Respect America

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Canadians will not be thought as American drop-outs. We will continue to be Americans and recognize our nationality and are prepared to fight for it back if required.

Too many Canadians are American drop-outs. Since when did we loose our nationality to the U.S.? We need to respect ourselves a lot more if we are going to be in America for the long haul and that is to keep our American nationality. As a Canadian I am a proud American and I am not dropping out like most of Americans in America.

So let's have a little more respect for ourselves as Americans eh? We do not give up too easily eh!

Regards..

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Well, I was born in Canada and I can only speak for myself on this one. I frankly don't get it - the America-bashing that goes on just doesn't add up. Some of the ravings are positively maniacal, but they do provide a bit of entertainment value, if nothing else.

I sense there is some frustration on the part of some Canadians (the vast minority, I think) with certain things done by the U.S., but I also suspect there is a tinge of jealousy in there somewhere.

I have a relative who is fond of bashing the States (he watches a bit too much CBC news) and he and his wife just got back from their annual vacation. Where did they go? Uh, Hawaii and San Diego, 3 weeks in total. And lots of the bitchers and whiners end up in Las Vegas for a bit of entertainment & gambling, take their kids to Disneyland or Disneyworld, and so on. A wee bit two-faced, eh?

Rest assured, there are far, far more Canadians that appreciate the U.S. as our neighbor (and long time protector, in fact) than there are people who express anger and rage about America. Perhaps they need to get out more.

Just wanted to get that out here...who knows? It might even motivate some of those from "the dark side" to post a dissenting opinion here.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
- the America-bashing that goes on just doesn't add up.

Yes. Bashing America is bashing Canada. We as Canadians in OUR America will not tollerate it. Also, it is disrespectfull to America as a whole. This has nothing at all to do with our neighbors. America is Canada's #1 responsibility and we must act as responsible Americans.

America as OUR own will be respected by all Canadians, and how we respect OUR America with OUR neighbors is how we will be respected.

Regards..

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Thank You!

I will leave it on a good note:

Our America came with a Maple Leaf flag that nothing compares to except our people in which we are. And nothing compares to our people in which we are except for our America in which we reside. And where we reside in our America is Canada.
And nothing compares to Canada except for OUR America!

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Thank You!

I will leave it on a good note:

Our America came with a Maple Leaf flag that nothing compares to except our people in which we are. And nothing compares to our people in which we are except for our America in which we reside. And where we reside in our America is Canada.
And nothing compares to Canada except for OUR America!

No respect for yankees....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well, I was born in Canada and I can only speak for myself on this one. I frankly don't get it - the America-bashing that goes on just doesn't add up. Some of the ravings are positively maniacal, but they do provide a bit of entertainment value, if nothing else.

I sense there is some frustration on the part of some Canadians (the vast minority, I think) with certain things done by the U.S., but I also suspect there is a tinge of jealousy in there somewhere.

I have a relative who is fond of bashing the States (he watches a bit too much CBC news) and he and his wife just got back from their annual vacation. Where did they go? Uh, Hawaii and San Diego, 3 weeks in total. And lots of the bitchers and whiners end up in Las Vegas for a bit of entertainment & gambling, take their kids to Disneyland or Disneyworld, and so on. A wee bit two-faced, eh?

Rest assured, there are far, far more Canadians that appreciate the U.S. as our neighbor (and long time protector, in fact) than there are people who express anger and rage about America. Perhaps they need to get out more.

Just wanted to get that out here...who knows? It might even motivate some of those from "the dark side" to post a dissenting opinion here.

I guess there are people who hate cake but will still lick the icing off it. :lol:

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
No respect for yankees....

Yes. Respect for the yankees too!

If a Yankee wants to be respected by others as an American in our America he must first respect others as Americans. Only by that, will he compel others to respect him as a fellow American by Americans.

In Canada we respect all people in our America as Americans, even ourselves.

Regards..

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Yes. Respect for the yankees too!

If a Yankee wants to be respected by others as an American in our America he must first respect others as Americans. Only by that, will he compel others to respect him as a fellow American by Americans.

In Canada we respect all people in our America as Americans, even ourselves.

Regards..

Maybe you do, but I don't... :canada:

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
I'm still trying to figure out what he is conquering.

In our world of Canada it is just self-esteem about OUR own America and ourselves as loyal Americans.

We must respect each other as fellow Americans in OUR America in today's Canadian world, as the Government of Canada suggests, "We are in America for the long haul".

So we better get used to the idea of having OUR America being our home and native land for all Canadians to enjoy.

Does this make sense?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
In our world of Canada it is just self-esteem about OUR own America and ourselves as loyal Americans.

We must respect each other as fellow Americans in OUR America in today's Canadian world, as the Government of Canada suggests, "We are in America for the long haul".

So we better get used to the idea of having OUR America being our home and native land for all Canadians to enjoy.

Does this make sense?
It may to you but I think patriotism causes wars. I am a citizen of Planet Earth. I don't believe in imaginary lines or political systems. I view all humans as my brothers and sisters, as I do all living things.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It may to you but I think patriotism causes wars. I am a citizen of Planet Earth. I don't believe in imaginary lines or political systems. I view all humans as my brothers and sisters, as I do all living things.

Right on Cliff, people is people.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
So is this a contest to see how many times you can put america in a sentence ?Like "learn a word a day by using it in every way"
For the record,I fit on the anti side,my opinion and I don't feel I owe anyone an explanation.