Harper and the New Worldly Order

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Feb 09 11:23 Canadian Prime Minister Delivers Global Governance Plan

During the January 2010 World Economic Summit in Davos Switzerland Prime Minister Stephen Harper, the current Chairman of the G-20, presented the upcoming agenda for the G-20 and G-8 meetings to be held in Ontario in June. Many were shocked to hear this Conservative leader declare that “we also know markets need governance. For the new global economy, the G-20 is what we have.”

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Harper and the New World Order? Are you serious? This guy wants to bing back the Medieval World Order. He's about as far as you can et to any notion of any kind of new world order. He'd bring back the crusades if he could.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
OK, I just read the first half of the article, and indeed, except for his free trade stance (though I'm a supporter of free trade too mind you), he did seem out of character with his support for Keynesian-style government intervention. Maybe he had one cognac too many before that speech?

The second half of the article starts getting into cheap baseless anti-leftist rhetoric, so I didn't bother with it.