Cabinet Minister - Helen Guergis - meltdown

Resignation - Fired - Stay on

• Total voters

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Resign. The goof is hardly worthy of representing Canadian women.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
She's a bitch with a warped sense of entitlement........like about 80% of MPs. Let her constituents throw her out next election....if they want.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Actually I think she should stay. The more Conservative cabinet ministers there are to give the party a black image the better. Eventually we might have a chance to get rid of these servants of big business.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just hope if they show her the gate they keep the severence package to the LOW $millions.

Downhome_Woman

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2008
Ontariariario
I'm tired of MPs - WHATEVER party - behaving like idiots. In the house? It's bad enough, but unfortunately when they actually make it into the public? They just show the contempt that they actually feel towards the Canadian public - and that crosses ALL party lines - they are all SCUM.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm tired of MPs - WHATEVER party - behaving like idiots. In the house? It's bad enough, but unfortunately when they actually make it into the public? They just show the contempt that they actually feel towards the Canadian public - and that crosses ALL party lines - they are all SCUM.

Yep, they are all tarred with the same brush, snouts in the trough and their hands in our pockets, but I think I'm repeating myself here- guess it never changes. Of course they come by it honestly, remember Jeanne Sauve G.G. about a dozen years ago or more? Just as arrogant as they come and ran up horrendous bills flitting around the world.

Downhome_Woman

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2008
Ontariariario
Yep, they are all tarred with the same brush, snouts in the trough and their hands in our pockets, but I think I'm repeating myself here- guess it never changes. Of course they come by it honestly, remember Jeanne Sauve G.G. about a dozen years ago or more? Just as arrogant as they come and ran up horrendous bills flitting around the world.
Actually what bothers me is that there are actually MPs who do their job - but are tarred with the antics of these idiots.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Actually I think she should stay. The more Conservative cabinet ministers there are to give the party a black image the better. Eventually we might have a chance to get rid of these servants of big business.
Yeah, we got rid of Martin and Co., we can get rid of Harpy & Co.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Cabinet Minister - Helen Guergis - meltdown

Critics say 'petulant' Helena Guergis must go - thestar.com

Should she resign

Should Stevie boy give her the order of the boot.

Should she stay

Did she break a law? As far as I'm concerned, she was indeed rude and unbecoming of an MP. However, she did not break any law and so should be free to stay and I for one accept her apology. That said, it does reveal something of her spoilt character and will likely come back to haunt her in her riding come next election. Good enough for me.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yep, we women are best represented by someone with an emotional maturity level of a 3 year old.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Sorry, I was confounding her MP status with her status as Minister here. I suppose she should stay as MP unless she herself chooses to resign. As for Harper keeping her in Cabinet, it doesn't make sense changing Ministers too frequently just because it must certainly take any Minister some time to familiarize himself with his portfolio. Now that she is Minister, it might make sense to keep her there for now, but It won't look good on her constituents if she's elected again.