More income tax or more user-pay?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Do you think we should transfer some income tax to user-pay (i.e., we lower income taxes, perhaps even considerably) while increasing taxes on social undesirables?

Here would be some examples of what user-pay might entail:

Cigarettes and alcohol would be taxed more with the proceeds going to medical treatment, AA, etc.

Natural resource taxes would rise to counter pollution and to protect ecology.

Taxes on meat to fight animal cruelty.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with the poll option, so I'll just do it here.

Should we shift from income tax to user pay?

1. Yes. Why should I pay for others' negligence?

2. No. I'd be paying taxes through my nostrils on cigarettes, alcohol, gas for my Hummer, etc., while my goodie goodie Catholic school boyscout neighbour would pay little by way of taxes. Not fair.

3. Other answer.

I would personally vote for 1 above.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Do you think we should transfer some income tax to user-pay (i.e., we lower income taxes, perhaps even considerably) while increasing taxes on social undesirables?

Here would be some examples of what user-pay might entail:

Cigarettes and alcohol would be taxed more with the proceeds going to medical treatment, AA, etc.

Natural resource taxes would rise to counter pollution and to protect ecology.

Taxes on meat to fight animal cruelty.

cigarettes and alcohol are already taxed heavily.

Natural resource taxes? Would that be like Dion's carbon tax? Well...considering Dion lost the last election and is stepping down from leader of the Liberal Party before they turf him...I guess you have your answer to that one.

Tax on meat to fight animal cruelty? ROFLMFAO

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Gerryh

It’s the same as when the conservatives lowered the GST but none of the businesses passed along the savings to the consumer.

It should all be income tax or all user pay.

When the special interest groups demand the government for our money and I mean those social special interest groups we have to pay.

The all income tax is cheaper because businesses would have a harder time gouging the government.

With all user pay the consumers would lose.

In Toronto years back the city government came up with the idea of user pay and the people loved the concept and more programs were converted to user pay, but city government never lowered the taxes they just kept on raising it so now you pay more for taxes and you have to pay for a lot of programs you use at an increased cost.

The city government at that time was Conservative based.

pablonite

Sep 28, 2008
Are you all operating in reality yet?

Your taxes go to service the debts we all owe to the international bankers thanks to politicians who sold us all out years ago. These debts are by design impossible to pay off since doing so would vaporize all of the currency in circulation. Money is debt when printed by the private bankers. There is nothing Federal about the Federal Reserve and the Bank of Canada now only creates a mere %2 of our money. Almost every other country in the world now has the central bank gun pointed at its head. The hour is late my friend, time to wake up!

All of this factual information is available on the internet, easily verified by multiple sources but by design missing from the conscience of the slaves wandering this earth asking ridiculous questions like...

Do you think we should transfer some income tax to user-pay?

So yes, your answer is number 3 in a way but you are really just operating in a left-right paradigm box created for your mind. Watch the Matrix again or something : )

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Gerryh

It’s the same as when the conservatives lowered the GST but none of the businesses passed along the savings to the consumer.

Ummmmmmmm...what savings would that be? It sounds to me like you have no idea how the GST works.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The total national debt is peanuts compared to the total national wealth. And even after shrinking from the highs of the last few years, Canada's trade surplus annualized is about 12% of the national debt. Our national debt has helped create the infrustructure allowing us to have a trade surplus, and the total return on our investment has been exceptional.

What is Canada's personal total wealth? Last I saw the average networth per Canadian was about 140,000, and each of us owed about 15,000 as our share of the national debt.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
So you see political violence, of which taxation is a form, and the attempt to normalize us i.e., homogenize us, into automatons for the "prosperity" of the state and "majority", as a legitimate endeavour? Not as a gross violation of our fundamental human rights!?!?!

Wow..

The nation state is a machine designed to limit rights, freedom and mobility by seeking to normalize us into a single conforming mass.

We should get rid of national government and get rid of the large nation state model. It undermines democracy and ignores local issues. It seeks to take power away from people and place it into the hands of the elite.

It should be smashed. F**k their taxes! F**k conformity!

We're humans not cattle.

Last edited: