Toronto Mayor Cancels Canada Day Celebrations

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Toronto is in week two of the city workers strike and Mayor David Miller (censored) decided to cancel Canada Day celebrations because he said the garbage wouldn’t be picked up.

After week one of the garbage strike he allowed the Gay Pride parade to go ahead and the he got the city managers and some private contractors to pick up the garbage.

Canada Day is one of the important holidays of the year and Toronto is insulting the rest of Canada by canceling it.

Mayor Miller could have put together a Canada Day Parade on one of the main streets and have a limited event that all Torontonians could have enjoyed and if he got it televised on Toronto we all would have celebrated but he is an NDPer he didn’t

Mayor Miller was born in San Francisco, which is why he let the Gay Pride parades go ahead.

Miller spent ten years in England then he went to the prestige boarding school called Lakefield College School in Ontario on a scholarship, the same school that Prince Andrew attended.

The school's motto is Mens Sana In Corpore Sano ("A sound mind in a sound body")

Then he went to Harvard .and did a four-year undergraduate degree at Harvard University, graduating summa cum laude in Economics.

He earned a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of Toronto Law School in 1984 and became a partner at the prominent Toronto law firm on Bay Street, specializing in employment, immigration law and shareholder rights. He represented Toronto Islands residents in arbitration case while an articling student, and later went into city politics.

By his history alone you can see that Mayor Miller does not have the same patriotic beliefs as other Canadian in this great country.

He will probably take a day trip south of the border this weekend and celebrate Independence Day with the Americans on July 4th.

If Mayor Miller was a mayor of an American city and cancelled their country’s birthday celebration he would be swinging on the tree near city hall but in Toronto we as a people are just too polite to do it, so we anxously wait for election day so we can kick his sorry A$$ out of office so he can move back to the city of his birth and be hailed a Queen. I only say this because he has a habit of screwing Toronto

Last edited:
Reactions: Just the Facts

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Oh come off it. I agree with you in that I think Miller is a clown and an embarrassment for a mayor but you've been nothing but anti-gay and anti-everything else lately.

Well if the rubbish can't be picked up, I guess there's no other way around it. Toronto hardly has any Canadians in it anymore :roll: anyways.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Liberalman, I usually don't agree with you, but this time you have hit the nail on the head. He is a hopeless piece of $#&@.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
It's interesting to see that you are now a right winger, in support of free enterprise, and against unions, tolerance, etc.

TenPenny I was answering a question what does it have to do with right wingers?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I am for free enterprise and I feel that the union is essential to be protected from The Man.

Free enterprise creates the jobs but the union is there to protect the workers.

The only way to get rid of a union is to treat the workers fairly.

The worker is running the enterprise and should be a partner of the enterprise.

If the worker were paid a base salary plus a percentage of the profits then the worker would have enough money to make ends meet.

The enterprise would have a better and loyal worker that is constantly bringing in new business.

The carrot has always been a more effective tool and the stick produces sub-standard work.

The carrot brings the team together where the stick divides them.

Once this obtained then society a productive as a whole and a happy one

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Oh come off it. I agree with you in that I think Miller is a clown and an embarrassment for a mayor but you've been nothing but anti-gay and anti-everything else lately.

Well if the rubbish can't be picked up, I guess there's no other way around it. Toronto hardly has any Canadians in it anymore :roll: anyways.
Must be like Vancouver where you feel like you have gone to visit Asia.
If the garbage truck isn't arriving at your door once a week - take your trash to the dump yourself is how I feel about it. Even stores can hire a private company to do the same. No need to let the city become a mess. People are generally lazy.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

Nonsense, most Torontonians are Canadian, unless you think there is an ethnic or racial criterion for being Canadian.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
They got the temperary garbage dumps in most of the parks and the people that live there don't like the smell so they are blocking the people from are trying to drop it off.

A couple of people got really hurt bad and there is no end in sight because our mayor won't preassure the province to order them back to work

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
After week one of the garbage strike he allowed the Gay Pride parade to go ahead and the he got the city managers and some private contractors to pick up the garbage.

I'm rather surprised that the gay pride parade would be considered as equal to the Canada Day celebrations in Toronto. I know in Medicine Hat they will get between 5,000 and 10, 000 people attending today's festivities. A gay pride parade would get 2 or 3.