McCain / Palin's final nail in their coffins:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin waves to supporters after a ribbon cutting ceremony at The Michael T. George Center, a community center for the disabled in North Olmsted, Ohio Friday, Oct. 10, 2008.
Alaska legislative panel: Palin abused authority
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...pergate_081010/20081010?s_name=uselection2008

A bipartisan legislative ethics committee investigating Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says that she unlawfully abused her position in the firing of the state's public safety commissioner.

The investigative report said that a family grudge was a contributing factor for firing former public safety commissioner Walter Monegan.

Monegan says he was fired as revenge for refusing to dismiss a state trooper who was undergoing a bitter divorce with Palin's sister.

"I feel vindicated," Monegan told reporters.

"It sounds like they've validated my belief and opinions. And that tells me I'm not totally out in left field."

Chief Investigator Stephen Branchflower found Palin to be in violation of a state ethics law prohibits public officials for using their office for personal gain.

"Governor Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda, to wit: To get Trooper Michael Wooten fired," the report said, which was released in part in Anchorage Friday evening.

Branchflower said Palin violated a statute of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act.

The Republican vice presidential nominee's supporters have questioned the timing of the report and call it politically motivated.

The governor says that Monegan was released for a legitimate dispute.

At a campaign stop in Ohio Thursday, Palin defended the firing.

"It's a governor's right and responsibility to make sure that they have the right people in the right place at the right time to best serve the people who hired them, and for me, the people of Alaska, so my cabinet's got to be the right cabinet for the people of Alaska," she said.

The nearly 300-page report did not recommend a criminal investigation or sanctions.

^ That's because a criminal investigation or sanctions won't be needed.... her screwing over her own and McCain's chances at winning the election now and thereby ruining any reputation and possibility to continue to be trusted is punishment enough if you ask me.

Of course this got my goat:

The Republican vice presidential nominee's supporters have questioned the timing of the report and call it politically motivated.

So what were they supposed to do? Hold off on this information so that she doesn't seem like a corrupt bi*ch until after the election and then tell everybody that she's a corrupt bi*ch when she's in one of the biggest positions of the country and nobody can do much about it?

It probably was politically motivated and for good reason..... she's running for vice president..... who the hell wants someone who's now known to have abused her position for personal reasons?

And how about McCain? He picked her as his running mate..... this certainly says a hell of a lot about his own decision making skills.

Game Over man.... you used up your three lives and two continues.... the only way they could possibly win now is to enter a cheat code for infinite lives and type God in the Console.

All I can do now is:

HAA HHAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! Palin you Moron! McCain you old dust fart!!!

BWAAAA HAAA HAAA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! You're so screwed!!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
McCain/Palin campaign seems to be coming off the rails.
He seems panicky, and is resorting to smutty silly stuff, and
he is avoiding important and real issues, and jumping back
and forth from one thing to another, there is no plan.
A terrible mistake picking her as running mate, seems to have
backfired for sure.
But you know, that doesn't mean he will lose, as the racial
problem is always there, and I can see american people overlooking
the much better candidate in 'Obama', and voting for McCain because
he is the white guy.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
McCain/Palin campaign seems to be coming off the rails.
He seems panicky, and is resorting to smutty silly stuff, and
he is avoiding important and real issues, and jumping back
and forth from one thing to another, there is no plan.
A terrible mistake picking her as running mate, seems to have
backfired for sure.
But you know, that doesn't mean he will lose, as the racial
problem is always there, and I can see american people overlooking
the much better candidate in 'Obama', and voting for McCain because
he is the white guy.

Oh very true..... and last night I seen footage of a Republican Rally on CNN where voters were basically yelling and pissed off at McCain for not pressing harder on Obama and making him look more like an evil guy then he should be doing. One guy asked how this could be happening where Obama is now leading......

I got an answer fer ya..... because the two you're backing are tools and perhaps most are starting to see exactly what Obama was saying all along....

That McCain and Palin are more of the same as Bush...... idiots who will only end up screwing the nation for at least another 4 years.

The US's overall situation has gone down the crapper in the last 8 years.... add 4 more years on top of that and it'll be in the sewage treatment facility.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
This could be a political ruse to get Palin to resign, not by the Democrats but by Republicans. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Republicans do have the most to gain if she resigns and it also explains why no charges are going to be laid.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
This could be a political ruse to get Palin to resign, not by the Democrats but by Republicans. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Republicans do have the most to gain if she resigns and it also explains why no charges are going to be laid.

Perhaps, but this investigation has been active before she was even publically nominated, so I doubt that is the case.

And I would think that if she pulled out now and McCain had to bring another person in to fill in the gap, that would do even more harm for his chances as it will quickly direct the focus back on his decision making more so then it currently is.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:cool:.......Those are either crib notes on her right hand, or she cut herself during the ribbon-slashing ceremony.

Or she's practising the ol' ...............s IE g heil.