Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Toronto Belongs To The Indians

http://www.aaron.ca/columns/2006-06-10.htm
http://www.indianclaims.ca/claimsmap/mississaugastoronto_med-en.asp
http://www.indianclaims.ca/pdf/Mississauga_English.pdf
http://aaron.ca/columns/Mississauga_English.pdf

The Aboriginal nation is ready to take back what is legally theirs the jewel of Canada and the powerhouse of the nation.

From Rosedale to the Bridle Path, from skid row to working class areas, houses and properties paid for by families years ago will have to pay a lease if they want to keep their properties.

The Canadian Aboriginals are more organized because of their free university education they are doctors, lawyers, engineers, and every professional that have the experience to take over the City of Toronto.

The chief will replace the mayor’s job and the councillors will become elders.

If the people of Toronto are not nice to the Aboriginals then they will be kicked out of Toronto and they will be able to take their houses with them just like other people who were kicked off the land in other areas in Canada.

Toronto will become green again and the city will enjoy the return of the buffalo.

And for the displaced people of Toronto well there’s always Calgary because those cowboys need to be civilized.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Thats alright Liberal man.
Here in B.C. the native land claims account for over 100% of the province.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I saw a map in the band office that depicted how Canada would look if all the land claims were settled in the way every band wants. It was three-and-a-half Canadas. Everyone's traditional territories overlapped. Not bad for people who are of the land!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I saw a map in the band office that depicted how Canada would look if all the land claims were settled in the way every band wants. It was three-and-a-half Canadas. Everyone's traditional territories overlapped. Not bad for people who are of the land!
:lol:

This is true Lone, hence why I have always thought separated land claims, based on antiquated hereditary territories, to be of a nonsensical process. They should unite, get the collective poop in a group and use their f!cking heads.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Do you know why that is pgs?
So tell me - My great grandmother was full blooded Indian. Her and my Grandfather left 160 acres of property to their only child - my Grandmother. A ditzy Uncle I had was left in charge of the estate and when he needed some money, he sold that land (about 1973)for about $9,000.00. We maintain the mineral rights to it. The family was shocked that he sold it without discussion even though he had been given that right. He was white and only married into the family. Now - do I (and my family) have the right to lay claim to the 160 acres?:-?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
So tell me - My great grandmother was full blooded Indian. Her and my Grandfather left 160 acres of property to their only child - my Grandmother. A ditzy Uncle I had was left in charge of the estate and when he needed some money, he sold that land (about 1973)for about $9,000.00. We maintain the mineral rights to it. The family was shocked that he sold it without discussion even though he had been given that right. He was white and only married into the family. Now - do I (and my family) have the right to lay claim to the 160 acres?:-?

Was it Treatied land ... or just a crook pulling an estate swindle? Landclaims don't work that way. You have the right to enrich a lawyer by taking him to court....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Only if you can prove your proprietary rights.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Thats alright Liberal man.
Here in B.C. the native land claims account for over 100% of the province.

For over a hundred years BC has existed without treaties. Everybody in BC is squatting on native land except for one or two small treaties that were signed with one or two small bands back in the beginning. BC is in the Canadian federation on false pretenses because settling land claims was supposed to be a prerequisite to joining confederation. The government of the day lied to get in. Even today, the government would not be in negotiations with their aboriginal peoples if the Supreme court had not told them to be.

A lot of resource development is hampered by constant court battles, so you would think that settling as fast as possible would seem the smart thing to do, but the government is dragging its ass. I agree with the Bear. At this time you would think that the land claim issue should be done with all aboriginal peoples in one settlement but the government prefers to use divide and conquer tactics, trying to settle on a band by band basis.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
As for the OP, I think giving Toronto back to the aboriginals would be a great improvement to that blight on the face of the earth.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Toronto Belongs To The Indians

http://www.aaron.ca/columns/2006-06-10.htm
http://www.indianclaims.ca/claimsmap/mississaugastoronto_med-en.asp
http://www.indianclaims.ca/pdf/Mississauga_English.pdf
http://aaron.ca/columns/Mississauga_English.pdf

The Aboriginal nation is ready to take back what is legally theirs the jewel of Canada and the powerhouse of the nation.

From Rosedale to the Bridle Path, from skid row to working class areas, houses and properties paid for by families years ago will have to pay a lease if they want to keep their properties.

The Canadian Aboriginals are more organized because of their free university education they are doctors, lawyers, engineers, and every professional that have the experience to take over the City of Toronto.

The chief will replace the mayor’s job and the councillors will become elders.

If the people of Toronto are not nice to the Aboriginals then they will be kicked out of Toronto and they will be able to take their houses with them just like other people who were kicked off the land in other areas in Canada.

Toronto will become green again and the city will enjoy the return of the buffalo.

And for the displaced people of Toronto well there’s always Calgary because those cowboys need to be civilized.

No, not all First Nations have access to free education. Only those on-reserve do. And owing to the restrictions on-reserve, there is not much opportunity for advancement. So in reality, only some First Nations actually benefit from free education.

Now as for treaties, well, a treaty is a treaty is a treaty.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
No, not all First Nations have access to free education. Only those on-reserve do. And owing to the restrictions on-reserve, there is not much opportunity for advancement. So in reality, only some First Nations actually benefit from free education.

Gee what does the Department of Indian and Northern affairs do with the money. Their budget is now over 8 billion dollars a year. It works out to about $11,000.00 per indian and we can't get them through school?:roll:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Gee what does the Department of Indian and Northern affairs do with the money. Their budget is now over 8 billion dollars a year. It works out to about $11,000.00 per indian and we can't get them through school?:roll:

I agree there is major corruption somewhere, and it may be that some of the leadership in the Indian community is just as corrupt as in the federal government.

certainly we need to keep a close eye on that. But that's a separate issue from respecting treaties.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Now as for treaties, well, a treaty is a treaty is a treaty.

wrong....again......you really should stop talking about education period...cause you cant get it right.... at all.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If you're not a status indian, you dont get free university. if you live off-reserve likewise.

Not entirely true..... but Im not about to 'educate" you..."again" as to what is and isn't available.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No kidding you should be rolling your eyes.

First the bloated MIA take nearly 50% for administering to the First Nation, then the province takes a chunk, then on average any given Native would only recieve around 4500CDN in services/year.

As I have proven to you time and time again.

You continued ignorance to the facts, is willful and thus must be based on bigotry or racism.

Think carefully before you bitch at me about making that claim of you. It wasn't based on disagreement, it is based solely on your willfully ignoring fact to further your contempt for the Native community.