• I don't know

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Some of you might remember this news story at the time it happened:

Army officer confirmed killed in Lebanon

The remains of the UN patrol base in El-Khiam after the Israeli air strike in which Major Paeta Derek Hess-von Kruedener was killed on July 25.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Major Paeta Derek Hess-von Kruedener's body was identified yesterday by DNA testing.

OTTAWA, Ontario ― The federal government has confirmed the death of Major Paeta Derek Hess-von Kruedener. His body was identified yesterday by DNA testing.

Maj Hess-von Kruedener was in a United Nations Observation Post, in south Lebanon, on July 25, when it was bombed by Israeli Defence Forces. Three other United Nations Military Observers (UNMOs) were also killed in the attack.
Major Hess-von Kruedener was an infantry officer with Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry and had been serving in the area with the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO).

His wife, Cynthia, and their children had been hoping he had survived the attack.
"This sad news underlines the deep concerns raised by the dramatic upsurge in regional hostilities and the tragic toll that they are exacting in human suffering," Governor General Michaëlle Jean said in a statement issued yesterday.

"Our Government fully intends to investigate the circumstances that led to this tragic incident," revealed Prime Minister Stephen Harper in a statement issued today. "I have asked our military to investigate and work in conjunction with the Government of Israel and the United Nations to determine what occurred."...

Headlines | Canadian Army | National Defence and the Canadian Forces

Except that our government investigation hit a road block. Israel refused to cooperate with the investigation. Our government accepted their word it was an accident and closed the case even though many obvious questions remain unanswered.

Here are the facts:

CJPME@sympatico.ca

Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East www.cjpme.ca

Factsheet Series No. 33
FACTSHEET:
Created: February, 2008, Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East

CANADIAN PEACEKEEPER MURDERED IN LEBANON
Canadian Forces Major Paeta Hess-Von Krudener – stationed as a United Nations peacekeeper in Lebanon – was killed on July 25, 2006 when the Israeli Air Force dropped a bomb on his UN post. Since the time of the incident, the Israeli government has claimed its attack on the UN post was an accident.

Canada issued the results of its inquiry into the incident on Feb. 1, 2008. Unfortunately, this claim of the Israelis rings hollow in light of the specifics of the incident.

What did the Canadian inquiry into the incident reveal?

The Canadian Board of Inquiry (BOI) concluded that the incident which killed Hess-Von Krudener was “tragic and preventable,” and that “the IDF [i.e. Israeli Army] is responsible for the death of Major Hess- Von Krudener.”1)

This conclusion was based on an analysis by the BOI of UN and IDF protocols in place at the time of the incident. (It is important to note that Israel refused to honour the Canadian BOI’s requests for access to IDF personnel and information related to the incident. 2)

UN peacekeeping operations in southern Lebanon have long-established communications links with the IDF – links that were frequently used as Israel advanced its war operations in southern Lebanon in the days leading up to July 25th. Peacekeepers systematically reported all incidents of the IDF firing close to their positions, and the UN commanders were frequently required to protest such attacks, and demand that they be called off. On the day that Hess-Von Krudener was killed, three distinct waves of Israeli attacks involving both artillery and bombs converged on his UN bunker (starting at 12h11, at 14h18, and at 18h29), and all three triggered formal communications of protests from the UN in Lebanon to the IDF. 3)

The final wave of attacks – starting at 18h29 – was so intense that the UN command initiated explicit communications with the Israelis at multiple levels of command (e.g. “you are killing my people”), and made plans to evacuate the UN peacekeepers at the post. Nevertheless, the post was destroyed around 19h30 when the Israeli Air Force dropped a massive bomb on the site. This final attack occurred approximately 40 minutes after protests for the 18h29 attack had been lodged with the IDF. 3)

Why is it difficult to believe the attack was an Israeli accident?

The IDF has admitted to destroying the UN bunker that sheltered Hess-Von Krudener, but its explanations of the incident as an accident are highly unconvincing:

• The weapon that killed Hess-Von Krudener was calibrated and targeted to destroy the UN bunker. The bomb that Israel dropped on the bunker was a 500 kg. GPS-guided Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM.) The UN bunker was built to withstand attacks from 155 mm artillery – the munitions used earlier in the day – but could not withstand an attack from this “bunker busting” bomb. The IDF would not presumably have used this bomb if it didn’t believe it was attacking a fortified bunker. Also, as a satellite-guided (GPS) munition, the bomb did not “miss” some other target, but was directed precisely to the UN bunker as a target.

• Israeli claims that the accident was the result of use of old and flawed maps was preposterous. The UN bunker at which Hess-Von Krudener was stationed had functioned as a UN post for over 30 years. Both the UN in Lebanon, and the Lebanese government extensively documented thousands of Israeli reconnaissance flights over Lebanon in the 2-3 years leading up to the war of 2006. 4 Finally, the fact that numerous Israeli attacks had already been “called off” from the post – even earlier that day – makes such claims sound entirely unpersuasive.

• There was no evidence of Hezbollah activity in the vicinity of the UN post at the time Israeli attack. Israel had also at one time suggested that the bomb was errant fire intended for Hezbollah activity nearby. A detailed Human Rights Watch report 5 on this and other attacks surveyed the scene in the days immediately following the attack, and found no evidence of Hezbollah activity (e.g. munitions casings, other equipment, dead fighters) in the area.

Why might Israel have deliberately targeted the UN bunker?

While faulting the IDF for the incident overall, the Canadian BOI does not speculate as to how the IDF allowed the attack to occur. Rather, the BOI accepted Israel’s explanation that the incident was the result of an Israeli “operational error.” Assuming Israeli “good will,” the BOI claims that the facts support this finding. As “facts,” the BOI report cites 6:

• Israeli “Duty.” The BOI assumes that Israeli adherence to the Convention on the Safety of UN and Associated Personnel is a “fact” which would prevent an intentional attack. This despite the fact that 36 of 45 UN positions in Lebanon reported Israeli hits or near hits throughout the war. 7

• Israeli knowledge of the foreseeable results. The BOI assumes that, knowing the consequences of the attack, Israel would never have allowed such an attack to proceed. This despite similar past incidents: e.g. the bombing of the UN in Cana in 1996, the sinking of the USS Liberty in 1967.

Cynthia Hess-Von Krudener, widow of the dead Canadian peacekeeper asserts that Israel intended to destroy the bunker. She says that in the days prior to his death, her husband emailed her with concerns about Israeli bombing of Lebanese schools and hospitals. One of his emails speaks about Israel waging “a campaign of terror against the Lebanese people.” Ms. Hess-Von Krudener believes that Israel destroyed the UN post to silence the reports of the peacekeepers: “Obviously they [the Israelis] were unhappy with what they [the peacekeepers] were observing. Maybe that post was in the way as well. I know my husband was reporting war crimes. And I guess [the Israelis] don’t want to deal with that.” 8

What might Canada do to secure peacekeepers against Israel?

Canada’s BOI made 13 operational recommendations stemming from the incident which killed Hess-Von Krudener. Only one item applies to Israel, with recommendations to improve the liaison network, and to strengthen the reliability of the multi-cultural and multi-lingual channels used in the network. Canada must push for verifiable implementation of these recommendations. Ms. Hess-Von Krudener believes that Canada should do much more to hold Israel accountable for its attack on the UN post. She wants Canada to protest Israel’s refusal to cooperate in the Canadian inquiry. In a statement in early February, 2008, Ms. Hess-Von Krudener argues that Israel lost “the privilege of secrecy” when their actions led to the targeting of a UN peacekeeping post. 9 Indeed, as a purported ally to Canada, Israel should presumably seek full disclosure in order to reassure Canadian concerns for the peacekeeping community. (Compare Israel’s lack of disclosure in this incident to the openness of US proceedings following the death of four Canadians by American fire in Afghanistan in 2002.)

As of early February, 2008, the Israeli ambassador to Canada, Alan Baker, stated that there was no high level push for Israeli accountability on the incident from Canada. 10 Beyond Canada’s concern for its own lost peacekeeper, the international community should expect answers from Israel on the incident. As a member of the international community, Canada must rightly ask some of the following questions:

• How could Israel have allowed multiple “operational errors” to occur in the same location over a period of six hours, as evidenced by the fact that the UN post was repeatedly assaulted?

• What were the “rules of engagement” for the Israeli pilot who dropped the bomb on the post?

• What operational changes will Israel implement in the future to prevent similar such tragedies with UN peacekeepers, Canadian or otherwise.

CJPME@sympatico.ca Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East www.cjpme.ca

http://www.cjpme.ca/documents/33 En Canadian Peacekeeper Murdered v.1.pdf

Here is the Major's wife's take on this incident:

CBC Ottawa

Letter from the widow of Major Paeta Hess von Kruedener

February 6th, 2008

Hello, my name is Cynthia Hess von Kruedener – I’m the widow of Major Paeta Hess von Kruedener. My husband was killed along with 3 fellow Peacekeepers during the Israeli bombing of the UN Patrol Base Khaim, in southern Lebanon on July 25th, 2006

I’m speaking to you today following the release of our Department of Defence / Board of Inquiry. I’ve prepared this statement, instead of an interview – because it’s important to me to address the central issues – at this time – without being misspoken.

I thank the members of the Board of Inquiry: I believe they did a thorough job investigating, within the bounds of their mandate. I encourage all interested parties to review the findings of the BOI, available to the public (almost in their entirety) on the National Defence Website. (http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/focus/hess-von-kruedener/index_e.asp)

First, I want to make it clear that it’s not my intention to place inappropriate blame for the events that led to my husband’s death; and

Secondly, I want to draw attention to the questions that have not been answered through this investigation.

I direct your attention to Paragraph 72, indicating that the Israeli Defence Force has clearly accepted responsibility for the incident that killed my husband and his colleagues.

Just so we’re clear “the incident” refers to the 500 lb, precision guided bomb that was dropped on the UN bunker containing my husband and his fellow Peace Keepers; who were unarmed and serving the world community in the pursuit of peace.

The IDF have attributed the targeting and subsequent attack to an operational error; but offer no explanation of how that error occurred.

Further in paragraph 72, we find that the IDF acknowledges receiving multiple protests regarding their artillery rounds hitting the post. They even acknowledge communication from the UN Force Commander stating: “You are killing my people” – and yet; the IDF fail to explain why the subsequent J-DAM Bomb was NOT halted.

There are questions unanswered:

· If 6 hours of artillery shelling was an operational error – and bombing a UN bunker was an operational error – what are the odds that two operational errors (land and air) occurred within an hour of each other and in the same place? Keep in mind, that the UN Patrol Base was a solitary structure; not surround by any other buildings; painted white; marked UN in big, black letters; flying a UN flag; well mapped; and located in exactly the same place for more than 30 years!

This, and many other questions, will never be answered unless, and until, the IDF reveals the complete findings of its own internal investigation. (An investigation that we know has been performed.) Without complete disclosure, we (the rest of the world), don’t have the necessary information to draw lessons and prevent further, similar loss of UN Peacekeepers:

· It’s clear, and sad, that the sanctity of the UN was not respected and provided no protection to the UN Peacekeepers.

· The Board of Inquiry, conducted by our Defence Department must be the first – NOT the last, step in the process of searching for truth and accountability.

The world needs to know: What were the ‘rules of engagement’ for the IDF pilot who dropped that bomb? I believe that, the IDF lost the privilege of secrecy, on this issue, when they targeted a UN Post.

I call upon the House of Commons to debate the findings of the BOI; and through our Foreign Minister, take this issue to the UN Security Council and the UN General Assembly:

· This was not an accident.

· Paeta’s death, with his fellow Peace Keepers: Hans of Austria, Jarno of Finland, and Du, of The Republic of China: was entirely preventable.

· The Security Council (as an instrument responsible for maintaining international law, international peace and security) must condemn violations of UN Protection – in no uncertain terms.

I ask Canadians not to turn away from this issue; as if it doesn’t concern you. The security of Peace Keepers, in this extremely distressed world, affects everybody.

Join me, by contacting your Members of Parliament; ask them to “Make the Safety of our World’s Peace Keepers a Priority!”

CBC.ca - News - Letters - Ottawa Humane Society

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
EAO: What was the motive?

Do you think Jews just murder because it is their nature? I say that just to press the point home, I know you do not think that way....(unlike some others)......so, I ask again: what was the motive???????

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Who said anything about Jews? Your question should be phrased differently.

What was the Israeli miltary's motive for killing unarmed UN "observers"?

I'll quote the wife:

Ms. Hess-Von Krudener believes that Israel destroyed the UN post to silence the reports of the peacekeepers: “Obviously they [the Israelis] were unhappy with what they [the peacekeepers] were observing. Maybe that post was in the way as well. I know my husband was reporting war crimes. And I guess [the Israelis] don’t want to deal with that.” 8

Why do you think the Israeli military dropped a bunker buster bomb where the only re-inforced structure in the area was a UN outpost?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Who said anything about Jews? Your question should be phrased differently.

What was the Israeli miltary's motive for killing unarmed UN "observers"?

I'll quote the wife:

Why do you think the Israeli military dropped a bunker buster bomb where the only re-inforced structure in the area was a UN outpost?

I have no idea.........but I know the Israelis are not stupid, and purposely bombing a UN outpost is soooooo dumbass. They try to prevent UN peacekeepers from causing a public outcry by killing the peacekeepers, thus multiplying the outcry expotentially?

Sorry, doesn't make sense.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Colpy, it's all a conspiracy. The Israelis do not bomb UN posts, and as Bush would say, the US does not torture. That is all you will ever need to know and believe for the rest of your Conservative life.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Now I shall take the poll. 'Are you satisfied this was an accident?'

-> No.

Colpy says the Israelis are not dumbasses. And to blow things up when you don't know what you are blowing up is just so dumbass.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Now I shall take the poll. 'Are you satisfied this was an accident?'

-> No.

Colpy says the Israelis are not dumbasses. And to blow things up when you don't know what you are blowing up is just so dumbass.

It's a war. People throwing around a lot of bullets and explosives. People get hurt.

Actually, the Israelis are extremely careful about non-combatant casualties.......they have one of the most advanced militaries on earth......they could easily kill tens of thousands in an evening........instead, they try to avoid civilian casualties as much as possible.......they realize that the outcry from the rest of the world increasingly isolates them: so I ask once again:

What was their motive for "murdering" :roll: UN Peacekeepers???????

BTW, EAO, I have to call you to task over the "bunker-buster bomb".....Hezbollah has an extensive system of tunnels and bunkers throughout the area......my bet would be that "BBBs" were pretty well standard armanent.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Side note: What the hell were the UN doing there with forces in Lebannon firing from their position?

UN Peacekeepers are not to be deployed to active warzones. They are to be deployed between two entities not currently fighting to KEEP THE PEACE. If rockets are flying, the peace is over and cannot be kept, bug out.

Once the first rocket went screaming overhead, technically, as a peacekeeper, we should have either left, or entered a peace enforcement phase and invaded Lebanon.

We were breaching the rules by staying there.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I have no idea.........but I know the Israelis are not stupid, and purposely bombing a UN outpost is soooooo dumbass. They try to prevent UN peacekeepers from causing a public outcry by killing the peacekeepers, thus multiplying the outcry expotentially?

Sorry, doesn't make sense.
The outcry?

I believe the exchange was:

UN: Did you bomb the UN outpost and kill the observers?
Israel: Yes we did.
UN: Can we talk to the people involved?
Israel: No.
UN: Will you cooperate with our investigation?
Israel: No, but we will give you an apology.
UN: Apology accepted

If Israel has nothing to hide, why didn't they cooperate? Why couldn't we talk to the people involved?

When Americans accidentally bombed Canadians in Afghanistan, they were a model of cooperation. We got answers and people were held accountable for their actions. Also changes were made so that the same mistakes could not be repeated.

In this case many questions remain unanswered. For example:

What were the Israelis trying to hit with a bunker buster bomb instead of the UN outpost? Why did Israel use a bunker buster bomb when there was no evidence of Hezbollah fortifications nearby?

Another possible explanation is that the peacekeepers witnessed something that if it became public would have caused Israel more difficulties than simply killing the witnesses and making a lame insincere apology with no consequences.

BTW, now that our leaders have indicated that we will not demand explanations when Israel kills our soldiers. That means that as far as Israel is concerned our soldiers are expendable. Killing them comes without consequences. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

BTW, EAO, I have to call you to task over the "bunker-buster bomb".....Hezbollah has an extensive system of tunnels and bunkers throughout the area......my bet would be that "BBBs" were pretty well standard armanent.

From the first post:

There was no evidence of Hezbollah activity in the vicinity of the UN post at the time Israeli attack. Israel had also at one time suggested that the bomb was errant fire intended for Hezbollah activity nearby. A detailed Human Rights Watch report 5 on this and other attacks surveyed the scene in the days immediately following the attack, and found no evidence of Hezbollah activity (e.g. munitions casings, other equipment, dead fighters) in the area.

I would assume that also includes tunnels.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You have to understand that back in 1948 Israel was "given" 60 odd percent of Palestine. Israel has since expanded their boundaries to the point where they now control all of what was once Palestine, part of Syria, part of Lebanon, part of Jordan just like Ben Gurion said they would. They don't care who they kill as long as they get their way. Is it any wonder the Arab countries are nervous. Our government talks of how we are allies with Israel but Israel is only allied with Israel.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
You have to understand that back in 1948 Israel was "given" 60 odd percent of Palestine. Israel has since expanded their boundaries to the point where they now control all of what was once Palestine, part of Syria, part of Lebanon, part of Jordan just like Ben Gurion said they would. They don't care who they kill as long as they get their way. Is it any wonder the Arab countries are nervous. Our government talks of how we are allies with Israel but Israel is only allied with Israel.

See, this is the bunk I don't get.

Palestine has never been defined in any region that would have given the jewish residents "60%"

Historically Palestine was about Half of Lebannon (to the Lithi), and going to Amman, which is mid Jordan. It also doesn't include the Negev desert, which is the majority of Israeli land.

So no 60% of historical palestine.

The British Mandate of Palestine included Mordern Day Jordan and large parts of what is now Saudi Arabia. All of Israel and the west bank is hovering around 10% of that territory.

So if they didn't get 60% of historical Palestine, and they didn't get 60% of the mandate of Palestine, what exactly are you pulling this number from? What is this magic Palestine you have created?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Balfour Declaration of 1917 (dated 2 November 1917) was a classified formal statement of policy by the British government stating that "His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people" with the understanding that "nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."
That wasn't enough so a guy named Begin decided terrorism was the answer and blew up the King David Hotel killing many of their own in the process.

The King David Hotel bombing was an attack by the right-wing Zionist underground movement, the Irgun,[1] on the central offices of the Secretariat of the Government of Palestine and Headquarters of the British Forces in Palestine and Transjordan, which were located at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem.[2][3] The attack, carried out on 22 July 1946, was the deadliest directed against the British during the Mandate era (1920-1948).
Mostly disguised in Arab costume, Irgunists planted a bomb in the basement of the main building of the hotel, under the wing which housed the Mandate Secretariat and part of the British military headquarters. Telephoned warnings were sent to the switchboard at the hotel's reception desk, the Palestine Post newspaper and the French consulate (though not directly to the Secretariat or military headquarters, which had separate switchboards).[4][5] Despite the warnings, no evacuation was carried out. The ensuing explosion caused the collapse of the western half of the southern wing of the hotel. 91 people were killed and 46 were injured, with some of the deaths and injuries occurring in the road outside the hotel and in adjacent buildings.[4] Due to the question of responsibility for the deaths, controversy has arisen over the timing and adequacy of these warnings and the reasons why the hotel was not evacuated.
Dressed as Arabs....why does that sound familiar?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Side note: What the hell were the UN doing there with forces in Lebannon firing from their position?

UN Peacekeepers are not to be deployed to active warzones. They are to be deployed between two entities not currently fighting to KEEP THE PEACE. If rockets are flying, the peace is over and cannot be kept, bug out.

Once the first rocket went screaming overhead, technically, as a peacekeeper, we should have either left, or entered a peace enforcement phase and invaded Lebanon.

We were breaching the rules by staying there.

Are you saying that the UN peacekeepers are responsible for Israel bombing them because they didn't abandon their post?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
See, this is the bunk I don't get.

Palestine has never been defined in any region that would have given the jewish residents "60%"

Historically Palestine was about Half of Lebannon (to the Lithi), and going to Amman, which is mid Jordan. It also doesn't include the Negev desert, which is the majority of Israeli land.

So no 60% of historical palestine.

The British Mandate of Palestine included Mordern Day Jordan and large parts of what is now Saudi Arabia. All of Israel and the west bank is hovering around 10% of that territory.

So if they didn't get 60% of historical Palestine, and they didn't get 60% of the mandate of Palestine, what exactly are you pulling this number from? What is this magic Palestine you have created?

Here is a map from 1946. The borders don't mean anything because Israel now has all of Palestine.

Palestine 1947 District And District Centers

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
related:

Relatives of Montrealers killed in Lebanon condemn 'massacres'

July 17, 2006 | 9:06 AM ET
CBC News

Family members of Lebanese Canadians killed in an air strike Sunday are directing their anger at both Israel and the Canadian government.

Ali el-Akhras, 36, was on vacation in the Lebanese village of Aitaroun, about 50 kilometres south of Beirut and not far from the Israeli border, with his wife Amira el-Akhras, 23, and their four children ages one, four, six and eight. They and a group of relatives were in a house that collapsed following a nearby bomb blast.

Meyssoun el-Akhras, flanked by her brother Rami, left, and Hussain el-Akhras, right, is overcome with emotion during a news conference in Montreal on Monday. Photos show the eight family members who were killed in Lebanon.
(Ryan Remiorz/Canadian Press)
Amira el-Akhras and the children were killed on Sunday in the Israeli air strike. Ali el-Akhras, 36, had been in critical condition in hospital.

A spokesman for the family said Monday morning that Canada's Department of Foreign Affairs had told him that Ali el-Akhras had succumbed to his injuries in a Lebanese hospital. However, family members in Montreal maintain he is still alive.

At a news conference Monday, members of the el-Akhras family condemned Israel, calling the attacks "massacres." They accused Israelis of neglecting to distinguish between children, women and the elderly and soldiers when carrying out attacks.

They called on Prime Minister Stephen Harper to put pressure on Israel to stop the violence in the Middle East, and condemned Harper's earlier comments about Israel's stand in the current conflict.

Hussein el-Akhras, who is related to the victims, told reporters that Canada's Department of Foreign Affairs has not made contact with the family to offer condolences or help....

Relatives of Montrealers killed in Lebanon condemn 'massacres'

Our government's response?

Harper stands by his comment on Israel's 'measured' response

MIKE BLANCHFIELD, CanWest News Service; PC contributed to this report; Reuters
July 18 2006

Prime Minister Stephen Harper offered brief condolences yesterday to the families of Canadians killed in Lebanon, but has not asked Israel for an explanation for their deaths.

And while he offered more details, Harper did not back down from his comment that Israel's bombing of Lebanon was a "measured" response to Hezbollah's abduction of two Israeli soldiers...

Harper stands by his comment on Israel's 'measured' response

Harper expresses ‘unshakable support’ for Israel By SHERI SHEFA, Staff Reporter Wednesday, 14 May 2008
The Canadian Jewish News - Harper expresses ‘unshakable support’ for Israel

In other words, killing hundreds of innocent civilians including a family of Canadians and several UN peacekeepers was a rational response to Hezbollah capturing two Israeli soldiers to use to bargain for the release of hundreds of their people held by Israel since the 1980's....

Whose side is Harper on?

Last edited: