Canadian politics It is economy stupid

Milko

Nominee Member
Mar 3, 2008
What is the difference between Harper and Dion? Or more precisely Liberal vs Conservative.

When you cut taxes corporation increase it's revenue so they invest into economy to create more jobs(Trickle down economics). Liberals do not endorse tax cutting but tax raising, in order to invest into the most needed sectors of economy.

Conservatives fail to realize that tax cuts money go into developing world to increase their revenue, not necessary into our economy . Liberals fail to see that investment into our economy most likely to fail due to information and technology sectors, not manufacturing.Manufacturing creates jobs, not Inf techno. Both parties want Wall-Mart jobs to get statistics up, in the end we all lose.

Critize me please. Because I am damn pessimist when it come to the economy.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canadians are poorer today by a significant amount because Brian Mulroney quadrupled our debt during his time in office. Forty or fifty billion dollars were added to the already imposing debt every year the walking chin was in office. Just the interest on the debt is a significant part of our yearly budget. Chretien, with all his faults, did balance the books and pay down some of the debt, but keep on blaming the liberals if it makes you feel better.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't think any one way is the best solution all of the time. Tax and reduce spending during the good times. Spend and reduce tax during the bad times.