Feds spent 620k in last 4 years on alcohol alone!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Feds spent over $620,000 in booze in last four years | Canada | News | Ottawa Sun

Insane!

And to boot, I'm a teetotaler. I do what I can to stay healthy, and what does the federal government do? Spend 620,00$ in the last 4 years alone on alcohol! The military was the biggest culprit, and this after I'd read a few weeks ago that the military was suffering from weight gain. Hmmm... well, that explains it!

So, should the provinces sue the federal government for so undermining our health-care systems? Of course it would be pointless seeing that we are the government. But it would still be worth suing even if just to make the point. While some Canadians choose to go without alcohol for health reasons, the last thing we want to to then find out that whether we drink it or not, we'll still pay for it so someone else can drink it?

Shouldn't there be a total ban on taxpayer money going towards alcohol except for medical purposes?

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
I'm a teetoler as well.

But this is not a big deal,
over four years this amounts to the salary of an overpaid Commissar.

Providing the liquor isn't drunk the value increases but there's not much value coming out of certain jobs in Ottawa.