the ruling elite want is to eliminate poverty. They are busy dumbing down the population because they found that well educated people don't buy into their BS. Like Big Pharma, the ruling elite just want to keep the masses alive enough to consume their crap but dopey enough to not realize they're being used.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
She will be just another pawn in a long line tied to big business and the rich to do their bidding and pilliage the poor.

Not to worry too much though, another 10 to 20 years and the oil will be gone, food will become a scarce and rare commodity, and the whole financial & corporate sytem will collapse forever. Then the rich will be just as poor as the rest of us but without the skills to survive in the new world.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Ummm?

Meow?

No, definitely, meow. You know, in a none sexist, none misogynistic way.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
She's got that over-enthusiastic mom vibe. "Play date with Ontario? Well, let's see, we got a play date with Alberta on Saturday, soccer on Sunday, dance on Monday..."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The last thing the ruling elite want is to eliminate poverty. They are busy dumbing down the population because they found that well educated people don't buy into their BS. Like Big Pharma, the ruling elite just want to keep the masses alive enough to consume their crap but dopey enough to not realize they're being used.

One thing about you, Cliff, you do have a way of demonstrating the truth. :smile:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Ummm?

Meow?

No, definitely, meow. You know, in a none sexist, none misogynistic way.

Yes being a political animal myself I googled a couple photos and thought Id offer my perspective.

This photo makes me think.What the hell was thick broad drinking? Will she end up being clingy? Will she steal my beer?

This one also makes me think. This woman as an issue with alcohol, but on the plus side, look how expertly she grips that microphone.

The microphone and her attentiveness certainly does make me overlook her issue with alcohol. The one below conjures up all sorts of thoughts.

All in all she does have a cute side, but the question still remains.

Can she make a descent sandwich.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You got to wonder where people's heads are really at! After all the howling and screaming about the H.S.T. I heard on the news yesterday that now only 54% of the electorate are against it. I guess the idiot electorate gets the idiot politician they deserve. :lol:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
You got to wonder where people's heads are really at! After all the howling and screaming about the H.S.T. I heard on the news yesterday that now only 54% of the electorate are against it. I guess the idiot electorate gets the idiot politician they deserve. :lol:

that is always the way it is, and with every change of leadership, same thing happens, the voters
just don't see what they are doing, just playing musical chairs, forget the old b.s., and latch onto
new b.s.

whatever happened to the result of our vote for the HST to be abolished, I know here in the valley
it was overwhelming to reverse it, then - NOTHING.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It is a bit of a 'bait & switch'. Trying to put a fresh new face on old ideas.

As far as I know there is going to be a referendum on the HST during the next election.