Gang Association: Should it be outlawed?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I know that freedom states we have the right to association, however all right are within reason, not absolute. Therefore at what point, should we start locking people that we know for sure are gang members? Or would this lead us down a dangerous road? Ur thoughts?:smile:

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Gang members should be hunted & captured at all cost.
Illegal gun trafficking must be controlled.
These gang members must be rehabilitated instead of prison sentence.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
OMFG!!! This is some funny sh!t!!

The more dumb f**king laws you make the more need there is for gangs. You can't stop this. It's a world wide phenomenon. The most you can do is escalate it into a civil war.

The only other option is to offer the gang bangers some opportunities so they don't want to join gangs. Mind you, that might mean the political elite would have to tighten their belts a little and they don't like doing that. Instead of using lottery money to build fields in rich neighbourhoods they might have to build the odd on in a "gasp" poorer one.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
OMFG!!! This is some funny sh!t!!

The more dumb f**king laws you make the more need there is for gangs. You can't stop this. It's a world wide phenomenon. The most you can do is escalate it into a civil war.

The only other option is to offer the gang bangers some opportunities so they don't want to join gangs. Mind you, that might mean the political elite might have to tighten their belts a little and they don't like doing that.

I'm not saying would work, maybe just a crackdown, scare a little.
Or create utopia. No one disenfranchised, no need for gangs. It'll never happen.:angryfire:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I'm not saying would work, maybe just a crackdown, scare a little.
Or create utopia. No one disenfranchised, no need for gangs. It'll never happen.:angryfire:

People don't need utopia they just need hope and something to live for. Your right that even then not everyone would stop their criminality but it would sure go a long way.

Besides, a lot of our laws are crazy and ridiculous and, due to that fact, being free entails some degree of criminality.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
People don't need utopia they just need hope and something to live for. Your right that even then not everyone would stop their criminality but it would sure go a long way.

Besides, a lot of our laws are crazy and ridiculous and, due to that fact, being free entails some degree of criminality.

Hmmmmm.....Your ideals are new and intriguing to me.:smile: