Who's the next Conservative Leader

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
After the gov't falls and the Conservatives tire of Harpers bungling ways, who do you think will be in line to be the next leader of the Conservatives? MacKay? Prentice?

It will be hard to pick as "the bench" is a 'tad thin. Ther are no real "up-and-comers" nor anyone with any leadership skills

Do they stick with Harper and sink into oblivion?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I suppose Mickey Mouse is busy.....
Doesn't look like a particularly hard job. Sit around and scowl a people....Hell, I can do that....:roll:

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I suppose Mickey Mouse is busy.....
Doesn't look like a particularly hard job. Sit around and scowl a people....Hell, I can do that....:roll:

Go for it. Your right, it can't be that hard, although... you do have to be able to do the Canadian "Uncle Sam" thing with your finger

informal poll : two votes for Juan

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Well we've had Tweedle Dee so maybe it's time to give Tweedle Dum a try?

That's the norm isn't it? I wouldn't want to break with tradition.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Go for it. Your right, it can't be that hard, although... you do have to be able to do the Canadian "Uncle Sam" thing with your finger

informal poll : two votes for Juan

Unkle Sam? I thought that was Smokey the Bear...."Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires". I could be wrong....:roll::smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
After the gov't falls and the Conservatives tire of Harpers bungling ways, who do you think will be in line to be the next leader of the Conservatives? MacKay? Prentice?

It will be hard to pick as "the bench" is a 'tad thin. Ther are no real "up-and-comers" nor anyone with any leadership skills

Do they stick with Harper and sink into oblivion?

I'm thinking STockboy Day...............8O

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Well we've had Tweedle Dee so maybe it's time to give Tweedle Dum a try?

That's the norm isn't it? I wouldn't want to break with tradition.

ooh, ooh, over here!!! :wave: me, me, me! pick me!

I'll be tweedle Dum!!! I would make a great Conservative leader, being a "foaming-at-the-mouth fundy" and all!!!:lol::lol::lol:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Just an observation an personal opinion.

Dion is a really lame duck and others that could do the job well, do not seem to want it or are having second thoughts.

Let us cut to the chase:

Give the job to Justin Trudeau.

regs
scratch

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Trudeau does not have the political experience to run this country, that would be akin to Ben Mulroney running the country... but he hosts Canadian Idol, thats gotta count for something

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
He may not have the experience but he has the savvy. IMO this problem needs a new face and new blood and he has all of those things.

Personal observation/opinion

regards
scratch

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
He may not have the experience but he has the savvy. IMO this problem needs a new face and new blood and he has all of those things.

Personal observation/opinion

regards
scratch

Savvy is nothing, a pretty face and wit doesn't give you credentials to run a country. He needs a few years as an MP before he can make that sort of leap.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Tories stand by their man, poll shows

By CHRISTINA SPENCER
Last Updated: 4th December 2008, 2:34am
Half of Canadians think Stephen Harper should step down if the Conservatives are defeated in the House of Commons.

But that seemingly bleak number in a new Leger Marketing poll doesn't tell the entire story.
About 37% of those asked said Harper should stay, and this mirrors the approximate support Canadians gave the Tories and their leader in the Oct. 14 election, says Leger vice-president Dave Scholz.
Among identified Conservative voters, only 16% feel he should step down in the event of his party's defeat, the poll shows.
"It's a pretty strong endorsement for him of people who voted or traditionally vote Conservative," Scholz said.
The Tories are also still seen as the party best able to deal with the economic crisis, the poll shows. Thirty-four percent favoured the Conservatives, while just 14% thought the Liberals would handle the crisis better, and only 7% endorsed the NDP. Eighteen percent of those asked thought a Liberal-NDP coalition would handle things better than any of the opposition parties on their own.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Maybe they could put all the partisan issues aside for three months and just work on the economic crisis. THEN the populace may have a better view of Harper and you never know.... He may grow up>

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
After watching the 10 minutes that Stevie could spare last night. The conclusions were - He has to go.

I have never seen him speak in such a used=car-salesman type of pleading, begging tone. For someone who has "zero" personality, he just couldn't pull it off.

People have lost any respect for him and no matter what government we end up with, it can't be any worse than a Harper led minority