Who do you blame for the Sponsorship Scandal?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
All politics thrive with the single word POWER…………..
It is known that POWER with out checks and balances becomes very abusive……

No matter who is on the political helm of Canada, the Conservatives or the Liberals the opposition has to be one with clout and ability to protest loud in order to prevent bad legislation and bad governing practices taking place……………
When Brian Mulroney and his Tories got reduced to ruble, 2 seats in the house were not enough to perform as an affective opposition……………
Even though the majority of Canadian voters had clearly decided to give the Liberals 3 consecutive majority landslides, the Liberals at the end got sloppy……….
Now, to blame the Liberals for getting sloppy at the end is wrong……………

The people who must take the blame for the Liberals getting sloppy at the end of their 13 year power is the Conservatives…………….because if they had their house in order during the Mulroney years they would have been able to provide for the Canadian people a strong opposition and prevent the Sponsor ship scandal that cost the Liberals their right to govern………..
The bottom line is a Liberal government and a strong opposition the Conservatives, only then Canada has a chance overcoming the bad economic news South of the Boarder………… Anything else the Conservatives will run Canada to the ground………..

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
All politics thrive with the single word POWER…………..
It is known that POWER with out checks and balances becomes very abusive……

No matter who is on the political helm of Canada, the Conservatives or the Liberals the opposition has to be one with clout and ability to protest loud in order to prevent bad legislation and bad governing practices taking place……………
When Brian Mulroney and his Tories got reduced to ruble, 2 seats in the house were not enough to perform as an affective opposition……………
Even though the majority of Canadian voters had clearly decided to give the Liberals 3 consecutive majority landslides, the Liberals at the end got sloppy……….
Now, to blame the Liberals for getting sloppy at the end is wrong……………

The people who must take the blame for the Liberals getting sloppy at the end of their 13 year power is the Conservatives…………….because if they had their house in order during the Mulroney years they would have been able to provide for the Canadian people a strong opposition and prevent the Sponsor ship scandal that cost the Liberals their right to govern………..
The bottom line is a Liberal government and a strong opposition the Conservatives, only then Canada has a chance overcoming the bad economic news South of the Boarder………… Anything else the Conservatives will run Canada to the ground………..

Have you lost your mind?

Liberals stole millions of dollars in quebec, and it is the fault of the CONSERVATIVES??????!!!!!!

Socrates that is simply nutty.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
What are you on? If they were as trustworth as they've conned you into believing, they'd still be in power....

They were Canada’s favorite for 13 years and as you and I know we expose something or anyone to an environment and the result will be change, let as not forget POWER WILL CORRUPT THE BEST OF HUMAN INTENTIONS……………..
Or this one I am sure you know this one FAMILIARITY BREADS CONTEMPT…………
Here is another one LW,
On the 2006 election the Liberals still ended up with 103 seats in the Ottawa, a far noticeable deference from 2 seats………………is that say anything……………..of course it dose. It simply indentifies that traditionally Canada has done better under the Liberal machine vs the Conservative Bick with the Gestapo bucket…………. ;-)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
They were Canada’s favorite for 13 years and as you and I know we expose something or anyone to an environment and the result will be change, let as not forget POWER WILL CORRUPT THE BEST OF HUMAN INTENTIONS……………..
Or this one I am sure you know this one FAMILIARITY BREADS CONTEMPT…………
Here is another one LW,
On the 2006 election the Liberals still ended up with 103 seats in the Ottawa, a far noticeable deference from 2 seats………………is that say anything……………..of course it dose. It simply indentifies that traditionally Canada has done better under the Liberal machine vs the Conservative Bick with the Gestapo bucket…………. ;-)

Y'know Sock.... It would be a lot easier to figure out what you're fumbling with saying if you'd dump the hate rhetoric. You sound like a bloody NAZI!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Have you lost your mind?

Liberals stole millions of dollars in quebec, and it is the fault of the CONSERVATIVES??????!!!!!!

Socrates that is simply nutty.

103 seats is far better than 2 seats ………………….if they had stolen millions they would have been reduced to ruble like the Conservatives were in 1993, but the Liberals didn’t go to exile like the Conservatives did…………….:p:p:p

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
103 seats is far better than 2 seats ………………….if they had stolen millions they would have been reduced to ruble like the Conservatives were in 1993, but the Liberals didn’t go to exile like the Conservatives did…………….:p:p:p

They did steal millions. Do some research before getting your mouth in gear. Mulroney, on the other hand, cost us BILLIONS. That's why that incarnation of PC went extinct.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
They did steal millions. Do some research before getting your mouth in gear. Mulroney, on the other hand, cost us BILLIONS. That's why that incarnation of PC went extinct.

Jean Chrétien did not go out the back door with undeclared doe in brown bags to Revenue Canada ………………. that said alot about good old Jean Chrétien.............. :smile:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jean Chrétien did not go out the back door with undeclared doe in brown bags to Revenue Canada ………………. that said alot about good old Jean Chrétien.............. :smile:

Naw......he just used the RCMP as his own personal gestapo to hound the head of the BDC when he refused to go along with a ccorrupt plan to provide cash to one of Jean's felon buddies......that just happened to owe money to Jean......but Jean had the RCMP by the cojones.......

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Colpy beat me on that one - although I DO wish he'd lighten up on the venom too.... My understanding is it had something to to with a high risk loan that normally a bank wouldn't take a chance on ... unless leaned on by higher authority. Research. It can be your friend....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
...but that was under the old management so it doesn't matter, right?

True enough.....I don't doubt Dion's honesty (although he was a Quebec cabinet minister during that fiasco).

But damn it, the Libs on here are blaming us for Mulrooney! 15 years ago.......and not even the same party!

So they can wear Chretien.......

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I blame the political elite. It seems plundering and selling off our rights has become a primary source of income for them.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Bingo. That's why we shouldn't trust anyone who gets in, no matter whether or not they seem forthright.
Why do you elect them in the first place ?
Once they get in, the power corrupts them.
Who gives them the power?
This country makes me sick...
Then you should leave the country or remain sick .