Liberals Preparing For A Summer Election

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Enough is enough the Conservative government has outlived their usefulness in leading this country.

Today on CTV Question Period the two hosts will get the news and off we go.

This election will be different from previous years and this election people will have a simple choice.

Do Canadians want to elect a bumbling government for a third time or will they elect a government that wants to fix the problems and plan for the future.

The campaign bus is fueled and ready to go.

It is time for a change.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I think the two parties are running neck and neck (the last poll I saw Liberals were slightly ahead). There was no reason for the last election, except that the Messiah thought that he will be able to get a majority (and to give Dion his due, he stopped conservatives from getting a majority).

But with Ignatieff, Liberal party has been revitalized, it has paid off the loan, the party is not broke any more. Conservatives have been in power long enough so that disillusionment is beginning to set in (but yet not long enough for people to get thoroughly disgusted). The next election should be interesting.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Enough is enough the Conservative government has outlived their usefulness in leading this country.

This election will be different from previous years and this election people will have a simple choice.

Do Canadians want to elect a bumbling government for a third time or will they elect a government that wants to fix the problems and plan for the future.

It is time for a change.

As scary as it may seem I think I'd rather take my chances with Harper than Ignatieff. Ignatieff isn't going to get us out of the recession- probably just borrow his way deeper into it.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Liberalman

People will receive three(3) Red Books full of promises which includes scraping of the GST , right?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think the two parties are running neck and neck (the last poll I saw Liberals were slightly ahead). There was no reason for the last election, except that the Messiah thought that he will be able to get a majority (and to give Dion his due, he stopped conservatives from getting a majority).

But with Ignatieff, Liberal party has been revitalized, it has paid off the loan, the party is not broke any more. Conservatives have been in power long enough so that disillusionment is beginning to set in (but yet not long enough for people to get thoroughly disgusted). The next election should be interesting.

Yeah, it will be interesting - probably be a toss up as to whether Harper wins two or three more seats or loses two or three.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I am anxious to hear all about the liberal's secret platform that will magically transform this global recession into another boom.

To date, all I've heard from Iggy is that EI should be altered to allow those that have worked 45 days to qualify for full EI benefits and that the libs are furious with Harper as he hasn't spent enough to ward-off the recession.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

So, in essence what you are saying is there was NO reason for the last election (after 2 and one half years) because it was only called so the Conservatives could win a majority.....

But there is EVERY reason for an election now (after 9 months) because the Liberals might win a minority.....

WHY am I not surprized???

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Oh, he can't hear me....God forbid the land of goodness, sweetness, brainlessness and Liberalism ever be disturbed by discordent voices!

What an idiot.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I am anxious to hear all about the liberal's secret platform that will magically transform this global recession into another boom.

To date, all I've heard from Iggy is that EI should be altered to allow those that have worked 45 days to qualify for full EI benefits and that the libs are furious with Harper as he hasn't spent enough to ward-off the recession.

Yeah, I haven't heard from him though where the money is coming from- and he's going to reduce the G.S.T.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually that would be a moot point anyway, under Iggy no one will have enough money to spend on anything where the G.S.T. is applicable.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

It is time for a change.

First of all, the guys on CTV Question Period do not call elections. :)

Secondly, no one would win a majority.

Thirdly, we just HAD an election...

And Fourth.....does anybody know where Saint Ignatieff stands on ANYTHING??????

Anybody?????

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Yeah, I haven't heard from him though where the money is coming from- and he's going to reduce the G.S.T.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually that would be a moot point anyway, under Iggy no one will have enough money to spend on anything where the G.S.T. is applicable.

From what I've heard, Iggy stated that both a carbon tax and a GST hike were not out of the question.

It's no secret that I am not a fan of tax increases, but increasing a person's overall cost of living via GST and a increase through the carbon tax will be disastrous. The timing on this one is extraordinarily bad.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
First of all, the guys on CTV Question Period do not call elections. :)

Secondly, no one would win a majority.

Thirdly, we just HAD an election...

And Fourth.....does anybody know where Saint Ignatieff stands on ANYTHING??????

Anybody?????

Yep, in a pile of bullsh*t just about up to his ears.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
But with Ignatieff, Liberal party has been revitalized, it has paid off the loan, the party is not broke any more.

No debt does not imply that they are flush with cash... For that matter, I see that Iggy must rely on YouTube as his primary advertising medium - not exactly the most effective way to communicate with the majority of the electorate.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The Liberals and Conservatives are not exactly neck and neck. If both parties get an equal share of the undecided vote, the Liberals would win a majority. The following is the latest Nanos poll:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Committed Voters - Canada (N=879, MoE ± 3.3%, 19 times out of 20)

Liberal Party 37% (+1)
Conservative Party 32% (-1)
NDP 16% (+1)
BQ 8% (-1)
Green Party 7% (NC)
(*Note: Undecided 12%)
[/FONT]

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The Liberals and Conservatives are not exactly neck and neck. If both parties get an equal share of the undecided vote, the Liberals would win a majority. The following is the latest Nanos poll:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Committed Voters - Canada (N=879, MoE ± 3.3%, 19 times out of 20)

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Liberal Party 37% (+1) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Conservative Party 32% (-1)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]NDP 16% (+1)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]BQ 8% (-1)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Green Party 7% (NC)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](*Note: Undecided 12%)[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Possible, yes....but I doubt it.

Heaven knows you can't predict....like someone said, a week is a long time in politics....Harper was fully expecting a majority last time.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Liberal Party 37% (+1) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Conservative Party 32% (-1)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]NDP 16% (+1)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]BQ 8% (-1)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Green Party 7% (NC)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif](*Note: Undecided 12%)[/FONT]
[/FONT]

IF everything went the Liberals' way. It would depend very much how that undecided vote is spread amongst the ridings. I would guess that a majority of the undecideds probably won't vote. Liberals should have the edge solely because Harper isn't doing much to pull us out of the recession (but that's because a P.M. has very little power in that regard)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Possible, yes....but I doubt it.

Heaven knows you can't predict....like someone said, a week is a long time in politics....Harper was fully expecting a majority last time.

I really don't expect a Summer election. As much as I think the Conservatives should be stopped before they bury the country in debt, there is a possibility that the voters might poop all over the party that causes a Summer election.

On the other hand, the trend seems to be moving away from the tories. Harper made the mistake of pissing off Quebec and Newfoundland before the last election and he has done nothing to patch up those problems. I would say that Harper is done like toast.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I really don't expect a Summer election. As much as I think the Conservatives should be stopped before they bury the country in debt, there is a possibility that the voters might poop all over the party that causes a Summer election.

On the other hand, the trend seems to be moving away from the tories. Harper made the mistake of pissing off Quebec and Newfoundland before the last election and he has done nothing to patch up those problems. I would say that Harper is done like toast.

For either side to call/force an election within the next year would be highly irresponsible- the cost alone would be in the order of $300 million.