Ontario Scr*wed.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Once again McSquinty and his fiberals has broken promises and raised taxes, in a disasterous budget that screws both the poor and middle class. A deficit unlike any other following Rae's disaster. I guess he hasn't learned from history that the NDP tried that once and look at them now. I think he has just screwed the federal liberals in Ontario...

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It works exactly the same as Dion's Green Shift. A cut in income taxes does jack for anyone who doesn't pay income tax: the minimum wage earners and the pensioners - the most vulnerable.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ontario has always been screwed - by their own arrogance. Most I have met think their ****e don't stink, especially those from Torona.

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario
While I agree McGuinty is a horrible Premier, and I have never, nor will I ever, vote for him...

Implementing the HST was the right move, and should have been done 17 (or so) years ago.

Oh - and mark my words - no future Premier will rescind it - even if they promise to.

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
I like the HST - one whole level of provincial public servants wiped out - now business will only have to work with one inept civil service department when it comes to sales tax. One thing that concerns me is that Ontario already has a 10 cent a litre tax on gasoline - will that now go up to 18 cents a litre? Reducing our provincial income tax rates are what I am looking forward to - I can limit my purchases to save sales tax - reduce my heating costs etc. but I can not escape the income tax rates except by putting my money out of commission in a RRSP or maybe having another child ( I'd rather have a fork stuck in my eye) -

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
It seems that this HST has caught a group of Ontarians by surprise - Ontario Aboriginals will now be required to pay HST on purchases where before they were PST exempt.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I like the HST - one whole level of provincial public servants wiped out - now business will only have to work with one inept civil service department when it comes to sales tax. quote

Don't count on that happening any time soon. I imagine asses are being covered, and one dept. will be re-routed to supervising the other..........8O

Ever see the movie, "The Blob"...?.....Just keeps on growing, covering everything it touches with a thick, killing, slime.