Election day for Alberta Municipal Govts

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Today is the Election day for Municipal Govts.

Get out there and vote! (unless you're American)

You have an obligation to vote and it's a duty of ours.

So vote, and if you don't vote, don't whine if things don't go your way.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Yeah, what voting are you talking about?

There was that thing in New Brunswick but that's all done and over with.

But in relation to the comment: "You can't complain if you don't vote" I always found a tad baseless and just a political spin comment with no meaning.

I didn't vote for a number of years and still complained and voiced myself..... some came back and said the above to me, in that I had no right to complain if I didn't vote.

Well a few years later I took interest and decided to vote. I voted.... a number of times now..... and guess what?

Nothing changed, everything is exactly the same, if not, worse then before...... and I'm still complaining and voicing myself as I did before I began to vote.

You want to know what I noticed?

That when I wasn't voting but still complained was exactly the same as now when I vote and still complain.......

..... THAT COMPLAINING AND VOTING STILL AMOUNTS TO NOTHING BECAUSE THOSE IN POWER DON'T LISTEN OR GIVE A DAMN!

That my views before I voted remain the exact same as now.... that about the same amount of people actually listen to my complaining now as the amount that actually listened before I voted.

That in either case, nothing made any difference.

That even though I started voting, even more and more people in this country are no longer voting.

That no matter how much I complain, no matter how much I vote and no matter how often I vote, the end result in each election will always be the same outcome.

Either the Liberals will win or the Conservatives will win..... which means nothing changes.

So all the above kind of begs the question:

Why bother voting if nothing is ever going to change and nobody ever listens to you?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
you GUYS?!?!

October 18th 2010 is Municipal Election Day! Cities all over Canada are voting for mayors and councillor members.

oh my.. my apologies.

Alberta is voting for Municipal.. oops.. sorry for all those NON-Albertans.