Match a pair.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Here's a game for you. Identify a Canadian 'right-wing' politcian and a Candian 'left-wing' politician who you think could probably come up with some good policies on a particular issue if they put their heads together. And identify the issue too please.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Starting with me:

Language policy:

Graham Steele (NDP), Nova Scotia MLA for the Halifax riding
Graham Steele, MLA - Halifax Fairview

Scott Reid (Conservative), MP for for Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox & Addington
Scott Reid - MP Conservative Party

Both have expressed much interest in issues of language justice. Neither has particularly status quo views on the subject. Graham Steele has expressed interest in the issue of efficient international communication, and Scott Reid has expressed considerable interest in adopting a more efficient language policy to replace official bilingualism for Canada, mainly based on the notion of regionalism. If the two worked together, they might be able to come up with a policy that both the right and the left can accept and that would be much more efficient than the fiasco we call Official Bilingualism today.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Starting with me:

Language policy:

Graham Steele (NDP), Nova Scotia MLA for the Halifax riding
Graham Steele, MLA - Halifax Fairview

Scott Reid (Conservative), MP for for Lanark-Frontenac-Lennox & Addington
Scott Reid - MP Conservative Party

Both have expressed much interest in issues of language justice. Neither has particularly status quo views on the subject. Graham Steele has expressed interest in the issue of efficient international communication, and Scott Reid has expressed considerable interest in adopting a more efficient language policy to replace official bilingualism for Canada, mainly based on the notion of regionalism. If the two worked together, they might be able to come up with a policy that both the right and the left can accept and that would be much more efficient than the fiasco we call Official Bilingualism today.

I'm going to take the liberty of going back in time 20 years and say Pierre Trudeau and Brian Mulroney- stealing from the tax payers. :lol::lol:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm going to take the liberty of going back in time 20 years and say Pierre Trudeau and Brian Mulroney- stealing from the tax payers. :lol::lol:

Good work, JLM. And what about current politicians?

Last edited: