Harpo the Bubble Boy

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Well Mr. missile some of us may not have read the article. Do you have a comment on the article or just wasting our time stating that you read it?

It makes little difference who is elected. Mr. Harper would have joined the coalition of the willing and Canada would have official troops in Iraq. Mr. Cretien said no and that ended him. Mr. Harper wanted Canada's tour in Afghanistan extended. Mr. Dion went on & on and then flipped quickly and supported Harper.
Once one votes one gives the elected all power. The elected representative then votes as he is told to vote by the party even if 99% of his/her constituants are opposed. Bob Rae was elected, NDP, Premier of Ontario. He went in and opened the Teachers' contracts, gave them unpaid days off and froze all wages for teachers for 3 years. He also hit a few other groups but not his business friends. Did the NDP give themselves a raise? Clark told Canada that a $0.50 tax was needed per gallon of gasoline to make ends meet. He was out, Trudeau back in and Trudeau then nickled and dimed us to 60 cents per gallon.

Regardless, our oil and hydro will continue to flow to the USA and we will buy it from them. We will continue to spend billions in Afghanistan ( Harper with his transparency has not disclosed the $$$cost of Afghanistan) and non of our leaders have told us the truth--WE ARE IN AFGHANISTAN to secure the area for a gas pipeline no0t to help the people. Harper is a Bush man and Dion is a French Canadian man. Take your choice. It may make a small difference. BUT $$$ decide the issues not your vote.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

The man is a hypocrite, he is a snob, a political thug, a cheat, a one men show, no MP is allowed to talk to media, the RCMP is always there stopping questions from the media. Canada will suffer in the hands of a dictator like Harper……………instead of building schools to educate misfortunate children he favors life in prison for a 14 year old misguided kid………..Harper is a strong advocate of prolife………….f hypocrite……. :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Bloody lefties can't spell and have poor grammar skills. Sheesh.

Walter that attitude is what infuriates me. If I am a bloody lefty, you are my friend a bloody right wing………. Do you know that south of the boarder the right wing has put the American people at serious grave economic peril?
I am sure you know but you are a stubborn man talking like that when in fact there is huge criticism on the camps of the Cons both Canada and the US…….
Wake up Wally your Con mentor Harper will do the same to you as Mulroney did to this country. Harper will have you running like a pig on the way to the slaughter house……. Bloody Cons…..:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Bloody lefties can't spell and have poor grammar skills. Sheesh.

Hi Wally. You don't really want me to point out all your spelling and grammar mistakes now, do you?

There have been many, but, I just chortle and boogie on.

Anyway, this is about Harpo the Bubble Boy, not Wally the Clown.

Next week, we'll write one about you. OK?

Nugg.(rather a Leftie than a megalomaniac idiot.)

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I agree with most of the precautions to isolate Harper from the general public. The lunatic fringe exists and making sure armed crazy people can't get near Harper is a reasonable precaution. All the leaders should be similarly protected.

If he has a Conservative organized rally, of course the conservatives have a right to insist only people with invitations get in.

Harper should have to answer hard questions from people who disagree with him and that's the point of the article. But if he doesn't as is the case, then its up to the voters to find out Harper's position on the issues.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
S'not cut n paste, it's providing a link. Cut and paste occurs when...........aw fukk it.

:lol:
Just too lazy to actually post something then:smile:TO should have at least one decent paper,what about the Globe? The Post?Probably owned by one of us evil Cons,eh?

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
I agree with most of the precautions to isolate Harper from the general public. The lunatic fringe exists and making sure armed crazy people can't get near Harper is a reasonable precaution. All the leaders should be similarly protected.

The RCMP in this case aren't being used to protect him from the public. They are being used to shield him or his party members from the media. That is an abuse of the judicial system which is suppose to be impartial to the political process. In this way Harper makes the RCMP a personal arm of the PMO's authority and prevents the transparency of his government to questions by the media.

Harper or his staff can refuse questions but that becomes a part of the message. Taking even that away creates a separation of the public and the government's accountability to us.

Even Judge Gomery said that this government has concentrated more power to itself than any other government.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080130.wgom0130/BNStory/National/home

Gomery disappointed in Harper (excerpt)

The overall goal was to reverse a growing trend — decades in the making — toward centralization of power in the hands of the prime minister and his inner circle, a situation that critics saw as an invitation to the abuse of power.

It was a goal that Mr. Harper appeared to share when he was in opposition, says Mr. Gomery. But since he took power “there's more concentration of power in the Prime Minister's Office than we've ever had before, which is quite remarkable in a minority government, but he's pulled it off.”

Mr. Gomery also points to the Tory failure to revamp the Access to Information Act to make it easier for journalists and other citizens to pry documentation from the bureaucracy.

“The government was saying at the time (of the report) that transparency was very important and that they wanted to improve transparency. In practice it's been an exact reverse.”

I honestly feel Harper is a danger to the democracy of this country. I say that without endorsing any of the other parties. This is why I make the appeal not in voting for another party, but in the very least, not voting for Harper.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Hi Wally. You don't really want me to point out all your spelling and grammar mistakes now, do you?

There have been many, but, I just chortle and boogie on.

Anyway, this is about Harpo the Bubble Boy, not Wally the Clown.

Next week, we'll write one about you. OK?

Nugg.(rather a Leftie than a megalomaniac idiot.)

VIVA LA LIBERAL........................and down witht the Cons:lol:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
ooohhh " the polls"

I agree 100% with eleveneleven's points on Harpers use of the RCMP, using Federal policemen as your own private brown-shirts has GOT to be some kind of abuse (didn't say the H word but hell, there's parallels in certain ways to be SURE)
Sorry, carry on :)

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The RCMP in this case aren't being used to protect him from the public. They are being used to shield him or his party members from the media. That is an abuse of the judicial system which is suppose to be impartial to the political process. In this way Harper makes the RCMP a personal arm of the PMO's authority and prevents the transparency of his government to questions by the media.

Harper or his staff can refuse questions but that becomes a part of the message. Taking even that away creates a separation of the public and the government's accountability to us.

Even Judge Gomery said that this government has concentrated more power to itself than any other government.

We noticed one very important word is missing from Harpers vocabulary in this election, TRANSPARENCY……. HARPER HAS NO BALLS TO USE THE WORD TRANSPARENCY IN THIS ELECTION;
HE WILL GET A BLOODY NOSE FROM THE PUBLIC IF HE DARES TO USE THE WORD TRANSPARENCY…

HARPER IS PHONY, HE IS A ONE MEN SHOW, AND THIS FAR INTO THIS ELECTION HE HAS FIRED A HAND FULL OF RAMBUNCTIOUS MINISTERS, FOUL MOUTH MINISTERS WHO WERE KIND ENOUGH TO SHOW WHO THEY REALLY ARE THIS EARLY IN THE CAMPAIGN AS WELL WHAT THEY THINK….
From the Agriculture minister Ritz after 18 people died his foul mouth spouts out “Death by 1000 cold cuts and it is to bad a Liberal wasn’t amongst them…….

A Conservative MP Tom Lukiwski apologized Thursday after the Saskatchewan NDP released a 16-year-old videotape featuring him and a young Brad Wall that contains sexist, racist and homophobic comments. “GAYs are fagots with dirt under their finger nails"…….

A Conservative MP Bernier gets fired because his mind was on his girl friend linked to the bikers…………….SERIOUS BREACH OF SECURITY…

A Conservative MP GETS FIRED OVER THE PUFFIN SH!TTING ON DION……
Conservative Leader Stephen Harper has apologized for an animation on a Tory website that showed a puffin pooping on Liberal Leader Stephan Dion.
There is more on Harpers bad report card……………….4 years on a majority with this crap Canada will not see the progress Canada deserves……….

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
…….

A Conservative MP Tom Lukiwski apologized Thursday after the Saskatchewan NDP released a 16-year-old videotape featuring him and a young Brad Wall that contains sexist, racist and homophobic comments. “GAYs are fagots with dirt under their finger nails"…….

……….

You must be getting despirate if you have to go back 16 years! Get a life...