Stereotypes....

jathu_v

Apr 19, 2010
Made a video the other day about a hysterical discovery I made on Google.

YouTube - Why are Americans...

I tried the same thing except with "Why are Canadians...." and it only suggested good stuff about us.

Is this how the rest of the world really views Americans? If so, glad I'm Canadian lol

And would you consider this to be ironic, considering Google is an American Corporation

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Well this has been done to death and iGoogle is as useful as Twitter. Remember, Twitter is for tweets by twats. Maybe you could come back and explain your agenda for posting something so boring.

jathu_v

Apr 19, 2010
well I dont know what google you guys are using but I get suggestions like "why are Canadians so nice, polite, funny, friendly, proud of their country".....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Google.ca says

Why are Canadians...

....so rude
....so stupid
....so weird

Keep in mind too, if you have a Canadian IP, google defaults to google.ca, so it is autosuggesting based on what Canadians type in. It isn't giving you a reflection on what 'the world' thinks of us, or the US, it's giving us a reflection of what Canadians google. And frankly, I don't think they need to worry too much about someone with such limited intelligence that they would actually web search ridiculous phrases like those as their source of information. lol.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
I can't view links to videos on the message board because I'm on a mobile device. But I'm curious. Is there another way to find it? Like search a specific term in Google videos?

jathu_v

Apr 19, 2010
Google.ca says

Why are Canadians...

....so rude
....so stupid
....so weird

Keep in mind too, if you have a Canadian IP, google defaults to google.ca, so it is autosuggesting based on what Canadians type in. It isn't giving you a reflection on what 'the world' thinks of us, or the US, it's giving us a reflection of what Canadians google. And frankly, I don't think they need to worry too much about someone with such limited intelligence that they would actually web search ridiculous phrases like those as their source of information. lol.

Well relative to searches about Americans, Canadians receive much more positive suggests....and why are you implying that I have limited intelligence?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I can't view links to videos on the message board because I'm on a mobile device. But I'm curious. Is there another way to find it? Like search a specific term in Google videos?
Save links and view them when you are using something that can display them.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well relative to searches about Americans, Canadians receive much more positive suggests....and why are you implying that I have limited intelligence?

Well yeah, Canadians are the ones doing the searches, of course they're not asking why they're stupid.

And I said that the search suggestions come from people with limited intelligence. If someone is Googling 'why are americans so stupid', they're not the brightest bulb in the box.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Everyone here has 10 minutes to name all 192 members of the United Nations. Spelling counts, and it's usually official short form names. But there are a couple that use the long form names. Do it, and post your score after the first try. Ready... Go...

192 UN recognized states in 10 minutes

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
It's all about what is 'trending'. It is an unintelligent algorithm that shows popular searches that are related to the words you are starting to type. Really dumb. Like those text things that try to finish your sentence on your phone then you have to type the entire thing anyways cuz it never knows what you want so you shut it off and think why didn't the programmers use there time more wisely and make something useful? Just sign up on Twitter and click the 'trending' thingy and see how much brain dead garbage comes your way.
Of course the info is quit useful to another unintelligent algorithm that is employed by the retail and other industries. Of course I guess I just let the cat out of the bag.
iGoogle and Twitter and facebook, and you name the social networking site users are working for that unintelligent algorithm installed by retail and other industries. Enjoy your free sites. BTW, info is harvested from this site too except CC is not really designed to make the info easily salable the way Twitter, mySpace, facebook etc have been.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
:bootyshake:

I certainly could not do it. I cannot type that fast, not to mention that my keyboarding is so bad I can't type three words without hitting the wrong key. It does not mean that I do not know where Bhutan, Burkina Faso, and Andorra are, however.