Officer Bubbles

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hamilton man stands up to ?Officer Bubbles? over comments - thestar.com

Hamilton man stands up to ‘Officer Bubbles’ over comments

Todd Mara of Hamilton is one of 24 people being sued for commenting on YouTube cartoons of the now-infamous Officer Bubbles video.
GLENN LOWSON

In the YouTube world, he’s known as “Pussymcfats” and until he found a $1.2 million lawsuit waiting for him in his inbox, Toronto Police Const. Adam Josephs was known to him only as Officer Bubbles.
Josephs wants YouTube to unveil his real name, along with those of the 23 other John Does who made comments on a series of allegedly defamatory cartoon videos. But Pussymcfats maintains that what he wrote online was fair, and he’s ready to remove the cloak of anonymity.
Const. Josephs meet Todd Mara. He doesn’t use Facebook but here are the basics: Age: 33. Current city: Hamilton. Status: Married. Children: 2.
Mara saw the notorious viral video that gave Josephs his nickname when the officer threatened to arrest a G20 protester for blowing bubbles. He also watched a series of cartoons that depict an officer named “A. Josephs” engaging in various abuses of authority.
In one cartoon, the officer threatens to arrest a young woman dancing on the street for disturbing the peace, and later arrests her for assault after telling her, “I am touched by your expression of love.”
Pussymcfats wrote in response, “officer bubbles probably looks at himself in the mirror a lot.”
Mara said he “forgot about Officer Bubbles” and the comment. He hasn’t used his YouTube account for months.
“Now all of a sudden, Officer Bubbles is back in my life. I never asked for this,” Mara said. “I don’t know why this guy wants to draw more attention to himself. I can’t figure it out. It’s ridiculous.”
The looming lawsuit is a headache, but Mara has no regrets.
“I mentioned, according to what I saw in the video, that he’s an egomaniac,” Mara said. “I stand by what I did. I thought he was out of line.”
In his statement of claim, Josephs suggests the cartoons and comments are “false and devastatingly defamatory” for implying that he is a narcissist, among other things.

Full article at link

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Like the vast majority of the "charges" laid by the police that weekend, this will be a lot of chest thumping right up until court when Officer Bubbles asks for a settlement. All of this he brought upon himself. He's a laughing stock, known world wide now all because of his "big tough cop" bullying of a little girl. This isn't what a cop is supposed to be. Toronto Police Service should be ashamed that this is what is representing them in the field.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Like the vast majority of the "charges" laid by the police that weekend, this will be a lot of chest thumping right up until court when Officer Bubbles asks for a settlement. All of this he brought upon himself. He's a laughing stock, known world wide now all because of his "big tough cop" bullying of a little girl. This isn't what a cop is supposed to be. Toronto Police Service should be ashamed that this is what is representing them in the field.

Be careful or you might get Bubbles after you too...... oh crap, now that I mentioned "Bubbles" he'll probably come after me now too.

"C'mere you little frigger, me and my kitties are gonna f*beep* you up!"

*pulls out nunchucks*