Anti-Canada Website Founders Head to Govt Trough for Funding

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Has anyone here ever seen the anti-Canada website http://www.notcanada.com/forum]Not Canada.com?

As you can see it's a pile of bull from some work-shy losers some of whom even want Canadian Govt money to go back to where they came from because they don't like it here.

Well this is an email I just received from the founders of that website-they are headed to the Govt trough for funding!

Can you believe any Govt agency would give them a dime?

OK well maybe you do.

Any I urge everyone here to spread the news of this ripoff/travesty as far and as wide as possible they can say pretty much what they want on a private website but to use taxpayers as a funding source for their idiotic bile is altogether too much.

Here's the email

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear NotCanada.com forum members,

The Association of Professional Skilled Immigrants is about to be launched
soon.

It will be a non for profit organisation, funded by the Federal, Provincial
and Municipal. The Association will be corporate federally and based in
Alberta and the first pilot project will start in Alberta. We are at
present on the move with a government funding officer, a private person who
is giving her time to write the project and another private organiser who
is our guide for a non-for-profit organisation.

We are faced with a hurdle to complete registration and get the details in
for the funding before April 30th 2010 (deadline).

The hurdles are:-

We need to form a Board of Directors (at least 3 people—at least one from
Canada).
The funders feel that the name “Association of Professionally Skilled
Immigrants” is not suitable because it might prevent us from getting fund
for new projects

The Associations mandate or priority in a nutshell is to work together to
implement changes in the system and policy, engage the professional in
their respective field; professionals are treated with dignity and to be a
voice to bring into the open what the professionals are facing. If you can
think of anything else just add on so that when I take this to the lawyer
he can put it together.

What we need:

We have two need one more person to be on board. (Would you like to be one
of the named directors on board?)
Willing to attend meetings. This can be done by phone, webcam etc.
Where the name is concern, we need suggestions and opinions. The think is
to remember that it is people like the us “professionally skilled” that we
are dealing with and that names such as “new immigration centers”
“immigrants” has a stigma.
Once these hurdles are overcome, we need to form steering committees for
each projects launched.

If you need further information or clarification please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Nesa & Prem
premavla@telusplanet.net

--
Admin - www.NotCanada.com

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Bill, this is called freedom of expression, something we cherish here in Canada. I looked at the website, I don’t think it is over the top at all. Sure there are some people there who are embittered about Canada for whatever reason. However, I read some of the discussion, posters who defend Canadian way of life do participate there, they are allowed to participate, they are not censored.

The discussion forum clearly has one view of Canada and they are entitled to it. As to them getting federal funding, I assume they will get it if they meet the guidelines. We have a conservative government here, so you cannot really accuse them of pandering to anti-Canada feeling. If they are entitled to get the funding, they will get it.

There are people with all kinds of views in Canada, that is what makes Canada a great place to live.

Besides, there is some truth to what they say. Canada is vicious when it comes to the treatment of professional immigrants, they put all kinds of obstacles in their path towards certification. They are much more benign in USA, it is easier for a professional to get his qualification certified in USA than it is here in Canada. My wife is a doctor, we know many doctors (both Canadian and foreign), so I know this firsthand.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When I look at a new post and find they are longer than a paragraph or two and not written in such a way that English speaking people can understand it, then I don't bother with it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Something tells me this is redundant and that Canada likely already has a government agency whose aim is to employ properly trained people in their field.

A couple more cups of coffee and perhaps I'll care to take a boo around and see if I'm right.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Let's not give them too much attention. They used to spam Canadian Content en masse.

This isn't the only web site that has been spammed. I know of other forums that have felt the effect of these people. Since 99% of the spam that this site gets is from the third world, it doesn't surprise me that the people who run NotCanada use similar tactics.!

Reactions: Johnnny