Obama To Harper Its Payback Time

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Politicians who try to affect change in other countries election will usually have to pay for it later.

Prime Minister Harper must be wondering what the new President elect Obama has in store for him.

What wrath will Canadians have to bear because our Prime Minister’s staff in the Canadian embassy in America was involved of a leaking of a top-secret document that portrayed the new President of the United States in a negative light?

I have a feeling that NAFTA will be on the chopping block or will be severely gutted.

Harper will have to take responsibility and he better pray a lot so that President Obama’s heart can be softened or he will have to endure the biggest bitch slap in Canadian history.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I doubt very much Obama is that petty or immature. He will do what he thinks is best for the USA. If that means getting rid of NAFTA then he will do it.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Liberalman....the loose lips where in Obama's own camp, and they where about
NAFTA being on the chopping block.

So in your twisted logic, you think Obama might punish Canada because someone
in Obama's own camp leaked that Obama was making noise about gutting NAFTA,
and the punishment would be that he guts NAFTA??? What are you fishing for???

You think Harper should take responsibility for loose lips in Obama's own camp, so
Harper better hope that Obama's heart can be softened so Canada doesn't get the
biggest bitch slap in its history?

Liberalman....do you even read what you write yourself? You are a sore loser. Get
over it already.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So Obama would lower himself to petty revenge would he? Doesn't sound like the righteous forgiving world leader everyone's made him out to be. Hell maybe you're right and we'll see him become a petty bickering arrogant Liberal,,,, But I doubt it. He seems a better man than that.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
So Obama would lower himself to petty revenge would he? Doesn't sound like the righteous forgiving world leader everyone's made him out to be. Hell maybe you're right and we'll see him become a petty bickering arrogant Liberal,,,, But I doubt it. He seems a better man than that.

Never trust a sitting or in-coming president when it comes to Canada!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Even if any of the above was true, who gives a sh*t about NAFTA? Like it's done any good except allow more US companies to buy out our own industries.

Case in point: May from the Green party brough up in our election Trenton Works.... which was pretty much the last decent source of employment in Trenton NS. When NAFTA came out, the factory was quickly bought out by a US company...... since then jobs have gradually dropped and dropped year by year. Last I checked, I believe just this past year the company went tits up and everybody lost their jobs..... I used to think Trenton was a ghost town growing up.... I don't know wtf you'd call it now. An apocalyptic wasteland?

Trenton Works.... has been around since 1872.

.... Greenbrier took over TrentonWorks in 1995. Over the years, the plant became less competitive as the Canadian dollar climbed. It also had to compete with Greenbrier's railcar plant in Mexico, where wages are $3 an hour compared to $19 in Trenton, according to union estimates.

TrentonWorks railcar plant to close

^ All due to numbers and money to these bastards.... a guy from the US who bought out another rail company in Mexico which was a hell of a lot cheaper.... people put their trust in this ass to keep the place going, he squandered the marketing and the company got less competitive then in the past, and less orders came in..... then since the plant in Mexico only pays their employees $3 an hour, it was simple money and profit for this jerkwad and he shut the place down.... screw the town, screw the people who depended on that money, screw the fact that the plant has been around 136 years...... he had no connection or care for the people living in this community which isn't a part of his country.

And I know this isn't just the US's fault, but it's the fault of this stupid NAFTA agreement we all got suckered into. People are losing jobs in Mexico, the US and Canada for reasons that never existed prior to NAFTA.

If Obama trashes NAFTA, I say good.... we all did pretty well for ourselves before NAFTA, we'll do pretty well for ourselves after NAFTA.

I won't be shedding any tears.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Even if any of the above was true, who gives a sh*t about NAFTA? Like it's done any good except allow more US companies to buy out our own industries.

Case in point: May from the Green party brough up in our election Trenton Works.... which was pretty much the last decent source of employment in Trenton NS. When NAFTA came out, the factory was quickly bought out by a US company...... since then jobs have gradually dropped and dropped year by year. Last I checked, I believe just this past year the company went tits up and everybody lost their jobs..... I used to think Trenton was a ghost town growing up.... I don't know wtf you'd call it now. An apocalyptic wasteland?

Trenton Works.... has been around since 1872.

TrentonWorks railcar plant to close

^ All due to numbers and money to these bastards.... a guy from the US who bought out another rail company in Mexico which was a hell of a lot cheaper.... people put their trust in this ass to keep the place going, he squandered the marketing and the company got less competitive then in the past, and less orders came in..... then since the plant in Mexico only pays their employees $3 an hour, it was simple money and profit for this jerkwad and he shut the place down.... screw the town, screw the people who depended on that money, screw the fact that the plant has been around 136 years...... he had no connection or care for the people living in this community which isn't a part of his country.

And I know this isn't just the US's fault, but it's the fault of this stupid NAFTA agreement we all got suckered into. People are losing jobs in Mexico, the US and Canada for reasons that never existed prior to NAFTA.

If Obama trashes NAFTA, I say good.... we all did pretty well for ourselves before NAFTA, we'll do pretty well for ourselves after NAFTA.

I won't be shedding any tears.

Prax very well put. Yet time will tell. Erasure of NAFTA could mean NAU. Would that serve us any better?
regs,
scratch

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Obama talked about chopping Nafta (as did hillary) long before Harper leaked anything.

Harper then "bitch slapped" them both by telling them to go ahead and try it. Cause they aren't getting cheap oil without Nafta and with the crappy US dollar Canada is losing manufacture anyways.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Prax very well put. Yet time will tell. Erasure of NAFTA could mean NAU. Would that serve us any better?
regs,
scratch

NAFTA and the NAU would have the exact same results of forign companies buying out jobs, plants and other companies from other countries within the NAU.... it wouldn't do anything better, it's just be a bigger NAFTA, which means bigger problems.

Put many in the US, Mexico and Canada to the vote on this decision of the NAU and you'll see a grand majority opposing it. Even if our governments attempted to do this without our approval (Mex, US, Can) ~ You can very well expect sh*t to fly.

Want to know what the NAU would look like in the future? Take a look at what happened to Atlantic Canada to the rest of Canada. All the money, jobs and development goes out west..... all our jobs, companies, residents and workers head out west because that's there the jobs are.... population and development here drops.

NAU? The majority of the business, development and work goes to central US and Canada, everybody in each country would then have to migrate to where the jobs are, more towns, provinces and states become ghost towns, continually begging for money and development from the governments to keep workers and a life going..... like the maritimes, they'll get cents and lint, while a few keep getting richer/bigger.... and just like today, while the overall GDP increases, it's skewed by the increase in a few provinces and states, while ignoring the main issues of those that need a lot of work and development.

But then again, that's capitalism for ya.... and a totally different subject.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think Canada will be just fine. I think Obama is going to try to reach out to countries and try to change the US image world wide. JMO

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I am only here thanks to NAFTA, so I hope it doesn't get gutted. I doubt it will though. They actually just changed the laws to make NAFTA work permits like mine good for 3 years instead of 1. Obama is nothing if not a pragmatist.