Three more in body bags

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
One Friday, two yesterday.

Harpo gives us 3 more just in time for New Years.

By all means, let's stay to 2011 and beyond.

Such fun.

:angry3:

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Harper couldn`t care less.
Expect the all too familiar and hollow `condolences` from the US ass-licker and in the same breath, going on about how `important` our mission is.

Same applys to that 4-eyed military spokesman we comonly see just after the latest deaths, mumbling a phrase or two...basicly summing up the unlucky bastard`s lives in a 2 minute segment on CBC...duh, he loved his children, duh this is what he loved in life, duh we must carry on what he died for. Then those annoying bag-pipes while loading the latest human cargo aboard a plane heading back home for the now infamous ride along Canada`s Highway Of Death.

I wonder will they try and combine the latest 3 for that ride, for convenience sake...or postpone the spectacle till a later date?
After all, it is the holiday season.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ladies and Gentlemen: Might I point out that Harper did NOT send us to Afghanistan? Nor did he choose the mission.

Jean Chretien sent us to Afghanistan, after he had dithered so long the only mission left was the most dangerous one.

Might I also add that the mission is the result of Canada's membership in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, a mutual defence treaty, and also North American mutual defence treaties. We are in Afghanistan fulfilling our obligation to our allies.........to treaties that have kept us safe and secure for over 60 years.

And while I'm at it, might I point out to the Internationalists among that the mission is approved by your beloved United Nations........

And that if we let the damned Islamo-fascists have the territory back, they will once again set up training camps, places to organize, plan train, collect money and material, take in trainees from the world over.......and then you'll sooner or later have a IED on Yonge Street......who will you blame then?

Oh....silly question.....:roll:

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario
And that if we let the damned Islamo-fascists have the territory back, they will once again set up training camps, places to organize, plan train, collect money and material, take in trainees from the world over.......and then you'll sooner or later have a IED on Yonge Street......who will you blame then?

First off - this is a bunch of garbage. Afganistan never attacked us - and even offered to get Osama FOR the US - but they wanted to go and in get him. Also, every terror attack from 9/11 to the London bombing were done by "homegrown" terrorists - not from Afganistan.

Secondly - unless we are willing to fight this war in order to win it, then we should get out. There is only one way to win a war - kill everyone. How did we win WW2? We fire bombed Germany and nuked Japan until they knew that we would kill every last German and Japanese solider, civilian, man, woman and child. Only then did they surrender. (BTW - this was the last war that the West won. Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afganistan - we have pulled our punches in all of these wars, and have lost or are losing every single one)

I am not saying we should do this - I am saying that we need to choose to either win and end this war, or get out. All we are doing now is wasting time, money and lives.

Personally, I say get out.

PS - I agree this mess falls on Chrieten's lap. Luckily Harpo wasn't in, cause we'd be in Iraq too.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Ladies and Gentlemen: Might I point out that Harper did NOT send us to Afghanistan? Nor did he choose the mission.

Jean Chretien sent us to Afghanistan, after he had dithered so long the only mission left was the most dangerous one.

Might I also add that the mission is the result of Canada's membership in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, a mutual defence treaty, and also North American mutual defence treaties. We are in Afghanistan fulfilling our obligation to our allies.........to treaties that have kept us safe and secure for over 60 years.

And while I'm at it, might I point out to the Internationalists among that the mission is approved by your beloved United Nations........

As a NATO member we should have the right to request an independent enquiry into 911 to verify that we are there for the right reasons. It should have been ordered by the US herself as soon as somebody expressed doubts about the official version.
The UN should also be able to DEMAND an independent investigation just to protect themselves so the world at large knows they are not an American lapdog.

BTW who has ever indicated they would like to invade Canada? NATO members might have to train their weapons on a fellow member country if that country starts acting illegally, a false-flag operation would certainly qualify.

"damned Islamo-fascists" is a racist remark BTW. "Death to Hamas" is hate speech BTW. Don't complain when similar terms are used against your beloved heroes.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
One Friday, two yesterday.

Harpo gives us 3 more just in time for New Years.

By all means, let's stay to 2011 and beyond.

Such fun.

:angry3:

Unfortunatly Sh*t happens, and it will keep on happening too..... when you are at war, expect to have a few dead. Bombs and bullets have a tendancy of doing that to people from time to time.

Do you expect that this will be the last dead we get until 2011? Do you think we can fight so perfectly?

Or should we quit and pull out now because these three individuals were the limit of how many we're willing to lose?

This war sucks, the reasons for it being created suck, some of our ally's tactics over there suck, (actually most) and having troops being killed for it suck....... but we're in it until 2011, and we're just going to have to deal with it until then.

When 2011 comes around and if some idiots in our government decide to allow themselves to be pressured by others to stay even longer, by all means, unleash the demon all over the place and make it known you don't agree with that plan.

I'm not even happy that it was extended until 2011 as it is, but it was.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Well. Mr. Manley, are you and your "independent" committee satisfied with the outcome of your report?

Another casualty of this futile war is Manley's political ambitions in this millennium!