PC Leader John Tory Bites The Dust

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
John Tory the Messiah and leader of the Progressive Conservative party of Ontario or PC, ran in a by-election in Haliburton-Kawartha-Lakes-Brock and got nailed to the cross by those people in cottage country.

John Tory won the PC leadership vote and he ran for a seat in Toronto in the last provincial election.

He should have won but like a true Conservative he did everything arse backwards.

He lived in vote rich Conservative prestige 905 area code and he decides to run in Toronto and decides to be honest and tell the people that his government will fund all faith based schools instead of jut the Catholic ones and he loses.

After a leadership review and a lot of infighting he hangs onto the leadership.

After getting a PC MPP to step down he ran for that position.

Then last night he crashed and burned.

Today he resigned as leader of the Progressive Conservatives party of Ontario.

I listened to the radio and found out that he was chairman of Rogers Cable TV and turned the company around and he was involved with UNICEF a charity organization and he was instrumental in making it solid.

John Tory would make a lousy federal or provincial leader because he has two major flaws and that is that he is too honest and he cares about people too much.

John Tory ran for mayor of Toronto and lost to the present Mayor Miller and if John were to run for Mayor of Toronto he would win hands down.

As for mayor Miller he should join the Mendelssohn Choir because he sang a good happy birthday tune to Toronto’s 175th birthday on TV.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I agree that if Tory ran for mayor against Miller in the next Toronto election, he would win hands down. Miller has no competition now...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That was a fairly objective post, coming from someone that uses the terms "Blood thirsty" and "Fascist" to describe the Federal Conservative party. While sporting an avatar of the only man in Canadian to suspend the rights of Canadians.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Harper is a constant reminder of Common Sense. Victoria Haliburton's MLA quit in his disgust with the Harris regime. A Tory is a Tory is a Tory. Perhaps if his name had been Scott?

Bill was a Tory ... and my friend

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I think Tory was a decent man, an honest politician. To bad the last election he didn’t have a chance. McGuinty has just turned around the Ontario economy, after the Mike Harris disaster, he had converted 6 billion $ Conservative deficit (fraudulent proclaimed to be 2 billion $ during the election campaign) into a surplus and people decided to reward McGuinty with a second back to back majority.

Tory’s nutty proposal of funding all the private schools (including Fundamentalist Islamic Madrasaas) didn’t help.

But come next election, if McGuinty had made a royal mess of the economy, I would seriously have considered voting for John Tory. Now it depends upon who the next leader is.