Well done Harper

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'd like to *gasp* congratulate *choke* Steven Harper *retch* for his new position on the Afghanistan mission. I'm not a fan of him or his government, but he's starting to act as a real leader should on this issue. As far as I'm concerned there's not going to be a military solution to the conflict in Afghanistan and Canada will do better with our traditional role as mediator, rather than combatant. Our troops have done a great job helping prevent a total takeover of the south of Afghanistan by the Taliban, now it's time to let the peacemakers find a diplomatic solution to what's really a civil war.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2008/02/21/harper-speech.html

In a speech late Thursday morning at the Conference of Defence Associations meeting in Ottawa, Harper revealed details of the motion that will be tabled sometime after the House resumes sitting next week.

Harper said the motion will incorporate "large elements" of last week's Liberal amendment of the Conservative party's original motion.

Also cudos to Dion for sticking to his guns.:lol:

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Once you get past the feathers it's OK.

Harper's not really a Torie as far as I'm concerned. My theroy is he's really Carl Rove in disguise, once he wins his majority he'll reveal his true identity and we can all live in the Neocon paradise to come. Those of us who can afford it that is.:lol: