An Attack on Israel Attack on Canada, eh?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 4:49 PM
'An attack on Israel would be considered
an attack on Canada'

Steven Chase
Junior Foreign Affairs minister Peter Kent is suggesting Canada stands ready to throw its full military weight behind Israel, telling a Toronto publication that “an attack on Israel would be considered an attack on Canada.”
His office says Mr. Kent, the minister of state for Foreign Affairs of the Americas, was merely “paraphrasing” what Stephen Harper has said in the past regarding Israel.
“It’s not too far from what the [Prime Minister] has said,” Norm McIntosh, Mr. Kent’s chief of staff, told The Globe.
But the junior minister’s statement would appear to be evidence that the Harper government is shifting to an ever more solidly pro-Israel stance.
Mr. McIntosh declined to confirm whether this means that Canada would automatically declare war on an aggressor that attacked Israel.
In an interview published in Shalom Life, dated Feb. 12, Mr. Kent said: “Prime Minister Harper has made it quite clear for some time now and has regularly stated that an attack on Israel would be considered an attack on Canada.”
Mr. McIntosh pointed to Mr. Harper’s statements from May, 2008, marking the 60th anniversary of Israel, where the Prime Minister said: “Our government believes that those who threaten Israel also threaten Canada, because, as the last world war showed, hate-fuelled bigotry against some is ultimately a threat to us all, and must be resisted wherever it may lurk.”
“In this ongoing battle, Canada stands side-by-side with the State of Israel, our friend and ally in the democratic family of nations,” Mr. Harper said. “We have stood with Israel even when it has not been popular to do so, and we will continue to stand with Israel, just as I have always said we would.”

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Whyfor we got prorogation when we has difficult stuff to talk aboot eh. We will need signed and witnessed declarations of war not any of those backroom funny handshake deals. The declaration will self destruct in twenty minutes agent TWOT.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
If we are attacked by Britian, again, will Israel come to our aid? If we attack the USA will Israel stand behind us? If we decide to annex Barbados will we get military assistance from Israel? Or will we simply die in our new uniforms finishing off the women and children of Gaza for Israel? Or will we die fighting for gay rights in Uganda as our CBC radio celebrities suggested this morning on the Currant?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Hey gimme a rifle and a uniform and point me at Iran, I'll show those bastards what they get for picking on my best friend, Israel.
I'm assuming you mean plane ticket and all that after you get your issued weapon. At least you asked for a uniform, that way you won't be classified as a 'terrorist'.
Now if you were to use an ICBM from NFLD to bomb IRAN you would have to overflight ISRAEL and should your rocket run out of fuel and crash what help would that be??

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I'm assuming you mean plane ticket and all that after you get your issued weapon. At least you asked for a uniform, that way you won't be classified as a 'terrorist'.
Now if you were to use an ICBM from NFLD to bomb IRAN you would have to overflight ISRAEL and should your rocket run out of fuel and crash what help would that be??

I don't need no stinking plane ticket, I'll swim to Iran to save Israel, Canadas best friend in the whole world.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I don't need no stinking plane ticket, I'll swim to Iran to save Israel, Canadas best friend in the whole world.
Perhaps they will send one of their new subs for you. Somebody should have told them they don't operate in a sea of sand.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Every once in a while those bunch of idiots in Ottawa actually do something that reminds me why I vote Conservative.

Thank you Mr. Kent.

:)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Every once in a while those bunch of idiots in Ottawa actually do something that reminds me why I don't vote Conservative, Liberal or NDPeep.

Politicians of all stripes are idiots. It is a prerequisite of the job.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm trying to think of a scenario where Israel might help Canada. None is forthcoming. Israel will only defend Israel.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
As if we don't have enough threads about Israel.:roll:

Why Lester that could be taken as a poor reflection on the importance of our staunch allies, the state of Israel. We can never have enough positive PR about our best friends, the state of Israel. Why we should never miss an opportunity to expound and educate upon Canada's profoundly signifigant and morally important relationship with , the state of Israel. What possible reservations could any Canadian have about our relationship with, the state of Israel, unless unless my god you're not an no it isn't possible, it can't be so.:smile:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Why Lester that could be taken as a poor reflection on the importance of our staunch allies, the state of Israel. We can never have enough positive PR about our best friends, the state of Israel. Why we should never miss an opportunity to expound and educate upon Canada's profoundly signifigant and morally important relationship with , the state of Israel. What possible reservations could any Canadian have about our relationship with, the state of Israel, unless unless my god you're not an no it isn't possible, it can't be so.:smile:

DB, you've been surprizingly coherent of late.......I assume you've run out of bud.

My condolences.

:)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
What percentage of Canadian's really care if Israel is attacked or not? We should have a non-policy to the whole region, let em bring Armageddon on them selves.