Dark days for Dion.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
The playground bullies are waiting for him.
It is the first day of the resumption of Parliament, this Monday just past at 2:15 p.m. Stéphane Dion stands up in the House of Commons to ask the traditional first question afforded the Leader of the Opposition.
He begins in his awkward, heavily accented English: “Mr. Speaker, Canada is a country – .” And he gets no further, his words drowned out by braying male laughter from the Conservative MPs across the aisle, by their mock thunderous applause and chants of “More! More!”
It happens again the next day. Mr. Dion rises to his feet at the commencement of Question Period. “Let me read – “ he begins, and the rest of his sentence is obliterated by the same shouts of “More! More!” until the Speaker comes to his rescue.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ory/Front/home
----------------------------------------------------------------
It's disgusting how that conservative bunch behaves towards a fellow politician!! They should all be sent to the principal's office, except he is their cheer leader!! Worst yet, they get a royal paycheck for this rude behavior!:angryfire:

Dion is too shy and too sensitive; perhaps raised far more decently than those bullies. They should bring Chretien back!!! Remember him wrestling a hustler to the ground?:lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The playground bullies are waiting for him.
It is the first day of the resumption of Parliament, this Monday just past at 2:15 p.m. Stéphane Dion stands up in the House of Commons to ask the traditional first question afforded the Leader of the Opposition.
He begins in his awkward, heavily accented English: “Mr. Speaker, Canada is a country – .” And he gets no further, his words drowned out by braying male laughter from the Conservative MPs across the aisle, by their mock thunderous applause and chants of “More! More!”
It happens again the next day. Mr. Dion rises to his feet at the commencement of Question Period. “Let me read – “ he begins, and the rest of his sentence is obliterated by the same shouts of “More! More!” until the Speaker comes to his rescue.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ory/Front/home
----------------------------------------------------------------
It's disgusting how that conservative bunch behaves towards a fellow politician!! They should all be sent to the principal's office, except he is their cheer leader!! Worst yet, they get a royal paycheck for this rude behavior!:angryfire:

Dion is too shy and too sensitive; perhaps raised far more decently than those bullies. They should bring Chretien back!!! Remember him wrestling a hustler to the ground?:lol:

The braying of MPs from any side of the House is rude, childish, outrageous, and an insult to anyone that participates in the Canadian democratic process.

On that we agree.

The guy that piece of scum Chretien strangled was a peaceful protester, exercising his right to disent, when "Jean the Don" attacked him. Chretien should have been charged with assault........

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
:roll:

Yep the Liberals have never partaken of such childish deeds. History lesson are cheap at the local library Loonie.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hi, Colpy;
you could have that story wrong I think. In my memory that protester got too close, right into Chretien's face. How could Jean know the guy wasn't going to knee him one? The guy didn't have peace in mind, else he would have stayed on the side.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hi, Colpy;
you could have that story wrong I think. In my memory that protester got too close, right into Chretien's face. How could Jean know the guy wasn't going to knee him one? The guy didn't have peace in mind, else he would have stayed on the side.

Absolutely right. That guy could even have had a knife. This time Chretien was right. Chretien should have kneed him.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hi, Colpy;

Sorry CDN Bear, but I think I'll concede this one............now, if the Scumball just hadn't been guilty of using the RCMP as his own personal Gestapo against employees of the BDC and APEC protesters, I might think he was almost OK......

Back on subject, there is VERY little that irritates me more than watching Parliament descend to the level of a grade 5 classroom that is completely out of control........I could never be an MP, I'd knock some heads together, and considering I'm a CPC member, I probably wouldn't have to walk too far to do it.

BUT, you have to remember....the rat pack? Liberal MPs instructed to call out "racist" every time a Reform member took the floor....

Outrageous on all sides.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry CDN Bear, but I think I'll concede this one............now, if the Scumball just hadn't been guilty of using the RCMP as his own personal Gestapo against employees of the BDC and APEC protesters, I might think he was almost OK......
LOL...no need to apologise Colpy, I think he did exactly what I would do. My LOL comes from watching the same people chide the one incident, while pat old Jean on the back, while making excuses to make it all cool.

Back on subject, there is VERY little that irritates me more than watching Parliament descend to the level of a grade 5 classroom that is completely out of control........I could never be an MP, I'd knock some heads together, and considering I'm a CPC member, I probably wouldn't have to walk too far to do it.
LMAO!!! Likely not...

BUT, you have to remember....the rat pack? Liberal MPs instructed to call out "racist" every time a Reform member took the floor....
That's even funnier...these types never remember shyte when it comes to the party de jour.
Outrageous on all sides.
And then some.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I agree with both Bear and Colpy on this issue. Our politicians are rude childish self-absorbed con-men. Always have been. Whether its Chretien or Martin, Mulroney or Harper, these people are so distant from the concept of gentlemanly disagreement and debate that their behavior suits the playground far more than it fits the offices they occupy.

No Liberal and no Conservative owns the corner on immature behavior, but what's far worse is that Canadians permit this nonsense to go unchallenged. There are more and more accusations and "evidence" coming out almost daily with respect to the mismanagement of the RCMP....we already know that CSIS is as useless as teats on a boar and chief coroners in the province of Ontario have gotten away with lying and misinformation passed along as "expert testimony" in our courts. We will never know the amount of money stolen by the Liberals in AdScam and we'll never know the truth behind Mulroney accepting wads of money under a restaurant table....

But hey...everyone relax ...this is DEMOCRACY at work....;)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
No Liberal and no Conservative owns the corner on immature behavior, but what's far worse is that Canadians permit this nonsense to go unchallenged. There are more and more accusations and "evidence" coming out almost daily with respect to the mismanagement of the RCMP....we already know that CSIS is as useless as teats on a boar and chief coroners in the province of Ontario have gotten away with lying and misinformation passed along as "expert testimony" in our courts. We will never know the amount of money stolen by the Liberals in AdScam and we'll never know the truth behind Mulroney accepting wads of money under a restaurant table....

But hey...everyone relax ...this is DEMOCRACY at work....;)

Out of curiosity Mikey, what would you replace our DEMOCRACY with?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Dion is too shy and too sensitive; perhaps raised far more decently than those bullies.

Gang mentality affords even the shy and well raised a chance to be loud brutes, when they are the ones afforded the 'anonimity' of the gang. Sure, Dion is the singled out deer right now. But you can't judge how he would act given their chance, based on where he stands at this moment. He could act like just as big an arse given the chance I'm sure.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Gang mentality affords even the shy and well raised a chance to be loud brutes, when they are the ones afforded the 'anonimity' of the gang. Sure, Dion is the singled out deer right now. But you can't judge how he would act given their chance, based on where he stands at this moment. He could act like just as big an arse given the chance I'm sure.

The thing is Karrie that he hasn't yet. Here is a brief sketch of the man:

Stephane Dion
Born: Sept. 28, 1955.
Education: Universite Laval, B.A. 1977, M.A. in 1979; doctorate in sociology from the Institut d'etudes politiques in Paris 1986.
Career: Taught public administration and political science at the Universite de Montreal, 1984 to 1996; lectured at the Universite de Moncton in 1984; author of numerous books and scientific articles.
Political experience: Named to cabinet as minister of intergovernmental affairs by Prime Minister Jean Chretien, January 1996; elected to Parliament in a by-election March 1996; re-elected 1997, 2000, 2004 and 2006; environment minister 2004.
Family: Married to Janine Krieber; one daughter, Jeanne.
Quote: "Underlying our Liberal philosophy is a conciliation of two great human ideals: individual freedom and equal opportunity. I propose that we add another: a healthy environment."

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hi, Karrie;
perhaps you could be right, it's a point to debate. I go very much by personal intuition, by seeing him, his wife... both come across to me as intelligent, thoughtful and dignified people. His mistake was not considering his shy nature, which causes him to be tense and awkward, which in turn gives his uncultured opponents an easy opportunity to ping and jeer at him. They probably mean it in good sport, but he does not have the easy-going personalty to let it bounce off, or reciprocate with even sharper darts!
It's a chicken yard I would not want to be in!!! We have something similar right here at CC. Some people just never grow up!;-):lol:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
#juan

Out of curiosity Mikey, what would you replace our DEMOCRACY with?
Modern Chinese Communism.Canada would be no 1 in no time. Hahaha

MikeyDB ,
No Liberal and no Conservative owns the corner on immature behavior, but what's far worse is that Canadians permit this nonsense to go unchallenged.
It takes guts and there are non "Made in Canada".

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
#juan

Modern Chinese Communism.Canada would be no 1 in no time. Hahaha

MikeyDB ,

Chinese Communism.....With over a billion people, what else would work? Canada is still small enough to have democracy of a sort....:smile:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Sorry, but after Dion making the majority of his party walk out on several votes in parlament and thus avoid an election each time, thereby making his own mockery of our political system, I have no sympathy for him if he can't speak above jeering mongrels and make sense at the same time.

And I've seen the Liberals do the same thing on countless similar situations before.... they're all guilty of doing this at one time or another.

Quite simply, our government is a joke.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Any time I see this on television(not that I watch it for very long, but it usually ends up on the news) I find myself disgusted. They all(and I mean all Parties) partake of this childishness which makes them look all the more foolish. They are supposed to be adults, and have many "important" tasks to perform. Mocking other people and acting like they do peeves me off. Act like adults, or join the Jerry Springer show which is where something like that belongs.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Sorry, but after Dion making the majority of his party walk out on several votes in parlament and thus avoid an election each time, thereby making his own mockery of our political system, I have no sympathy for him if he can't speak above jeering mongrels and make sense at the same time.

And I've seen the Liberals do the same thing on countless similar situations before.... they're all guilty of doing this at one time or another.

Quite simply, our government is a joke.

Disagree. It is good that some people at least, didn't want to put the country through the expense of another election that would have solved nothing.

You say our government is a joke. What would you replace it with?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Juan

Conscriptatory Service.

All individuals meeting qualification standards for voting in a Canadian election are sub-divided into categories. Catagories that have no over-arching influence like affiliation with some/a particular religion, political party, industrial or commercial enterprise etc.

Potential candidates are vetted for no criminal history, close association with extreme right-wing or left-wing political structures, competency in a field that relates to the government position being filled and performance analysis based on education, employment record and community involvement. (For starters)

The "conscript" would serve two terms. No candidate permitted to demonstrate vulnerability to nepotism or favoritism to corporate or industrial interests with de-selection as the consequences for obfuscating and misdirecting government policy to favor one socio-ethnic or religious or political construct.

I'm still fleshing out the details, but essentially, the prospective position holder would recieve remuneration commensurate with the rate of pay reasonably attributed to this persons skill level and expertise in the free-marketplace. Every piece of legislation and policy/program funded by "government" would have a built-in sunset clause that a majority of conscripts would ratify or not-ratify for continuation.

Like I said, I'm still working on it....