Your Turn with Jack Layton - CBC National (Video)

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Some very straight forward questions that seem to concern most Canadians:

http://www.cbc.ca/national/blog/spe...our_turn_elections/more_with_jack_layton.html

After viewing, are there any paticular questions that you feel might not have mentioned?

Has this by chance influenced your point of view on Layton and the NDP, or is it pretty much the same (Or worse?)

Why?

In my personal view, he seemed to have explained himself very clearly and straight forward..... none of that run around crap and avoiding the answers. Sounded good to me.

Opinios?

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I thought he was a good bush beater, but he sounds better than Dion....
Leader of the opposition?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
In my personal view, he seemed to have explained himself very clearly and straight forward..... none of that run around crap and avoiding the answers. Sounded good to me.

Opinios?

Yup, straight up, guy. Met him once. Here's the problem. Any politician that gets in turns corrupt. They all suck. Don't vote. I liked a lot of Jack's statements but then I heard he was a gun hater. That's another problem. I like one party's policy, but not another. So why bother? Why not just live in the woods and be your own country?:angry3:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Yup, straight up, guy. Met him once. Here's the problem. Any politician that gets in turns corrupt. They all suck. Don't vote. I liked a lot of Jack's statements but then I heard he was a gun hater. That's another problem. I like one party's policy, but not another. So why bother? Why not just live in the woods and be your own country?:angry3:

You sound like someone who enjoys his right to complain. If you don't vote, you're not doing your part to change things and the rest of us get what you deserve. All that really matters is getting your name stroked off that list. It shows you care. Vote? You're right. They're all in it for the bucks. A spoiled ballot is the same thing as saying "none of the above". That's a statement. Why bother is apathy.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
You sound like someone who enjoys his right to complain. If you don't vote, you're not doing your part to change things and the rest of us get what you deserve. All that really matters is getting your name stroked off that list. It shows you care. Vote? You're right. They're all in it for the bucks. A spoiled ballot is the same thing as saying "none of the above". That's a statement. Why bother is apathy.

You know Lone Wolf....you're right. If I don't vote this coming election it would be the first time I never voted provincially or federally. Maybe I should rethink my current position on this election. It's hard to give that vote to a party you may only agree with on a couple of points. Maybe I'll vote for the guy with the funniest name or the hardest name to pronounce or something like that. lol:lol: Also, yes I like to complain now and then, especially about politicians.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

I already thought about that, and they will eventually come for you, as you'd be living on "Crown Land" after all.

And I'm all for firearms myself.... just not in the hands of average idiots without proper education and training in their use, who see them as a symbol of power and "Respect" not as what they really are.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
You know Lone Wolf....you're right. If I don't vote this coming election it would be the first time I never voted provincially or federally. Maybe I should rethink my current position on this election. It's hard to give that vote to a party you may only agree with on a couple of points. Maybe I'll vote for the guy with the funniest name or the hardest name to pronounce or something like that. lol:lol: Also, yes I like to complain now and then, especially about politicians.

Well I unfortunatly have to view it as this:

None of the parties are 100% of what I am looking for, I don't even like this form of democracy we use..... however it's far better then the circus south of the border.

I don't believe any of the parties will have all my best interests as heart..... but I'd much rather vote for the person who will cover the majority of my concerns, and then fight the things that are opposite.... for you, it would be the gun control I believe. If you voted for them directly, then you would have more rights to bitch them out and try and get them to change their policies.

Through time, one would hope they would evolve themselves to suit more of what the Canadian Citizens want.... that's their job in my opinion. We don't need "Leaders" to "Tell" us was we want..... we need someone whom we can tell what we need done, and they "lead" the way in getting those things done.