U.S. To Convince Canada’s Military Beyond 2011

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/troops+Canada+super+brigade/2296606/story.html

The Americans are at it again this time trying to convince Canada to stay beyond the 2011 military pullout.

The American 82nd Airborne Division is being deployed under the Canadian command to bring back stability to the region.

I just hope the Americans have solved their friendly fire kill problem, which they are famous for.

It should be interesting to see what our Prime Minister does and if the NDP votes to extent the mission like they did last time.

Last edited:

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/troops+Canada+super+brigade/2296606/story.html

The Americans are at it again this time trying to convince Canada to stay beyond the 2011 military pullout.

The American 82nd Airborne Division is being deployed under the Canadian command to bring back stability to the region.

I just hope the Americans have solved their friendly fire kill problem, which they are famous for.

It should be interesting to see what our Prime Minister does and if the NDP votes to extent the mission like they did last time.

Well, I'm not particularly hung up on the 2011 deadline, one way or the other. I am more concerned about whether or not "the job" gets done. A complete review of the situation - its goals, its chances of success, the costs in lives and money (both to date and anticipated) - would seem to be a reasonable thing to do.

I see nothing wrong with changing dates if there are good, solid reasons to do so. Great personal sacrifices have been made by our soldiers (and their families) in carrying out our mission over there, and it deserves to be accomplished.

And lest we forget, when the Americans joined us in the European theatre in WWII, that important piece of teamwork resulted in victory.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It will be interesting to see what develops, liberalman. As things stand now, Obama has stated that he will start bringing US troops home in 2011, which is the year that our (Canada) UN committment comes to an end.

You can rely on the NDP to oppose any further troop committments, likewise the Bloc will not be supportive. Who knows what the Libs will say or do, may simply depend on which way the wind is blowing.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
i hope we leave the country by 2011 we have already done alot...

You guys know that when the US starts bringing troops from iraq to afghanistan that they will be bringing more terrorists with them, indirectly of course...

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
i hope we leave the country by 2011 we have already done alot...

You guys know that when the US starts bringing troops from iraq to afghanistan that they will be bringing more terrorists with them, indirectly of course...

You're right - we have done a lot.

If the US can bring enough terrorists with them, it might make for an easier set of targets. I don't mean that lightly either...it's easier to fight an enemy you can see, or at least one that is one place.

But yes, you have a good point there. Not an easy situation, and there certainly are no easy answers...

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
It will be interesting to see what develops, liberalman. As things stand now, Obama has stated that he will start bringing US troops home in 2011, which is the year that our (Canada) UN committment comes to an end.

You can rely on the NDP to oppose any further troop committments, likewise the Bloc will not be supportive. Who knows what the Libs will say or do, may simply depend on which way the wind is blowing.

Obama said 2011 for Iraq complete pullout but Afghanistan is more of a long term where he said at West Point that the military will eventually go into Pakistan to get rid of the terrorists.

We have to remember that Afghanistan is a UN operation where Iraq is not.

The U.S. will leave Iraq like they left Vietnam and let them fight it out amoung themselves.

This is what George Bush Jr. talked about "Cut and Run"

Obama is doing it with Iraq

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Obama said 2011 for Iraq complete pullout but Afghanistan is more of a long term where he said at West Point that the military will eventually go into Pakistan to get rid of the terrorists.

We have to remember that Afghanistan is a UN operation where Iraq is not.

The U.S. will leave Iraq like they left Vietnam and let them fight it out amoung themselves.

This is what George Bush Jr. talked about "Cut and Run"

Obama is doing it with Iraq

If I remember correctly, the troop draw-down in Iraq was already underway before dubya left office, liberalman. Obama is simply finishing the job.

In his West Point address, Obama clearly stated that he wanted the troops in Afghanistan - not Iraq - to start withdrawing as ealy as July of 2011.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
How much heroin will we have to bring back from Afghanistan to cover the billions we have squandered to stay engaged with the retarded international community of carpet baging murderers.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
How much heroin will we have to bring back from Afghanistan to cover the billions we have squandered to stay engaged with the retarded international community of carpet baging murderers.

Probably not quite as much as we would have to bring back in order to cover the billions we have spent over the years in various ways to make sure Quebec stays in the family.

(Do you really believe the international community is "retarded" and made up of "carpet bagging murderers?") I mean, really...isn't that a bit extreme?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Probably not quite as much as we would have to bring back in order to cover the billions we have spent over the years in various ways to make sure Quebec stays in the family.

(Do you really believe the international community is "retarded" and made up of "carpet bagging murderers?") I mean, really...isn't that a bit extreme?

You haven't met the world's only surviving Stalinist??????Countryboy, meet Dark Beaver.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
LOL Colpy. Stalinist? I'm beginning to wonder if he joined Al Qaeda.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
I can see our Prime Minister Harper now, practicing in a mirror, opening his hairless, lilly-white ass-cheeks for the Americans to fully plunge deep and hard their intentions, and he loving every moment of it, mumbling to himself, `the hell with what most Canadians want`, a grin from ear to ear.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
So, in order to be a successful Canadian politician one must do things that Canadians don't want?

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
It seems in this day and age, yes, unfortunately. The same applies to most other nation`s leaders as well. F%^&ing sickening.

So, in order to be a successful Canadian politician one must do things that Canadians don't want?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Isn't one of the major reasons (outside of political gamesmanship) that Canada
has stated that it's exiting the U.N. sanctioned Afghanistan Theater is that it's
running out'a gear....and that even the gear used for training inside of
Canada has been shipped off to Afghanistan? Staying in
Afghanistan without the ability to train our troops on our
own soil to replace the troops already there will at
best hamper Canada's ability to remain past
2011, wouldn't it? 8O

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
We have done our part in Afghanistan. It is a war that will never be won, many countries have tried without success. It is said that we went in at the invitation of their govn, to do exactly what. Has anything really changed in the country? Have we changed the mindset of the people? Do the people really support our presence so much so that they are helping us fight the Taliban? I don't think so!

We need to get out in 2011 or before if possible.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
I can see our Prime Minister Harper now, practicing in a mirror, opening his hairless, lilly-white ass-cheeks for the Americans to fully plunge deep and hard their intentions, and he loving every moment of it, mumbling to himself, `the hell with what most Canadians want`, a grin from ear to ear.

It seems in this day and age, yes, unfortunately. The same applies to most other nation`s leaders as well. F%^&ing sickening.

OK, let's see...I think the PM will certainly listen to our neighbors to the south on this issue, but I don't think he'll practise in front of any mirrors before he discusses it with them. The U.S. has been an important partner of ours for many years, so consultation is sort of a no-brainer on these big issues.

As far as the other world leaders go, I don't really think they'll do the mirror thing either. They all have to be accountable to their citizens for their decisions, and they are all fairly responsible people just trying to do their best.

By the way, have you considered seeking professional help? I'm really concerned that you semm to be struggling to be heard, but your viewpoints are a little hard to understand. I'm sure you - like everyone else - has something worthwhile to contribute to this forum, but it is awfully difficult for the rest of us to grasp your intended message.

Perhaps you could start with a visit to a health food store...ask for something called "Chill Pills", which are a mild & natural aid to helping a person relax. I'd also suggest anger management therapy to go along with the pills.

If you don't feel better within a few days, you could - under a professional's care - gradually work your way up to electroshock therapy. This has been known to modify a person's behaviour enough to allow that person to function on a day-to-day basis as a human being somewhere within the range of "normal."

If all else fails, you could simply head on down to the local mall and solicit the help of any Christmas shoppers by first telling them your opinions on world affairs, turn around, drop your pants, and wait for them to apply the timeless K.I.T.A. therapy. (Kick In The A**) This has been known to work in some extreme cases. It likely has a good chance of being effective in your case, as you seem to be quite fluent in the language of the "mall rat."

Good luck, and - I, for one - hope to see you back here once you get that thought pattern problem under control.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Given how it's already known by Canadian Intelligence the two out of three of the people they train will run off to some bastard beasts of local gangsterism, because the gangsters can pay more, what if Canada uses its people's power of having lots of Muslims to advise how to train recruits into being true Muslims and stay with the side of good?

Seriously...

What if... if we shift away from a military position where I cannot begin to tell you what I think we should do...

And given that we know two out of three will run off to work for the poppy salesmen vectoring heroin to Russia (not a place to want cocaine... the US wants cocaine... Russia is so depressing it wants heroin)...

Does anybody have enough brains to do training within the wire which is... ironically... *for* the best of Islam.

The only way you're going to get that one out of three to seriously stick to the program when the evil bastards are offering to hire them away might be to be the ones to be training them in true Islam, in it's highest form.

Nobody has ever survived a retreat from Afghanistan with honor.

What if Canada takes the advise of the best Muslims it has, which its immigration program is supposed to have filtered out, and use it as the contribution of citizens.

My sense tells me that Muslims are so scared of themselves, that they will be terrified if asked to advise on how to make Afghanistan cops the best Muslim police, but that is the only way to get out with honor. They also might not be able to. They might be a sort to say that the only way to deal with "those" is to exterminate them... in which case we get to see the difference between religion and economo-socio-culture, as if Muslims had never gone to war against each other like French and Germans as Christians.

But let's try.

We're hooped, so what if in combination with training the best cops in the most stupid part of Eurasia, a fundamental part of the training be that they have to be on the best side of Mohamed in order to graduate.

I know some serious Mullahs who want their people to live well. If that can be done, then if we have some proper politicians it can be done, and we can get the **** out of there.

What if Canada makes it a rule as part of their change of position that they now train Afghan cops who can only graduate if they really really really have read the Koran and get it.

Think about it. You've got girls going to school, and now Taliban has to attack people teaching people how to read the *full* Koran, which means first they have to be taught how to read, and next they have to be taught how to think, because in fact the Koran is not a problem insolong as the reader can think.

Next will be the economic issue, which means buying the poppy crop, because it's cheaper to buy the poppy crop that to fight it (more than one billion dollars to fight it versus nine hundred million to buy it) and from thense sending it to the Montreal chemical producers to make a properly regulated fortune selling the best and most pure pain-killer stuff all over the planet, thus subserving the Montreal gangsters...

Next will be the issue of dealing with gangsters...

Hmm... gosh golly gee... what's cheaper... paying out the social services to the drug addicts, or buying off the gangsters...

Hmm... what would the Queen say?

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Given how it's already known by Canadian Intelligence the two out of three of the people they train will run off to some bastard beasts of local gangsterism, because the gangsters can pay more, what if Canada uses its people's power of having lots of Muslims to advise how to train recruits into being true Muslims and stay with the side of good?
That would mean giving up being a Muslim...

Have you given any thought to the fact that the Taliban only tax poppy sales? Or the fact that the poppy warlords aren't exactly the Muslims that go around training terrorists or for terror operations?