How to handle of corruption allegations.....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Occasionally, Mr. Harper reminds me why I vote Conservative....

Prime Minister Stephen Harper has asked former cabinet minister Helena Guergis to sit outside the Conservative caucus while the RCMP investigates "serious" allegations over her conduct.
In an email sent Friday before the prime minister held a news conference in Ottawa, Guergis announced she had resigned as minister of state for the status of women, ending her tumultuous tenure in Harper's cabinet.
Harper said he learned of the allegations against Guergis on Thursday night and immediately referred them to the Mounties, as well as the commissioners for ethics and conflict of interest. In the meantime, he has asked Public Works Minister Rona Ambrose to assume Guergis's cabinet responsibilities.

CBC News - Politics - Guergis faces RCMP probe

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well Ms Ambrose may not have the most respected history in cabinet or be everyone's first choice as a minister but Harper did do the right thing in removing Ms Guergis.
What? Accept her resignation? That took guts...:-|

If he sh!t canned her ass, I'd buy it. As it stands, she knew she was heading for a sh!t storm and bailed.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What? Accept her resignation? That took guts...:-|

If he sh!t canned her ass, I'd buy it. As it stands, she knew she was heading for a sh!t storm and bailed.

You must be reading a different article than me, Bear. As I read it, Harper found out, and turfed her.....accepting her resignation from cabinet, and booting her out of caucus.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You must be reading a different article than me, Bear. As I read it, Harper found out, and turfed her.....accepting her resignation from cabinet, and booting her out of caucus.
First paragraph in your link...

In an email sent Friday before the prime minister held a news conference in Ottawa, Guergis announced she had resigned as minister of state for the status of women, ending her tumultuous tenure in Harper's cabinet.
That's not turfed, that's shuffled. After she resigned.

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Same old, same old, with the new Conservatives! A Friday announcement with no details, and with an excuse to remain mute by crying "police investigation!"

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Same old, same old, with the new Conservatives! A Friday announcement with no details, and with an excuse to remain mute by crying "police investigation!"
Are you even remotely capable of thinking outside an ideology?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'll agree with spade up to this point.....yup...same ol same ol..... BUT...... doesn't matter who is in power.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

HARDLY!

Chretien would have denied all knowledge while appointing her to an ambassadorship in a small Scandinavian country, and, if caught out, would have given the Trudeau shrug "Eh, what's a few million, eh????"

If he didn't send the RCMP on a witch hunt to put off the investigation.

And he was the most popular PM we ever had.....why, I don't know.

Most definitely NOT the same attitude.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

I doubt she was shuffled.....as she is technically not even a Conservative MP anymore.............as Harper booted her.......
Ya, I read that article in your OP. It says she's still holding her position as MP for Grey Simcoe.

Might I add, I completely disagree with your views on this subject, including your faith and devotion to the CPoC. But because you use reason and leave out the smug stupidity that others love so much, you don't get anything remotely resembling it in return. Just in case some of the local asshats were wondering why they get nothing but abuse from me, while others get nothing but my respect, even when our views are diametrically opposed.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
HARDLY!

Chretien would have denied all knowledge while appointing her to an ambassadorship in a small Scandinavian country, and, if caught out, would have given the Trudeau shrug "Eh, what's a few million, eh????"

If he didn't send the RCMP on a witch hunt to put off the investigation.

And he was the most popular PM we ever had.....why, I don't know.

Most definitely NOT the same attitude.
My point exactly, since the aligations didn't arise until Thursday. His actions, which are purely window dressing, were fairly swift for a fed...:cool:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Yep, you said so, therefore it must be true. You've been sniveling around under SJP's skirt to long.

Bear - Not and never Spade - It was predicted by Don Martin in the Nat Post earlier this week - But Libs would never read the Post - Spade would - Friday - late - little news impact - Bye Bye Witchy Poo - Calling PEI a hell hole - No taste at all -