NDP : 61
Bloc : 31
Green : 22

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is a tough call today. I think the biggest deciding factor today will be the people that
just don't vote. Voter apathy. The day after the long weekend. Ugly weather in my part
of the country. Harvest time at least out here...

I voted early this morning. At the polls at 7:35AM. It was a goat rodeo. By the time my
Son and I made it through three different people matching our ID against our pieces of
mail, against two different lists (one at the door and one at the box), and receiving our
ballots out of their little book, and someone recording (by hand) a number off our ballots,
it took 15 minutes for two people to vote. Admittedly, we where the first ones in the door
and the system was new....but there are millions of people that need to vote in a twelve
hour window today. If they don't get their act together very quickly, many people will
not even get to vote.

I think it's going to come down to which party can actually get the most people to actually
go and vote at all.

Cons 140
Libs 87
NDP 35
Bloc 45
Greens 1

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Conservatives: 106 seats
Liberals: 100 seats
NDP: 50 seats
Block: 51 seats
Green 1

The undecided vote is huge still, which may help the Liberals reach 100 seats….

mikemac

Nominee Member
Oct 13, 2008
Canada
That's a good idea for the future but for tonight I'm with Danny Williams, ABC, Anything But Conservative.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
That's a good idea for the future but for tonight I'm with Danny Williams, ABC, Anything But Conservative.

It won't be any more for the people with the Liberals mikemac , it will just be the same thing only smoother and less overtly fascist, but it will be the same. There are more liberal signatures on SPP agreements than Conservative. Anyway I whole heartedly agree it will be good to see the HarpoCons smashed and humiliated, yes indeed, I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray to the dark forces extra hard tonight. They've already lost seats in the Merrytimes.

Spocq

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2008
con - 132
lib - 74
bq - 46
ndp - 30
oth - 3

I will make a guess here and say conservatives will get a majority.

Spocq

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2008
well a stronger minority is enough for the conservatives to be able to do more of what they want.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The Liberals are getting creamed from what I have read on thestar.com . Time for the Liberals to find a new leader methinks.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
well a stronger minority is enough for the conservatives to be able to do more of what they want.

They will have no more power than they had before the election. Harper won't be able to ram anything down the throats of the majority of Canadians and that is a good thing.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ron Predicted..............CTV Say's..........Spread of:
Cons 140.....................144....................+4
Libs 87........................76......................-11
NDP 35.......................35......................0
Bloc 45........................50......................+5
Greens 1......................0........................-1
IND's 0........................2........................+2

I overestimated the Liberals, and underestimated the Bloc...and everyone but Walter underestimated the
Conservatives...I figured it would be a weird one and Walter must have had his fingers crossed on both hands.
I'd argue that my guestimation was the closest though with one mystery seat left to yet be counted.

Spocq

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2008
They will have no more power than they had before the election. Harper won't be able to ram anything down the throats of the majority of Canadians and that is a good thing.

That is nice to know :)
But it does sound like they have a stronger minority then they had, so they will probably be able to put more of their policies into play.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ron Predicted..............CTV Say's..........Spread of:
Cons 140.....................143....................+3
NDP 35.......................38......................+3
...............................182.....................+6

Libs 87........................75......................-12
Bloc 45........................50......................+5
Greens 1......................0........................-1
IND's 0........................2........................+2
...............................127......................-6

Can anyone picture an NDP-Conservative coalition.....seeing as Stephane Dion has made it VERY clear in the race that
he was not interested in any coalition with the NDP what-so-ever? Both for Cap&Trade, and can work with each other
on their stance on the oil sands...interesting. Jack Layton can have a coalition with someone, and can make his voice
heard with the constant threat to Steven Harper that he'll take his ball (and his 38 seats) and vote with the opposition...