Liberals Have gained a lot on the Tories

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Liberals in dead heat with Tories, gaining in key battlegrounds: poll
at 16:07 on February 1, 2010, EDT.

THE CANADIAN PRESS
http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=inspinc
OTTAWA - A new poll suggests the political ground is shifting under the Conservatives, with the Liberals making gains in key areas.
The Canadian Press Harris-Decima survey shows a continuing dead heat between the two parties, at 32 per cent each.
But below the surface, the figures suggest the Liberals are well ahead in Quebec and have inched into the lead in vote-rich ridings around Toronto.
The Liberals also appear competitive in British Columbia and they're favoured by women voters.
The NDP is at 15 per cent, the Bloc at 10, and the Greens at nine.
The telephone poll of 2,000 people was taken Jan. 21-31 and has a margin of error of 2.2 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think Ignatieff has simply waited for the Tories to self-destruct. I would say there will be an election in about six months. The sad thing is that Harper and his cronies have added another 70 billion dollars or so to the deficit. I don't know how much more debt they will add between now and June.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

THE CANADIAN PRESS

OTTAWA - A new poll suggests the political ground is shifting under the Conservatives, with the Liberals making gains in key areas.
The Canadian Press Harris-Decima survey shows a continuing dead heat between the two parties, at 32 per cent each.
But below the surface, the figures suggest the Liberals are well ahead in Quebec and have inched into the lead in vote-rich ridings around Toronto.
The Liberals also appear competitive in British Columbia and they're favoured by women voters.
The telephone poll of 2,000 people was taken Jan. 21-31 and has a margin of error of 2.2 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.

This is bad news........and I am not optimistic over the Conservatives' chances of crawling out of the hole.....all over the bloody non-issue, prorogation. :roll:

It is frustrating to see the CPC, in power for four years, never given the majority they needed to right some of the serious wrongs in this country. Soooooooo close.......we are just now getting the Senate loaded so it can be reformed......

I'm not sure I can take another decade of China ass-kissing, gun controlers stealing my property, screw the military, hate the USA, love Hamas and Hezbollah........dammit!!!!!!!

It's depressing.

democracy is the very worst system possible.....except for all the others.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Colpy

Do you really thing prorogation is the only reason for the Tories falling popularity? Harper doesn't seem to know what the Canadian people want and that is what is leading him out of office. Harper likes to talk tough to China but China is twenty percent of B.C. lumber sales and lots of other countries produce lumber.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
bah I say , poles go up poles go down. This will all blow over and we'll deal with something else later on . The issue will be what ever is on the plate when the next election comes up .

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Don't think so. The Tories once had a huge lead that put them close to if not in majority territory. In the last few months they have gone downhill steadily and their lead is gone.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Don't think so. The Tories once had a huge lead that put them close to if not in majority territory. In the last few months they have gone downhill steadily and their lead is gone.
yeah but can any other party capitalize on it ?
I 'm not so sure.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Colpy

Do you really thing prorogation is the only reason for the Tories falling popularity? Harper doesn't seem to know what the Canadian people want and that is what is leading him out of office. Harper likes to talk tough to China but China is twenty percent of B.C. lumber sales and lots of other countries produce lumber.

Yeah, I do largely think it is prorogation and the flap surrounding it.....after all, Harper and the Tories were up in the polls before Parliament was suspended.

Don't get me started on China....lol

I hope this is temporary, and the Tories bounce back....

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Yeah, I do largely think it is prorogation and the flap surrounding it.....after all, Harper and the Tories were up in the polls before Parliament was suspended.

ahh soo

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
How many times must Canadians flip back and forth between two political parties which represent the interests of wealthy people and large corporations before we finally elect a political party which represents the interests of average Canadians? This Tommy Douglas speech is as relevant now as it was 60 years ago:

YouTube - Mouseland

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
How many times must Canadians flip back and forth between two political parties which represent the interests of wealthy people and large corporations before we finally elect a political party which represents the interests of average Canadians? This Tommy Douglas speech is as relevant now as it was 60 years ago:

YouTube - Mouseland

Yeah....believe it or not, I used to vote NDP when they were still a party Tommy Douglas would have been proud of....a populist party, with its base among western farmers.....the same people that created Reform.....

Even up until David Lewis, he of the "corporate welfare bums" fame I tagged along with the NDP....

But then they were taken over......by the organized labour leadership, by urban "intellectuals", by ivory tower academics.....suddenly they couldn't tell our friends from our enemies, they decided the blessed people were not to be trusted with deadly weapons, they developed a loathing for the military, and for our individual rights.......in favour of some imagined set of "collective" rights, which are, of course, no rights at all.......and became the depository of ideas so stupid, so disconnected with reality......

that....I dumped them.

They will have to take a long long walk in the snow, and change course radically to gain the trust of the Canadian people.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The NDP likes to take the credit for medicare but some kind of medicare was inevitable as soon as doctors got to charging so much that people couldn't afford them. There was a general aversion to socialized medicine and the doctors at the time thought they would all end up in the poorhouse. Didn't happen. For the doctors the big advantage was that all their bills were paid on time. The Liberals and conservatives were happy because if medicare fall apart, it would be the NDP's fault..

Now. Let me tell you about when the B.C. NDP decided give all government workers a raise and build new fast ferries..............................That would probably take too much time...;-):lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Well, I hope they bounce somewhere...........................Preferably out of office...;-)

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The NDP likes to take the credit for medicare but some kind of medicare was inevitable as soon as doctors got to charging so much that people couldn't afford them. There was a general aversion to socialized medicine and the doctors at the time thought they would all end up in the poorhouse. Didn't happen. For the doctors the big advantage was that all their bills were paid on time. The Liberals and conservatives were happy because if medicare fall apart, it would be the NDP's fault..

Now. Let me tell you about when the B.C. NDP decided give all government workers a raise and build new fast ferries..............................That would probably take too much time...;-):lol:

Doctors charging too much certainly has not had an impact on health care reform in the US. Give credit where credit is due. If it had not been for Tommy Douglas we'd be stuck with the same sort of health care as the Americans.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes the same system that our politcians run to.
It sure must be a terrible nightmare just ask Danny Williams .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

THE CANADIAN PRESS

Not too surprising, but just a flash in the pan, a lot of people (not me) take a dim view of this perogying, that will decline when people start doing their income tax. I don't think another election is necessary, the best that could happen is another bunch of (almost identical) snouts in the trough at a further cost of about $300 million.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Doctors charging too much certainly has not had an impact on health care reform in the US. Give credit where credit is due. If it had not been for Tommy Douglas we'd be stuck with the same sort of health care as the Americans.

No. We wouldn't. In the U.S. People have been looking for health care reform for a long time. When a tonsillectomy, a ten or fifteen minute procedure, costs over $5000.00, reform is needed. Sooner or later they are going to figure out that politicians are holding up health care reforms.