Debate - May leads Dion hand in hand

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
In an interview Sunday on CTV's Question Period, Green Leader Elizabeth May also alluded to Dion's linguistic obstacle, saying her presence in next month's leaders' debates may actually benefit Dion because she will have an easier time explaining the Green Shift to Canadians.
"Since it's our plan, the Green Shift plan, I can explain it well," May said. "I think the fact that I can explain it may be useful for Canadians in making up their minds on how to vote."

Yeah, so I guess Layton and Harper were correct.

Maybe we should let the marijuana party join in on the debate too, at least they aren't in kudos with any of the other leaders, I mean while we are letting single issue activists in to a political debate... why not..

The communist party of Canada has more of a right to be at the debates than the Greens for crying out loud and they get less then 1% of the vote.

I can't wait for 2 hours of may saying, "Child-Care, is important, but if we don't elect myself or dion as prime minister and the Greenshift plan isn't implemented, there will be no earth to raise children"

Yeah.... I have seen a few different debates in which a G.P. candidate participated, and TRUST ME these are exactly the sort of answers that are given.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah, so I guess Layton and Harper were correct.

Maybe we should let the marijuana party join in on the debate too, at least they aren't in kudos with any of the other leaders, I mean while we are letting single issue activists in to a political debate... why not..

The communist party of Canada has more of a right to be at the debates than the Greens for crying out loud and they get less then 1% of the vote.

I can't wait for 2 hours of may saying, "Child-Care, is important, but if we don't elect myself or dion as prime minister and the Greenshift plan isn't implemented, there will be no earth to raise children"

Yeah.... I have seen a few different debates in which a G.P. candidate participated, and TRUST ME these are exactly the sort of answers that are given.

Graeme

You haven't exactly kept it a secret that you are against both the Green party and the Liberals. so your dopey exaggerations are not very effective. You may not agree with the Liberals or the Green Party but they are hardly single issue activists.
Close to a million Canadians voted for the Green party last election Are you saying they shouldn't have a voice in the debates?

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
Umm yeah, they are single issue activists (the greens that is, not the liberals)

And no activism has no place in the political debates. (unless potentially it was a debate only on the activists cause)

Letting any candidate in a debate doesn't give a voice to those who voted for them it gives a voice only to the person or party in the debate.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Umm yeah, they are single issue activists (the greens that is, not the liberals)

And no activism has no place in the political debates. (unless potentially it was a debate only on the activists cause)

Letting any candidate in a debate doesn't give a voice to those who voted for them it gives a voice only to the person or party in the debate.
Graeme, I agree with your comments here.