Breaking up the nation again!

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
After two term of the last conservative government Canada just about came apart. Many people see Mulroney as being more interested in US interests than Canadian and after his party disintigrated in 1993 many of its members went into the Bloq trying pull Quebec out of confederation or the Reform that was mostly focused on western issues.

Now we have a new conservative party in government that is a combination of what was left of the old PCs and the Reform/Alliance. It's supposed to be a positive alternative to the Liberals who held this nation together throughout most of the 1990s but what is it really doing.

First off Harper seems more concerned once again with US issues. He would have liked to have gotten Canada involved in the whole Iraq quagmire that has taken more than 4,000 American lives and wounded many thousands more and caused probably well over 1,000,000 civilian casualties as well as several million refugees and cost trillions contributing to a severe downturn in the US economy. Instead of Iraq he decided to join Canada with the war on terror in Afghanistan that most other NATO nations are smart enough to stay out of in the north of the country. We've lost over 80 personel with many wounded so that Harper can back the policies of the president with the lowest approval rating of almost any in history.

The Softwood lumber deal was a windfall for the US Bush adminstration and lumber lobby. I still don't understand why $500 million dollars in discretionary funding went from Canadian taxpayers to the White House and there's no way Harper should have rewarded the years of trying to stick it to the Canadian forest sector with a legal battle that was anything but. The US lumber lobby also got another $500 million Canadian, and a few weeks later a US legal decision came down that Canada didn't owe the US forst sector a cent, but it was too late. The softwood lumber deal didn't even work, the US lumber lobby took us to court once again last year, what a joke.

How about SPP and trying to give free access to our water and natural resources to the US.

Or the conservatives doing everything and anything to slow down the functioning of our Parliment while attacking constituency support for the oppostion at the riding level.

The Atlantic Accord where the Maritime provinces were promised one thing and given something else.

How about income trust (there's no trust with this government).

Anyone who thinks the conservative government stands up for Canadians better wake the hell up. All this talk about Liberal corruption is just a smokescreen for another conservative government that is more interested in tearing this nation apart so the US can pick up the pieces later at firesale prices. They'll do anything to get their majority government at which point Parliment will become a rubber stamp for Harper.

I don't support Dion because I think the Liberal party is perfect, I support him because he's the only thing stopping another conservative attempt to break Canada apart.

NorthrnMystique

Feb 19, 2008
Jeonju, South Korea (presently)
The conseravatives are puppy dogs grovelling for crumbs at the US table.

But the LIberals....?
Who signed the SPP? Paul Martin, a Liberal

The Liberals dont act on principle.....they're too accustomed to power to do that...... they only administrate.
They would have administrated at the helm of the Titanic up until the oxygen supply ran out at the front cabin.
I think that adage is apt for Canada's current situation in North America....