One Gay MP and his husband

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Canadian Liberal MP Scott Brison's 2009 Christmas card showing Brison and his partner Maxime St. Pierre standing in a field with their dog Simba. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Too late, I am using the pic posted in the thread, as a 30" x 40" poster it comes into focus in less than half a block. I sort of meant a card from the one in the riding I live in.
Merry Christmas, glad you're not here. lol

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
WOW! Is it a sin to make a Christmas card without snow in it? Or even something Christmassy? What if I wanted to send a card with a nice beach in Barbados lined with palm trees at Christmas time?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
WOW! Is it a sin to make a Christmas card without snow in it? Or even something Christmassy? What if I wanted to send a card with a nice beach in Barbados lined with palm trees at Christmas time?

You probably wouldn't get hauled off to jail for it. I think the picture is excellent, but I guess that is a little off topic.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I remember when Harper won the election the first time, Scott Brison hurriedly proposed to his mate and got married. At that time there was some fear that Harper may ban gay marriage. The ban probably would have been overturned by the courts, but that would have taken years. Presumably Mr. Brison didn’t want to wait that long.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I remember when Harper won the election the first time, Scott Brison hurriedly proposed to his mate and got married. At that time there was some fear that Harper may ban gay marriage. The ban probably would have been overturned by the courts, but that would have taken years. Presumably Mr. Brison didn’t want to wait that long.

I don't think Harper is as much against gay marriage (for others) as some people might think. To ASSUME so can make an ASS out of U and ME.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I don't think Harper is as much against gay marriage (for others) as some people might think. To ASSUME so can make an ASS out of U and ME.

I have said this before JLM, Harper’s promise to repeal gay marriage was on par with Chrétien’s promise to repeal GST or renegotiate NAFTA, something to keep the rubes satisfied.

To make a serious attempt to repeal gay marriage would have been to court political suicide in Ontario and Québec, Harper is not stupid. But each politician has to make some promises to his base which he has no intention of keeping. As I said, keep the rubes satisfied.