Peter Kent Details Canadas Action Plan - "We Will Not Raise Taxes"

Dillon

Feb 10, 2010
“We will not raise taxes,” promises the Hon. Peter Kent, MP for Thornhill in a special interview with Shalom Life, adding that Thornhill and York Region residents will continue to enjoy the progress in infrastructure improvements, securing their positions in the work place and continued efforts to keep the Thornhill area a good place to live in.

As the western countries are still struggling with the recession and following the growing unemployment rate and dwindling economy, Canada is planning to be the leading country to narrow its deficit and move forward on the growth track. Last week’s budget presented a 5 year forecast based on three main goals – securing jobs and creating new ones, continuing to perform the action plan and lowering the deficit.

• Canada will lead the G8 countries to go out of the recession
  • No cuts in Health care or education
  • Cuts in the foreign budget
  • York region will benefit from infrastructure development
Read about his plan at the source: ShalomLife - "We Will Not Raise Taxes"

:canada:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
At this juncture not raising taxes is idiotic.

At the same time, I can see a whole lot of room for cuts.......start by cutting off the $11 million that goes to that foolish "Human Rights" group in Montreal.......and every other grant to NGOs with any political agenda whatsoever, NAC-SOW, CACP, dump the gun registry entirely, (yes, fire the workers), pull out our people from idiot UN Committees, take an AXE to the grant system that works on the political level.......shrink government radically....we don't need 'em. Fire HRC workers....
well, you get the idea.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

At the same time, I can see a whole lot of room for cuts.......start by cutting off the $11 million that goes to that foolish "Human Rights" group in Montreal.......and every other grant to NGOs with any political agenda whatsoever, NAC-SOW, CACP, dump the gun registry entirely, (yes, fire the workers), pull out our people from idiot UN Committees, take an AXE to the grant system that works on the political level.......shrink government radically....we don't need 'em. Fire HRC workers....
well, you get the idea.
... invest more in research and development, green technologies, etc. I agree.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC

well, you get the idea.
Agree.
... invest more in research and development, green technologies, etc. I agree.
Agree.

Topaz72

Mar 11, 2010
They are lying again. EI premiums are going from 1.77 per$100 you make to$ 2.33, which will bring in 8 Billion yearly and not everyone can draw from this fund.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

well, you get the idea.

You missed out one of the largest government boondoggles - grants to the private sector and deferred taxes to the same. Get rid of these and the budget will be a lot closer to balanced. Here is a link to corporate welfare bums in Canada.
David Lewis and the ever present “Corporate Welfare Bums.” - Vive

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.