US Canada Mexico one country

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Write your MP folks....it's happening just as the song says it is!!

http://www.youtube.com/lemreprah

The usual.

Some very nice, concerned lefty that is totally devoid of any sense or vision other than QUICK! Build a wall around Canada!

Completely knee jerk.....

Does anyone have a reasoned critique of the SPP?

I mean not just a pretty lady singing a song without specifics.........

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The instant I hear the Texans flip out about this is when I'll believe there's some validity to it. Because I guarantee that if the US wanted to join up with Mexico, there'd be a broo-ha-ha down in Texas. They really don't like the 'illegals' much (the catch all the Texans I know use to label all Mexicans).

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
The US, Canada, and Mexico as one country ?

Great idea.

There oughtta be a sunset provision on all national mythologies. Eventually living in a bubble and hearing the drum beat of any national song becomes incestuous.

Does it mean we get rid of what is good in each country ?

No.

And how can we get rid of what is good ?

How can we get rid of what is bad ?

That question assumes we might be competent at doing either ?

But...

Having a huge country begets great bureaucratic apparati. The answer to that issue is what we all have already: Federalism. The federal system of states and provinces comes in handy to administer over manageable sizes of populations and lands masses.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The usual.

Some very nice, concerned lefty that is totally devoid of any sense or vision other than QUICK! Build a wall around Canada!

Completely knee jerk.....

Does anyone have a reasoned critique of the SPP?

I mean not just a pretty lady singing a song without specifics.........

I'd be interested in your ideas about NAU Colpy, and not only because I need a good laugh.
The council of canadians has the scoop on SPP as well as most other informed citizens of all three countrys included in the asset stripping plan.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I'd be interested in your ideas about NAU Colpy, and not only because I need a good laugh.
The council of canadians has the scoop on SPP as well as most other informed citizens of all three countrys included in the asset stripping plan.

I think ideally, at at first blush, it might not be a bad idea...........it would certainly help Mexico..........

If we could keep English common law, the American Bill of Rights, Canadian labour standards, and combine the best of the US/canadian political systems i.e. American-style senate, as well as American attitudes towards party loyalty, and even a US-style President as Head of State......with a Parliamentary system.....well, it might be good.

But it is impossible. The absolute silliness of the idea.....what, the Americans are going to radically change the sacred constitution? Canadians are going to overcome their holier-than-thou view of Americans? As Karrie said, Texans are going to stand for a mass migration of Mexican workers? Mexicans are going to completely change their legal system? All and sundry are going to work as one entity in dealing with the outside world?

The Council of Canadians is the only body on earth that counts among its leaders enough paranoid idiots to think this is actually a possibility.

Closer ties?

Reciprocity?

Yeah, no problem. Good idea.

A threat to Canadian democracy? Total union? Laughable.

If you want to see a threat to anadian freedom, just look at ALL parties on Parliament Hill. You don't need to look south.

As an aside, a buddy of mine lived in Texas for awhile. Once his biker neighbour showed him his brand new custom built .45 ACP 1911 Pistol. Not being a gunner, my buddy asked....."What's that for?" "Oh, just shooting cans..................................you know, Mexi-cans, Puerto Ri-cans................."

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Right wing money grubbers aren't making enough from our heath care or getting our resources fast enough. Bend over Canada. That goes for you too Colpy.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The USA is spent and now we're going to spend ourselves recovering their asses!

I say to hell with them - leave our resources alone!