Protectionism or no protectionism

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Are you for or against protectionism and why?

How can a worker in Flint, Michigan or Windsor, ON compete with the wages paid in India or China...???? That's the big problem with global trade. North America is the most desirous consumer market in the world.

Why should we be the dumping grounds for countries who won't reciprocate?

Modern day warfare is now economic warfare.... Why should I give my hard earned Canadian dollars to Asia, China, Russia, India? Better to put my money back into North America...

IF or WHEN another 9-11 crisis hits North America it will NOT be Toyota, Honda, Sony or Panasonc who will be stepping in to assist us...

Well, now that we're in the middle of another depression scenario, we can judge for ourselves. Global trade is already collapsing. Japan, for example, which is an export-led economy, is now pretty much in Depression. It's manufacturing output has almost completely collapsed.

The global economy is already unravelling.

We need to be awake to the tricks of the Globalisers who will try and use "Protectionism" to distract from their own failure. They were the ones who freed up the capital markets and gave the multinationals the freedom to hold entire nations to ransom and threaten to shift good jobs abroad.

Protectionism is about governments reasserting control and fair trade.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Protectionism is what transformed a recession into the Great Depression. Are we to repeat the same mistake today? We need to work through this together, not fight each other for what's left.