Ralph Nader coming to Canada!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Nader......The guy that helped give us G.W. Bush for a second term..........I wouldn't walk across the street to listen to Nader.

Clinton on the other hand, is one of the best speakers in American politics.

Tyler

Oct 3, 2008
Mississauga
www.blables.com
Thanks for the reply guys.

missile: where will Bill Clinton be going to?? I'd love to hear him talk, too.

juan: i agree Clinton is one of the best speakers in American politics. However, being extremely eloquent and persuasive does not correlate on how morale he is and how much he really cares about the nation's interests.

on the other hand, those who keeps whining about Nader giving GW a second term is hopelessly devoted to the two-party system, and not giving enough credit to the intelligence of the nation's voters.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Nader......The guy that helped give us G.W. Bush for a second term..........I wouldn't walk across the street to listen to Nader.

Clinton on the other hand, is one of the best speakers in American politics.

I would blame him more for giving Bush his first term. John Kerry was a moron and may be our new Secretary of State. Oh brother...please help us if he is.

Perot helped Clinton beat GW Sr. All's fair.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

juan: i agree Clinton is one of the best speakers in American politics. However, being extremely eloquent and persuasive does not correlate on how morale he is and how much he really cares about the nation's interests. Bill Clinton, regardless whatever else he was, He balanced the books and built up a surplus. He obviously cared about the country. The morality of his private life is none of our business

on the other hand, those who keeps whining about Nader giving GW a second term is hopelessly devoted to the two-party system, and not giving enough credit to the intelligence of the nation's voters.
I think it is a fair comment that Nader couldn't get elected himself but he could certainly ruin it for Gore.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think it is a fair comment that Nader couldn't get elected himself but he could certainly ruin it for Gore.

Nadar absolutley ruined it for Gore. But Kerry...he's just a dope. We had the most unpopular seated President and Kerry still couldn't beat him. That shows you how much our nation thought of Kerry.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

juan: i agree Clinton is one of the best speakers in American politics. However, being extremely eloquent and persuasive does not correlate on how morale he is and how much he really cares about the nation's interests.

The trouble was the nation's voters had no intelligence...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Nadar absolutley ruined it for Gore. But Kerry...he's just a dope. We had the most unpopular seated President and Kerry still couldn't beat him. That shows you how much our nation thought of Kerry.

Here's another thing: I was in love with the latest of the Corvair Monza Spyder Turbo. Along trips Nader with his stupid book: "Unsafe at any speed" and GM folded up and cancelled one of the best cars they ever built.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Here's another thing: I was in love with the latest of the Corvair Monza Spyder Turbo. Along trips Nader with his stupid book: "Unsafe at any speed" and GM folded up and cancelled one of the best cars they ever built.

Juan, I agree with you completely on this one. That was a great car!

Tyler

Oct 3, 2008
Mississauga
www.blables.com
Juan: " Bill Clinton, regardless whatever else he was, He balanced the books and built up a surplus. He obviously cared about the country. The morality of his private life is none of our business."

I suppose economically, he was good for the nation. I don't dispute that. However, he was also authorized military attack on Iraq. This was before 9/11, mind you. Dropping bombs on villages. His firm stance on the death penalty, which put many innocent people on death row. I wasn't referring to his morale on personal life. I couldn't care less about his interns.

Remember Hitler was also good for Germany, but was he good for the world?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Nice car, but did you really feel safe in it?

Believe it or not, the Corvair started out with almost the same suspension as the VW Beetle, swing axles and all, and that is what Nader was bitching about. That swing axle set-up didn't seem to hurt VW. Nader made a name for himself with his dopey book that was full of technical errors. In any case, the Corvair had a new suspension before the book came out and GM should have sued Nader.

The early Corvairs, if pushed to the limit through a bumpy corner, they could be a handful, just like the VW Beetle. How many Beetles were made??????

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nice car, but did you really feel safe in it?

My oldest Brother STILL drives one. With its Mid-Engine and rear wheel drive and the fact that
from the front bumper to the back of the passenger compartment it's built like a big toboggan,
the Corvair deals with prairie winters like very few two wheel drive cars ever made. In very
deep snow the front wheels may barely touch the road, but act like the ski's on a skidoo for
steering....and having the weight of the engine over over the rear drive wheels really keeps
you moving. You wouldn't BELIEVE where you can go in the snow with a Corvair.

Being a Mid-Engine car and driving it out on the highway, the engine noise is almost non-existant.

I feel very safe in a Corvair myself. In a front end collision, there's not a motor to come
through the firewall and crush your legs. To each their own though...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My oldest Brother STILL drives one. With its Mid-Engine and rear wheel drive and the fact that
from the front bumper to the back of the passenger compartment it's built like a big toboggan,
the Corvair deals with prairie winters like very few two wheel drive cars ever made. In very
deep snow the front wheels may barely touch the road, but act like the ski's on a skidoo for
steering....and having the weight of the engine over over the rear drive wheels really keeps
you moving. You wouldn't BELIEVE where you can go in the snow with a Corvair.

Being a Mid-Engine car and driving it out on the highway, the engine noise is almost non-existant.

I feel very safe in a Corvair myself. In a front end collision, there's not a motor to come
through the firewall and crush your legs. To each their own though...

Exactly Ron. It was better than mid engine.. The engine was hung behind the rear axles like a Volkswagen. They were like a tractor in snow

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Exactly Ron. It was better than mid engine.. The engine was hung behind the rear axles like a Volkswagen. They were like a tractor in snow
I can recall a friend of mine putting a corvair engine in a VW years ago. It went like a bat out of hell...