Sue the bastards !!!..........?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:angry3:.......You read it first on CC........

The brain trust running this country has decided that if you get blown all to ratshyte by some terrorist, yer family and lawyers (lots and lots of them) can SUE the "rogue state", from whence the terrorists evolved.

New bill would let terror victims sue rogue states | Sympatico / MSN News

So, this means survivors of 9/11 can sue the Taliban.......?? Good luck with that.

How about this:

IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID !!!!

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
I would hope there are already laws to assist victums of crime/terrorists ..

...Canadian coalition against terrorism.(ccat).Is just 1 of the organizations trying to pass this..There is more to this than meets the eye..

Victums of terrorism could collect compensation....from who exactlyl .?.Good luck provin' where the money comes from.And getting terrorists to come forward to admit they are terrorists..Good luck to any 1 VICTUM who goes after a "TERRORISTS"..Careful!..

Dan Eisen (co-founder of CCAT)
said there are many terrorist countries preying on innocent victums...In Canada..Who are these countries these people ?..was asked.He could not answer...But said bill could reach back as far as 1985?...

Out there thoughts ....Dirt on Iggy?....Stop protesters like tamil tigers?...What is the immediate purpose of this Bill...Regulate internet?

..Know one likes terrorism..Is war terrorism?...Can we sue North Korea for terrorizing the world with bomb threats ..or is that just over hyped propaganda...?.Many questions...Things to watch for...

I can just see the court room now...Victums all telling the court /and the world media how they were terrorized by the accused terrorist..while he and his supporting Country sits and laughs..Uncaring ..with no money to give...Who will enforce this bill?

Something strange about this one.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
You can't even collect money off some dirt bag dead beat in Canada let alone some foreign nation that doesn't show up for court in Canada. I wonder how many millions Canadians are going to have to dump into this failed attempt to divert attention away from the economy the NeoCons refuse to notice?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The way I understand this new Legislation, If you (or your Family)
is the victim of a Terrorist state and:

1) This State is on an approved list of Terrorist States by the
Canadian Government, and our "friends" like Saudi Arabia will
not be on this list....

2) This State has assets inside the country of Canada, and these
assets are on another approved list by the Government of Canada

,then you can try and sue the Terrorist State....

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Do other countries have similar laws pertaining to the terrorist state of Canada? Since we are among the gang of the willing following the US into illegal wars and financially supporting war through donation and industrial contracts, we qualify for "Terrorist Organization" status in many countries.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Do other countries have similar laws pertaining to the terrorist state of Canada? Since we are among the gang of the willing following the US into illegal wars and financially supporting war through donation and industrial contracts, we qualify for "Terrorist Organization" status in many countries.
Cliffy

What about the Lockerbie bombing by Libya??

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Cliffy

What about the Lockerbie bombing by Libya??

Ironic that you mention Libya, as that was an example used on the radio
in explaining this new quagmire. Libya at one time would have qualified
to be on the list of Terrorist states as it's Government openly sponsored
terrorist, but not any longer...

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Nice. Canadian law should be applicable all over the world.

How about next he just declare himself to be "Grand master head cheese of life, the universe, and everything" via an act of parliament. Then he can march down to the US and tell Obama he has been evicted.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
If people can sue for terror attacks then even more they should be able to sue for illegal wars.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
and who is to sanction what an illegal wars is?

I don't know but obviously it can't be the same people that sanction what terrorism is since both terms seem to be subjective and depend entirely on PR and propaganda needs. One man's war is another's act of terror.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Our leader is a moron.

Your comment is demeaning to morons.
But think of the job prospects for all the lawyers who have just about worn out our patience with the land claims scam. This whole issue could have been settled in about a month if the taxpayers were not footing the legal bills for both sides.
If Harper really really wanted to do something for Canadians he would take on Obama over their buy american act.

scoops11

Time Out
Jun 1, 2009
what a horribly laughable idea. Like any international civil suit wouldn't be bogged down with national stuates and interpretation. beyond that what if an american terrorizes me in Canada, I can now sue the US? Who is this pandering to? who is going to hear about this legislation and decide to vote conservative?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
what a horribly laughable idea. Like any international civil suit wouldn't be bogged down with national stuates and interpretation. beyond that what if an american terrorizes me in Canada, I can now sue the US? Who is this pandering to? who is going to hear about this legislation and decide to vote conservative?

The way I understand this new Legislation, If you (or your Family)
is the victim of a Terrorist state and:

1) This State is on an approved list of Terrorist States by the
Canadian Government, and our "friends" like Saudi Arabia will
not be on this list....

2) This State has assets inside the country of Canada, and these
assets are on another approved list by the Government of Canada

,then you can try and sue the Terrorist State....

I seriously doubt that Canada would put the USA on the one list, or any
of its assets on the other....

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Perhaps, if the "terrorist state" has an embassy (or something else of value) in Canada, then our courts could just seize it, sell it, and divy up the proceeds to the victims? What an odd idea for the gov't to come up with.

Weird as it sounds, the way it was explained on the radio out here, with
the two lists....a Terrorist state can make it onto the first list, and may have
several holdings on Canadian soil (Embassies, steel mills, etc...) but any
or all of those assets may or may not make it onto that second list....

It sounds like it comes down to whom are Canada's "friends" at any given
time (=...current or future trade agreements, defense pacts, ect...). This
doesn't sound like it would be an easy path for someone to follow if they
actually tried to sue a Terrorist state.