Human rights versus jobs

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Canada’s Prime minister decided to boycott the opening of the Olympics in China because of his stance on human rights issues.

Meanwhile America’s president went to China because he knows what every good leader knows jobs are more important than human rights.

What are human rights anyways?

Let’s look at the human rights record of America, which says that if you got the money you got rights, if not then die on the streets.

How about the twenty-first century of slaves in the form of illegal immigration.

How about if you are on American soil then you got rights except if you are in Gitmo.

The Prime Minister of Canada has decided to sacrifice jobs for a dream.

Jobs bring in money so that people can have human rights.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Canada’s Prime minister decided to boycott the opening of the Olympics in China because of his stance on human rights issues.

Meanwhile America’s president went to China because he knows what every good leader knows jobs are more important than human rights.

Let’s look at the human rights record of America, which says that if you got the money you got rights, if not then die on the streets.

How about the twenty-first century of slaves in the form of illegal immigration.

How about if you are on American soil then you got rights except if you are in Gitmo.

.....Harpo truly is a dilemma, isn't he?

gullyfourmyle

Aug 7, 2008
Pickering
Street Racer Legislation

If you want to talk about human rights you don't have to look any further than Ontario. The street racing legislation denies the right to remain innocent until proven guilty. You are guilty until proven guilty. The law was brought in under false pretenses using incomplete information to deceive the public.

This not condoning street racing, but when you have a problem that amounts to three tenths of one percent of the total picture and rights are being denied over it - that's a problem. Especially when there are alternatives that could have been implemented and weren't.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If you want to talk about human rights you don't have to look any further than Ontario. The street racing legislation denies the right to remain innocent until proven guilty. You are guilty until proven guilty. The law was brought in under false pretenses using incomplete information to deceive the public.

This not condoning street racing, but when you have a problem that amounts to three tenths of one percent of the total picture and rights are being denied over it - that's a problem. Especially when there are alternatives that could have been implemented and weren't.

Human Rights in Ontario? Be disabled in an accident and forced to the mercy of this province. Why not spread the misery around?

http://journals.aol.com/lone56wolf/i-should-have..../

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

China already has most of our manufacturing jobs, just ask Sam Walton.

So where are their job induced human rights? 8O

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the aptly named LIBERALMAN, the very essence of the Liberal Party of Canada, the scum of the bloody earth..........watch as they press their lips fervently to the buttocks of the new fascist power of the world, oh! the adoration of the structure of control of every aspect of life!.......observe as they deny the value of those things that are they very best in our society, watch as they undercut what has cost the west millions of lives.......see them devalue the very thing that has made westerbn civilization the absolute apex of human development......for the chance, nay the whisper of a chance of an almighty extra dollar or two.

Jobs are more important than human rights?

Idiot!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the aptly named LIBERALMAN, the very essence of the Liberal Party of Canada, the scum of the bloody earth..........watch as they press their lips fervently to the buttocks of the new fascist power of the world oh! the adoration of the structure of control of every aspect of life!.......observe as they deny the value of those things that are they very best in our society watch as they undercut what has cost the west millions of lives.......see them devalue the very thing that has made westerbn civilization the absolute apex of human development......for the chance, nay the whisper of a chance of an almighty extra dollar or two.

Idiot!

I am not much for the libz either ... Have you heard the one about pot and kettle? Jobs aren't all that important either (at least the good-paying ones) or Harper wouldn't let resources go south in the crudest form possible.

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the aptly named LIBERALMAN, the very essence of the Liberal Party of Canada, the scum of the bloody earth..........watch as they press their lips fervently to the buttocks of the new fascist power of the world, oh! the adoration of the structure of control of every aspect of life!.......observe as they deny the value of those things that are they very best in our society, watch as they undercut what has cost the west millions of lives.......see them devalue the very thing that has made westerbn civilization the absolute apex of human development......for the chance, nay the whisper of a chance of an almighty extra dollar or two.

Idiot! "

If I or anyone else wrote that about a right winger, it would be deleted and I would get tons of bad rep points.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Im living paycheck to paycheck...all my rights are intact, and i'm still breathing so the OP is wrong...just because I'm still alive.

I haven't died in the streets.

Well, that was easy.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the aptly named LIBERALMAN, the very essence of the Liberal Party of Canada, the scum of the bloody earth..........watch as they press their lips fervently to the buttocks of the new fascist power of the world, oh! the adoration of the structure of control of every aspect of life!.......observe as they deny the value of those things that are they very best in our society, watch as they undercut what has cost the west millions of lives.......see them devalue the very thing that has made westerbn civilization the absolute apex of human development......for the chance, nay the whisper of a chance of an almighty extra dollar or two.

Idiot! "

If I or anyone else wrote that about a right winger, it would be deleted and I would get tons of bad rep points.

You're worried about bad rep points?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
"scum of the earth ... lips fervently on buttocks ... Idiot!"

And what if some lib said that to you? I bet the mods would do something about it. ;)

Dude, I once told Jersay that he/she/it should die in a fire...or something like that.

I'm as "reich-wing" as it gets..and i got banned.

So, please cry more...your tears are delicious.