Canadian Human Rights Commission

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Tell me, did I read this correctly? Why would any people just give away their rights to minority anything.

The Canadian Human Rights Commission is a perfect example of something that shouldn’t be allowed to exist in a free society. Its primary function is to provide liberals with power they cannot legitimately wield. Dressed up as a part of the legal system, the Canadian Human Rights Commission operates completely outside of natural law, yet it has the power to impose its decisions upon Canadians (as individuals and as a people) as if its decisions were legislatively empowered. Every one of their decisions effectively ‘writes law’ as potent as legitimate laws passed in the House of Commons.

http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/default-eng.aspx

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Dressed up as a part of the legal system, the Canadian Human Rights Commission operates completely outside of natural law, yet it has the power to impose its decisions upon Canadians (as individuals and as a people) as if its decisions were legislatively empowered.

Is there any part of any government that operates according to 'natural law'?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Tell me, did I read this correctly? Why would any people just give away their rights to minority anything.

The Canadian Human Rights Commission is a perfect example of something that shouldn’t be allowed to exist in a free society. Its primary function is to provide liberals with power they cannot legitimately wield. Dressed up as a part of the legal system, the Canadian Human Rights Commission operates completely outside of natural law, yet it has the power to impose its decisions upon Canadians (as individuals and as a people) as if its decisions were legislatively empowered. Every one of their decisions effectively ‘writes law’ as potent as legitimate laws passed in the House of Commons.

http://www.chrc-ccdp.ca/default-eng.aspx

The patriot act. Touche

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The Canadian Human Rights Commission exercises its functions as prescribed by, and pursuant to, enabling legislation passed by the Parliament of Canada. Consistent with fundamental Canadian values, the Canadian Human Rights Commission ensures that the rights of Canadians are protected. Parliament is the supreme authority in Canada, and it retains the right at any time to change the mandate of the Commission; at the moment, it would seem that the institution as it is currently formed is up to snuff, according to our elected representatives in the House of Commons.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The Canadian Human Rights Commission exercises its functions as prescribed by, and pursuant to, enabling legislation passed by the Parliament of Canada. Consistent with fundamental Canadian values, the Canadian Human Rights Commission ensures that the rights of Canadians are protected. Parliament is the supreme authority in Canada, and it retains the right at any time to change the mandate of the Commission; at the moment, it would seem that the institution as it is currently formed is up to snuff, according to our elected representatives in the House of Commons.

Excuse me Five...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RALPH!

Ever hear of Richard Warman, Jennifer Lynch, Stephen Boissant, Ezra Levant, Mark Steyn.......

Section 13, (which I believe has NO place in the criminal code of a free country) was upheld by the Supreme Court, BUT this is part of the majority decision....

In sum, the language employed in s. 13(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act extends only to that expression giving rise to the evil sought to be eradicated and provides a standard of conduct sufficiently precise to prevent the unacceptable chilling of expressive activity. Moreover, as long as the Human Rights Tribunal continues to be well aware of the purpose of s. 13(1) and pays heed to the ardent and extreme nature of feeling described in the phrase "hatred or contempt", there is little danger that subjective opinion as to offensiveness will supplant the proper meaning of the section.
So, HRCs and HRTs, both in the federal and provincial arenas, have proceeded to persecute anyone that does not agree with their ivory-tower lefty view of the world. Indeed, several HRC employees engages in pirating a wireless internet connection and then engaging in the worst possible hate-mongering on far-right websites.....

Not only that, MOST of the cases dragged before the HRC have been taken there by Richard Warman......who is an ex-employee, has been awarded tens of thousands of dollars, after he was actually permitted access to HRC computers to influence cases he was involved in....

HRC are Kafkaesque kangaroo courts that have no place in a free society.

the HRC bureaucracy is corrupt, unfair, and dangerous.....to say nothing of cowardly (ever hear of a Section 13 complaint carried forward on a Muslim????. No, neither have I)

The Section, and the bureaucracy, need to go.

http://www.steynonline.com/content/view/2411/128/

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Yeah well it sucks to have someone who is big enough and has lawyers and experts that can stand up to a lengthy court case against those corporations who would take advantage. Poor poor multinational corporations.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
It is nice and glum to be a Liberal but the Human Rights Commission was one of those political bribes by the Trudeau administration. We don't know how much the 8 individual commissioners are paid but we can suspect it is anywhere between $200,000 and $500,000 a year and for a job that probably consists of typing up a 10 page paper (which any undergraduate student can do) diversity report and investigating a hundred people in a country of 30 million...

Just like the 200 "Staff" of the Human Rights Commission, no doubt falling under minority status themselves and most are probably underqualified for their job, are all paid $60,000 a year with pensions indexed to inflation.

And people wonder why our countries are spiraling into debt!

I think it's fair to dislike the Human Rights Commission and doing so doesn't make you right wing, you'll plenty of left wing pundits who want it axed as well. Like I said, one of those Bureaucracies which have evolved a life of its own and it's entire susistence is based on finding "hate mongerings" and they'll find them where none exist, i.e. Sally the Soccer Mom who sent a slightly racist email to a friend.