I will be suprised if Iggy votes against the Cons:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Listening to the news after super, I hear the low down on the buget and I hear Iggy's speech about how it's gonna be a close call and all the dismal failures the Cons have made thus far while in power, blah blah blah..... you guys probably know much about it now, if not, look it up, it should be fresh in the news online.

My prediction:

Iggy, although I have some respect for the guy and seems to have a good head on his shoulders, I believe he's going to do the Liberal thing.

To tuck his tail up his arse and fold...... vote for the Conservatives.

Why?

Let's look at the record shall we:

Previously with Dion, everytime the Conservatives pulled some stunt and thumbed their nose at everyone, they'd get on the cameras, put on a big tough face, b*tch about the Conservatives doing something that screwed them up and they're going to make sure things get done right...... The Liberals had a chance to hang the Conservatives by the balls, they instead ended up voted with them (Where they'd get back on camera and bicker about having little choice and has a few tid bits here and there they'd like to have) ...... Or they'd all walk out of the vote, avoid doing their jobs of representing the people who voted them into their jobs, and the Conservatives would win either way (Then go on camera and bicker about how it was so outragious, they didn't vote in protest or something stupid)

Iggy knows that at least the Conservatives tried their best, albeit lame and solves nothing when you look at the numbers......

For example, someone making 20-30 thou a year I think they said makes back, what?

$33??

And they want you to spend it to help the economy?

Yeah ok there buddy, don't spend it all in one place...... jeeezzzuzzz... :roll: Thanks a lot, I'll go buy..... um..... what the hell can I get for 33 bucks that's actually worth me getting off my ass to buy it?

?? Yeah some cheap Canadian vodka...... help out the local economy eh!

So Iggy's gonna make us sit it out and think about what he thinks we think if he thinks were thinking, he's thinking about putting the boots to the Cons for once and pull the big General 3-Star McGee and save Canada.

Nope.... He's gonna make it appear as a wise decision to do something to save the economy and thus the party votes for it and away we go with yet another Conservative joke fest while people try and figure out how the hell they're supposed to get into these programs and have enough money to live while trying to study and pay for books, transportation, etc.... for really not a whole hell of a lot if you ask me..... and I know the costs.... it's not cheap as everybody here should be aware themselves through their lives.

Like I said..... I'll be really suprised and may shat meself into my boots if Iggy pulls the Coalition Card and gives us a better option, if there is one..... but this sure doesn't seem like it.

Now that I hear the layout and plan, it's going to do nothing.... it's going to be a waste of money overall, we'll be sucked into a deficit which Harper blattered out of his mouth he would never put Canada through just months ago when everybody was saying we're in a world of sh*t Private Pyle!

But NNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! *Farts*

Everything was just fricking peachy wasn't it folks??

He had that dumb ass Evil smile you'd normally see on a Romulan in Star Trek full of two faced Bull Poop!! He told everybody to just stay calm..... .Don't listen to the rest of the other parties, DON'T LISTEN TO THE REST OF THE WORLD AS THEY ALL FREAK OUT!........

No..... we're all just cool..... they're no problem, they're all on those drugs you know? They've gone all loco....

Well.... we'll just see what happens

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Listening to the news after super, I hear the low down on the buget and I hear Iggy's speech about how it's gonna be a close call and all the dismal failures the Cons have made thus far while in power, blah blah blah..... you guys probably know much about it now, if not, look it up, it should be fresh in the news online.

My prediction:

Iggy, although I have some respect for the guy and seems to have a good head on his shoulders, I believe he's going to do the Liberal thing.

Why?

Previously with Dion, everytime the Conservatives pulled some stunt and thumbed their nose at everyone, they'd get on the cameras, put on a big tough face, b*tch about the Conservatives doing something that screwed them up and they're going to make sure things get done right...... The Liberals had a chance to hang the Conservatives by the balls, they instead ended up voted with them (Where they'd get back on camera and bicker about having little choice and has a few tid bits here and there they'd like to have) ...... Or they'd all walk out of the vote, avoid doing their jobs of representing the people who voted them into their jobs, and the Conservatives would win either way (Then go on camera and bicker about how it was so outragious, they didn't vote in protest or something stupid)

Iggy knows that at least the Conservatives tried their best, albeit lame and solves nothing when you look at the numbers......

For example, someone making 20-30 thou a year I think they said makes back, what?

$33??

Yeah ok there buddy, don't spend it all in one place...... jeeezzzuzzz... :roll: Thanks a lot, I'll go buy..... um..... what the hell can I get for 33 bucks that's actually worth me getting off my ass to buy it?

So Iggy's gonna make us sit it out and think about what he thinks we think if he thinks were thinking, he's thinking about putting the boots to the Cons for once and pull the big General 3-Star McGee and save Canada.

Nope.... He's gonna make it appear as a wise decision to do something to save the economy and thus the party votes for it and away we go with yet another Conservative joke fest while people try and figure out how the hell they're supposed to get into these programs and have enough money to live while trying to study and pay for books, transportation, etc.... for really not a whole hell of a lot if you ask me..... and I know the costs.... it's not cheap as everybody here should be aware themselves through their lives.

Like I said..... I'll be really suprised and may shat meself into my boots if Iggy pulls the Coalition Card and gives us a better option, if there is one..... but this sure doesn't seem like it.

Now that I hear the layout and plan, it's going to do nothing.... it's going to be a waste of money overall, we'll be sucked into a deficit which Harper blattered out of his mouth he would never put Canada through just months ago when everybody was saying we're in a world of sh*t Private Pyle!

He had that dumb ass Evil smile you'd normally see on a Romulan in Star Trek full of two faced Bull Poop!! He told everybody to just stay calm..... .Don't listen to the rest of the other parties, DON'T LISTEN TO THE REST OF THE WORLD AS THEY ALL FREAK OUT!........

No..... we're all just cool..... they're no problem, they're all on those drugs you know? They've gone all loco....

.............................................................................................

Well,
While I agree with virtually none of your arguments I agree with your bottom line.

No he probably won't vote against this budget.

There are many reasons why.

Its a political budget that shotguns spending from stem to stern.
That makes it extremely difficult to run against.
After all everyone, and that includes the neighbor's dog was consulted.

Harper is melting down, slowly but surely, why interrupt the process?

Polling shows Count Iggy is moving up, why not continue to run with that?

Why get sucked into weird coup d'etat, menage a'trois thing with losers who will never deserve to sit in the big persons section.
Why not wait and get all the marbles for yourself ?

The Lib's fund raising efforts to date have been absolutely pathetic.
These guys can't even afford to smell the coffee.
Count Iggy shows signs of attracting money.
Why nip it in the bud?

It's Iggy's to take and Harper's to lose.
Harper is making mistakes.
Why not just hang out, pick your shots and wait for nature to unfold?

Trex

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Bloc wants to distance itself from the Coalition (don't want a Sovereignist
voter base to think they've gone Federalist), and the Liberals are way too broke
to want an election any time soon, and the Canadian public through opinion polls
have shown the Coalition isn't wanted by a huge percentage of the population.

This Budget could have contained almost anything, and the Liberals after careful
consideration, would reluctantly accept it tomorrow. They just can't afford not to
at this time. Now once they fund raise (HUGELY), we'll see an election....but that
is a long ways off. They'll grumble about a few parts (this should have been a bit
more, or that should have been a bit less sort of thing) but they'll accept it.

At this point, only Jack Layton wants anything to do with this Coalition. Oh well...

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Well sounds like Iggy is trying to get complicated on the situation:

Not tipping his hand, Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff reacts equivocally to Tuesday's budget in the foyer of the House of Commons.

Ignatieff mum on budget; verdict due at 11 a.m. ET
Ignatieff mum on budget; verdict due at 11 a.m. ET

Opposition Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff was keeping his own counsel early Wednesday as Ottawa awaited his 11 a.m. ET verdict on the federal budget and, by extension, the fate of the Conservative government and the shape of Canada's response to a worldwide economic slump.

With the NDP and the Bloc Québécois set to vote against the government, Ignatieff and his Liberals will decide whether the budget passes — possibly with Liberal amendments — or the country heads toward a Liberal-NDP coalition or an election.
The CBC's Margo McDiarmid, reporting from Ottawa, said it all comes down to Ignatieff, who declared after the budget was tabled Tuesday that he wanted to read it and sleep on it.

"But I have to tell you that the Liberals did have a caucus meeting last night," she said, "and some of them said, 'Well, you know, this is not a slam dunk. We're not going to necessarily, automatically support this budget.'"

For his part, Ignatieff kept things vague, telling CBC News there were things he liked about the budget and things he didn't.

"My concerns about the budget are: Have they underestimated the seriousness of the crisis? That affects all the numbers. If they make that judgment wrong, pretty well everything goes south, including the deficit projections," he said.

"Secondly, have they done enough for the unemployed? We’re very preoccupied and worried that unemployment is going to rise sharply. [Are] the EI [employment insurance] changes sufficient to deal with that crisis?"

"And the other issue, obviously, is the infrastructure side. Infrastructure is key to stimulus. Are they going to get the money out the door?"

A senior Liberal told the Canadian Press it's unlikely Ignatieff will support the budget without changes and will likely be looking for more concessions from the Conservative government. Finance Minister Jim Flaherty has not yet commented on whether he's willing to change elements of the budget.

Flaherty's budget promises billions of dollars in new spending — ranging from money for infrastructure projects to aid for worker training and cash for more EI benefits — to help the country ride out the economic downturn. His financial plan predicts years of big deficits.

Ready to listen, Flaherty says

Interviewed Wednesday morning at a doughnut shop in his hometown of Whitby, Ont., Flaherty said he was in the dark about what budget changes, if any, the Liberals might demand.

"If there are useful suggestions from opposition parties, of course we will look at them," he told CBC News. "That's normal in a time of serious economic recession."

Oh but it wasn't normal a couple of months ago?

Idiots......

But he also said, "I certainly would not look at changing the focus of the document. We care about people; we're doing the EI amendments; we're going to retrain people; we're going to invest in infrastructure; we're going to take care of the important sectors of our economy that need taking care of; and we're going to protect access to financing. None of that's going to change."

Blah blah blah, we care so much, we really love you..... I ought'a *clinches fist* Oh Boyo'you'betcha I by jeezuz friggin gonna smack you, you two face jezzerrrusss frigger fricking monkey poop! *shakes fist*

One of these Days! One of these Days!

POW ZOOM Straight to the Moon!

The NDP and Bloc Québécois said Tuesday they would not support the budget.

"It's very clear it doesn't help the most vulnerable. It's going to leave a lot of people behind, especially those unemployed," NDP Leader Jack Layton said.

Bloc Leader Gilles Duceppe criticized the budget for not including enough for pay equity, the environment, seniors, social housing or lower-income families. "Obviously, we will not support that budget," he told reporters.

As well they shouldn't.

If the vote for the Budget, the conservatives live on as minority leaders and we're stuck sucking in a plan that won't work and throw us into a deficite for nothing, those who lost their jobs have nothing to help them out, there's very little for maintaining the current jobs, and they can toss a bore all they want to new education, but it will never be enough if you already lost your job and have a family to feed......

..... exactly how the hell do they expect people to pull that off?

If they don't vote for the budget, we could go into an election where some predict we will still have a Conservative government..... then be stuck with the same budget as before with even more time and money and jobs wasted.

Or they don't vote for the budget, they present their plans of Coalition to the gov general along with their proposed plans for a better budget that will cover more, better and get this show on the damn road. I ain't keen on a Coalition anymore then the next person, but considering the alternatives of getting nowhere fast, I'm for it.

Not to mention my other link in regards to Harper being found out trying to d*ck around with equalization payments to provinces..... something that has been fought and somewhat won over a number of years, now being clawed away yet again by that greedy two-faced bastard Harper.

If This budget gets passed, it'll be a simple sign of what is to come for us in Canada...... More of the same.... which means bend over and get ready for another couple of years of being F'k'd over.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Praxius, if you look around the world, the economy is in the crapper. Get your head out of the sand. Its gunna take a few years of deficit budgets to stimulate the econoimy out of the funk its in... Other world economic powers are doing the same.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Praxius, if you look around the world, the economy is in the crapper. Get your head out of the sand. Its gunna take a few years of deficit budgets to stimulate the econoimy out of the funk its in... Other world economic powers are doing the same.

And in fairness, get your head out of the sand. Alot of world governments, having seen this coming (there are always recessions in the economy) save money in the good times to spend in the bad.

Thats the whole point of having someone to manage the economy. Harper dumped all that money (admitantly, back into the economy) when things were going well.

I mean seriously he ran on the platform he knew how to run the economy, but he failed to do the primary task associated with managing the economy, preparing for the bad times. That was even his excuse for why things are going bad "We could not have forseen this".

THATS YOUR JOB! thats like an insurance broker telling you they don't have money for your claim, because they couldn't forsee you getting in an accident since you were such a good driver. Thats all they are paid for for crying out loud.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

My prediction:

Why?

$33??

Yeah, I think he knows better. Who but an abject friggin' imbecile is going to go along with a "coalition" part of which is the Bloc- at least anyone outside of Quebec?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Yeah, I think he knows better. Who but an abject friggin' imbecile is going to go along with a "coalition" part of which is the Bloc- at least anyone outside of Quebec?

You mean like Harper? When he tried to set the exact same thing up when it was Martin's Minority Government?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

It should be apparent that my head isn't in the sand, since obviously I and many other sources are telling people like you that this stupid ass budget isn't going to do a thing..... we might as well do nothing and it'd still be better then this half assed plan.

Others are doing the same and I have been saying we need to do this for a long time now..... but this isn't the way to do it and it is yet again another one of Harpers lame parlor tricks at our expense.

Get me head out of the sand?

Get a clue.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
And in fairness, get your head out of the sand. Alot of world governments, having seen this coming (there are always recessions in the economy) save money in the good times to spend in the bad.

Thats the whole point of having someone to manage the economy. Harper dumped all that money (admitantly, back into the economy) when things were going well.

I mean seriously he ran on the platform he knew how to run the economy, but he failed to do the primary task associated with managing the economy, preparing for the bad times. That was even his excuse for why things are going bad "We could not have forseen this".

THATS YOUR JOB! thats like an insurance broker telling you they don't have money for your claim, because they couldn't forsee you getting in an accident since you were such a good driver. Thats all they are paid for for crying out loud.

Exactly and the plan he's giving us all now is a fluffed up piece of crap.

OoOoooo.... and extension on EI benifits? That's just great..... now where are the jobs to get off of EI?

Giving grants to people to start building on their homes? Great..... now where are the jobs for people to afford to do this? That's great for the rich people who arn't suffering from this mess to fancy up their homes more.... what about the people who are renting their homes.... who are losing their homes?

Incentives to go back to college to learn a new trade? Great.... now where is the rest of the money these people without work need in order to complete those courses and not rack up the national student debt?

It's more of the same.... a couple of bones thrown with a few sprinkles of bacon bits to make it look luxury, all the while they keep sucking more money from us, put us into a deficit and gain nothing when it's all said and done.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

I would. I also know a few others who would. It ain't pretty, but we'd have a better chance at getting the right things done faster and when it's all said and done, call an election..... just get something done and done right for once is all I ask of our government.

Youd' think that'd be a simple task.

Last edited:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
And Hurray! He does back down!

I think that Mercer Video should be played every election.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
And Hurray! He does back down!

I think that Mercer Video should be played every election.

Yeah well....it's not like we didn't know this in advance. The provision of having
three 'report cards' per year as a confidence motion allows the Liberal Party to
fund raise until they think they can eventually afford to go to an election, and that
isn't any time soon.